PDA

View Full Version : Juror summons... WTF...

phat97yukon
04-03-2007, 06:16 PM
So get home from work today with this lovely peice of paper in the mail.. i guess im kinda stuck havin to go threw with it tho, just wondering who's been threw this and what the hell should i expect, i really dont want to be part of it tho :banghead: and its gotta be on the day after my freaken birthday too to top it all off. just to make this month even better.... Any imput would be great cuz now this crap has me stressin out, and i dont want to have to miss work than have to deal with finding and payin for parkin downtown also.. :dunno: :banghead:

EnRich
04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Your parking down town is paid for... And they'll pay you min wage while your a juror... hah!!!

I had that once. I told em it would interfere with my schooling (university) and I was far too busy on my spare time working so that I could even afford to goto school.

JRSC00LUDE
04-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Search

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/162745/jury-duty/

Read.

:clap:

Shoebox//Racer
04-04-2007, 11:20 AM
you have to go through a screening process where both the prosecution and the defense choose whether they want you on the panel. Most people can get out of it there. If both the Prosecution and Defense agree that they want you on the panel then i think you are fucked... I've heard if you show up really dressed up, nice suit, looking super sharp they won't want you, no idea if there is any truth to that claim though.

good luck man

l8braker
04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Tell them you're racist.

S4maniac
04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Don't stress, its not a big deal. You have to appear to the selection hearing, but then tell them that any case will greatly interfere with your school or work or family. That should get you off.

Otherwise ... hope you get an interesting case. I went through the whole thing once and got an assault case. It was cool, though I was shocked that in reality you spent only a couple hours a day in the courtroom. The judges really like their breaks.

phat97yukon
04-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
Tell them you're racist.

LOL i was thinkin of tellin them i have A.D.D or tourettes :dunno:

Thanks for some input on this, i really really hope i dont get picked tho

calgarys13
04-04-2007, 07:21 PM
just go crazy...rediculous amounts of racial slurs and swearing will get a long way...acting like your tweeking might help

signature7
04-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
Tell them you're racist.

it worked for larry david..go for it!:thumbsup:

Super_Geo
04-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by phat97yukon
So get home from work today with this lovely peice of paper in the mail.. i guess im kinda stuck havin to go threw with it tho, just wondering who's been threw this and what the hell should i expect, i really dont want to be part of it tho :banghead: and its gotta be on the day after my freaken birthday too to top it all off. just to make this month even better.... Any imput would be great cuz now this crap has me stressin out, and i dont want to have to miss work than have to deal with finding and payin for parkin downtown also.. :dunno: :banghead:

You should've through it out.

GTS Jeff
04-04-2007, 09:18 PM
It's a part of your duty as a Canadian, so if you don't want to do it, you should mail them a letter saying, 'fuck you' along with your ripped up passport.

And maybe if you cry some more about how it's the day after your birthday, someone will give you a lollipop.

adam c
04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
go high..

phat97yukon
04-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
It's a part of your duty as a Canadian, so if you don't want to do it, you should mail them a letter saying, 'fuck you' along with your ripped up passport.

And maybe if you cry some more about how it's the day after your birthday, someone will give you a lollipop.

Oh well sorry.... i was askin in general what the fuck... ive never done this shit before so i dont know what the fuck im supose to do so ya just wonder what goes on.... sorry buddy

GTS Jeff
04-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by phat97yukon

Oh well sorry.... i was askin in general what the fuck... ive never done this shit before so i dont know what the fuck im supose to do so ya just wonder what goes on.... sorry buddy Hey no worries dude, I'm just tellin ya, it's your duty as a Canadian citizen to do these things, and I fuckin hate it when leechers of society enjoy Canada yet are too lazy to give back even a day of their time to their country.

Aleks
04-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

You should've through it out.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: