PDA

View Full Version : speaker problems

gmc1628
04-03-2007, 07:10 PM
In my 1998 gmc sonoma my front left door speaker isn't working and i've tried other speakers and nothin, as well as my rear right speaker, i looked at my harness behind my head unit and everything is fine all connections are good, any idea wut it is?

97'Scort
04-04-2007, 09:26 AM
There are a couple of possibilities. Since you've tried other speakers on the same line, the problem is either with the wiring somewhere between the harness and the speaker, or the head unit is damaged and will not send those channels any more.

Is it an aftermarket head unit? If it is, try and get ahold of a friend's and test it using your harness. If not, you may want to consider getting an aftermarket one.

spikerS
04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
ran into this problem before. check the simplest thing first. is your balance set to the left side on the head unit?

2) next, swap out problem speaker with one you know works. if it still does not work, goto step 3.

3) next, pull the head unit out and wire in a 9V battery to the speaker wires for the affected speaker (wire this in where the wires connect to your decks harness) and take a volt meter to where to wires connect to the speaker. if volt meter will not get a reading, goto step 4.

4) remove battery from lines, and re-connect wiring harness to deck, and at the lines for that speaker, use your volt meter again.