PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERED: 1986 Toyota MR2

Jeff Lange
04-04-2007, 04:42 PM
EDIT: CAR RECOVERED!

Hey there fellow Beyond.ca'ers, my buddy's MR2 was stolen last night, if anyone sees it driving around, please let me know, either give me a call at work at 291-2119, leave a message at home 295-6351, or call my buddy Joel at 869-4552.

It's a Sherwood-Edition green/gold 86 MR2 with a black hood and it doesn't have a front bumper cover on it (just a rebar). License plate is GCE-278.

Was stolen last night from his driveway in MacEwan (NW).

Let me know if you hear or see anything! Thanks a ton guys.

Jeff

PS: I'll see if I can get some pics up later today/tomorrow.

Here are a couple pics of the car when it still had a front bumper cover. It currently does not.

http://jeff.supramania.com/mr2/mr21.jpg
http://jeff.supramania.com/mr2/mr22.jpg

hardip_jandiala
04-04-2007, 05:06 PM
sorry to hear about the loss...will keep an eye out

Russo
04-04-2007, 06:47 PM
this sux, soo many cars get stolen :(... wull keep an eye out too

Spoons
04-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Pictures would help, I used to live in MacEwan, sad to see this shit starting in this area. I will keep an eye out.

signature7
04-04-2007, 07:05 PM
fuck i live right by MacEwan, i used to think my neighborhood was safe; i hope you guys get the punks. I'll keep a look out

Jason Lange
04-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
Pictures would help, I used to live in MacEwan, sad to see this shit starting in this area. I will keep an eye out.

Yeah, I'm getting him to email me the pictures I took a while back right now so I can get them up for you guys to see.

:(

Stupid thieves.

EDIT: Oops, looks like my brother was logged in on my computer. This is Jeff.

Jason Lange
04-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Here are a couple of pictures of the car, these were taken when it had a front bumper cover on it though, it currently does not.

EDIT: Pics moved to first post.

Redlyne_mr2
04-05-2007, 09:17 AM
I never understoof the benefit of stealing an older car.. really the only reason would be to joyrde.

Jeff Lange
04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah, that's one of th reasons I hold out hope of finding it, since you can't make that much money very quickly parting out an 86 MR2.

stevo 27
04-05-2007, 10:06 AM
if i see it ill be sure to smash some skulls
if my car got jacked someone would die
sorry to hear that man
good luck
like i said if i see it do all i can :(

Protham
04-05-2007, 02:57 PM
just saw this article in the paper... says police found alot of chopped up cars..maybe check with them see if you can get any records..

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2007/04/05/3924328-sun.html

sorry to hear bout this btw, hope u find the car

Jeff Lange
04-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Protham
just saw this article in the paper... says police found alot of chopped up cars..maybe check with them see if you can get any records..

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2007/04/05/3924328-sun.html

sorry to hear bout this btw, hope u find the car

Yeah I read that in the Sun at work yesterday, it doesn't seem like the type of car that would be targeted for this type of thing, but who knows right? :(

SR240SX
04-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Holy...thats what like..6 stolen cars posted on beyond in the last month or 2...this one is close to my area too..time to park in the garage for a while:drama: . Well hopefully your friend gets it back in 1 peice..looks like a nice little ride!

jsn
04-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Sorry to hear man... Thats a really nice deuce. I'll keep an eye out.

blueToy
04-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX
Holy...thats what like..6 stolen cars posted on beyond in the last month or 2...this one is close to my area too..time to park in the garage for a while:drama: . Well hopefully your friend gets it back in 1 peice..looks like a nice little ride!

FYI , there are about 16 cars A DAY stolen in Alberta last year ( well , 2005 ) . That would probably be about 6-8 cars a day in Calgary .
http://www6.autonet.ca/Insurance/story.cfm?story=/Insurance/2006/11/24/2487916.html

Oh , and NOWHERE is safe . Lock your shiat up , or garage it if possible . Tons of desperate and fawked up people constantly on the prowl in every city nowadays .
Look at this very site for all the hostilities and hate ( emotionally unbalanced or disturbed , lol ) . One second they are just walking down the street all fine until they see something they want and they just react without ever thinking about the consequences are repercussions .

Check this out also :

http://solgen.gov.ab.ca/crime_prev/downloads/planning_guide_2005/3_prevent_vehicle_theft.pdf

Anymore info on the MR2 ? Updates , etc .

jdmXSI
04-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Ill keep an eye out as well, hopefully he gets his car back!

Jeff Lange
04-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Not much to say, nobody has seen it, haven't heard anything at all in fact. Basically, both myself and friend have been keeping an eye out for the car, but haven't seen or heard anything.

It was reported to the insurance company and the Police the day it was stolen, and the insurance company has given 10 days to recover the car, then they will make him an offer. I don't expect the first offer to be much at all, even after all the negotiating, I don't expect it to be much.

He'd much rather get the car back than get money, it's worth a lot more to him than the money he could get from insurance. (As are most cars on this site I reckon).

Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled guys, I hope someone finds something! :)

GenerationX
04-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I live in MacEwan, seen this car drive by before. very nice card,sad to hear, but i will keep an eye out for it!

Jeff Lange
04-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Someone spotted the car on another website in the NE, turning from McKnight onto 52nd Avenue then into the Falconridge McDonald's.

So I'm thinking the car is probably in the NE somewhere.

That's about the only update I have right now. :(

Thanks again.

Ashkente
04-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Man, it's a damn shame. MkI's in nice shape are damn hard to find in Canada. Hopefully it is recovered in good shape. :( Insurance's book prices are a frigging joke. :thumbsdow :bullshit:

*ignition*
04-08-2007, 02:57 AM
I will keep an eye out for it.
Sorry for the loss man. Hope you can get you hands on it pretty soon here and smash those punks heads in.

Jeff Lange
04-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the support, went driving around last night, didn't spot it.

Jeff Lange
04-08-2007, 04:41 PM
CAR RECOVERED!

CPS found the car this morning. I'm just heading out to go pick it up with my buddy right now.

Thanks again guys. :)

sara.macdougall
04-08-2007, 04:51 PM
wow. how wonderful!!!

what good news. i am so happy for you. i hope good things for our car too.

GOnSHO
04-08-2007, 04:59 PM
let us know what kinda shape you found it in..

Jeff Lange
04-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Car is in overall decent shape, they didn't really mess anything up that bad. They smoked a bunch of cigarettes and burned the passenger seat a bit. A bunch of garbage on the floor and his CD's were stolen.

The also ran it out of gas and probably tried to start it a bunch of times because the battery was dead too.

They also kinda broke the ash tray, but they didn't take the tools in the trunk and they left some cassette tapes in the car (WTF?).

Haha, I think he's just glad to have the car back.

Annoyingrob
04-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Get the DNA from the cigarette butts ;) CSI FTW.