PDA

View Full Version : Need passport...any professionals?

szw
06-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Not sure of the entire list, but any doctors or engineers or someone capable of signing passports want to sign mine?

I need to apply today and don't really know who to bring it to.

Thanks

Shaolin
06-04-2003, 01:21 PM
you don't have a family doctor?

B17a
06-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by szw
Not sure of the entire list, but any doctors or engineers or someone capable of signing passports want to sign mine?

I need to apply today and don't really know who to bring it to.

Thanks

One word of caution, they seem to really be cracking down since all these phony Cdn passports seem to be turning up with terroritst! They even ask for references who have known you for 10 years now! I was one for my buddy but they didn't call me. So just make sure whoever signs and/or is your reference actually knows you.

szw
06-04-2003, 01:28 PM
no i don't have a family doctor

can a relative (aunt) sign?

szw
06-04-2003, 01:30 PM
And all the engineers I know worked at a place that closed down, who knows where they are.

I'll find out if university profs (engg) are allowed and maybe i'll beg my professors!

Shaolin
06-04-2003, 01:40 PM
I just got my passport last week, but i my guarantor was my family doctor.. any professional that works within an institution I think can be classified as a guarantor, like someone that have some sort of special distinction such as Lawyers, doctors, accountants whatever.. do a search on google for passports in canada, or goto their main site, and look for Guarantor, they'll probably have a list of eligible guarantors for you.

GTS Jeff
06-04-2003, 01:53 PM
hey sean...if you cant find a gaurantor who has known u for 3 years, there is a separate form for u to fill out. however, it does take longer for the passport application if u need to use that form.

FiveFreshFish
06-04-2003, 11:01 PM
The guarantor has to have known the applicant for at least two years.

A relative CAN sign for you, as long as they qualified to do so. I just signed my sister's passport less than 6 months ago, so I'm pretty sure it hasn't changed since then.

ryder_23
06-04-2003, 11:37 PM
My school principal signs passports, if your just looking for a professional signature or whatever, like judges due and stuff..even my mom can legally sign them.

FiveFreshFish
06-04-2003, 11:41 PM
Here's the application form in PDF. All the info you need is contained within.

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/online_forms/pdfs/ppt044.pdf

szw
06-04-2003, 11:52 PM
Yeah I got my form and the list today thanks.

I got a walk-in-doctor to sign it because I have a chart with her, even though I haven't been to see her for like 8 years.