PDA

View Full Version : About to build up the Accord need advice

Rowdy
04-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Well my beater car died a couple of months ago.....and its been just sitting there. So I have finally decide I am going to make a little project of it and give myself something fun to drive to work. Its a 91 Acoord EXR Wagon. I have already had to do things like new brakes, exhaust, radiator, gas tank. I have 17" ADR rims that I use in the summer and an extra set of snow tires on the original rims. Now the engine needs a rebuild, and the 4th gear syncro is a problem. But I like it cause its a decent looking ride with the rims on. It doesn't cost me anything(its long ago paid for). I can haul the kids and their crap, and the dog. Chuck my tools in it and not worry about little scrathes and such. I have a Passat 4 Motion as the main car so this is my to and from work beater.

I talked to JDM source about a H22 swap. $3300. Who has done this and how did you like the after? Is JDM source negotiable on the price? Anyone have an opinion on their customer service and quality of their engines? I figured the spending $3000 for more power, a better tranny, and they said the A/C will work. (it does already so it better after) Is money better spent than buying another car. After that I am thinking new springs and shocks (eibach pro kit and konis). Has anyone got any thoughts on good suspension setups for a CB accord? I can't drop it to low thats why I am looking at Pro Kit. And I want better handling and quailty ride, not a go kart like suspension. Down the road I might look at a repaint.

Last question has anyone tried the products from B-Quiet.com? Before I install the stero system I was going to try to quiet it down.

Any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated. I figure I can't have a more useful and fun sleeper for under $4500.00

stevo 27
04-05-2007, 06:38 AM
jdm source is awsome really good guys saved me from spending money i didnt need to a few times
and the previous owner bought the jdm 3sgte from them
and its running like a champ

:thumbsup: for jdm source

iblizzard
04-05-2007, 06:56 AM
H22A swap into a 4th gen accord is awesome.
I had mine done by JDM Source November of 2005 and it's been fantastic ever since. I haven't had any problems at all with it up until right now where I need to replace the speed sensor, but that has nothing to do with the swap at all.

Dealing was JDM Source was a breeze. By far one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. The swap was done very quickly as well.

If you do end up doing the swap, most people recommend to buy new parts from Honda to put an H23 manual tensioner on instead of the auto tensioner (which notoriously has problems). I think the parts from Honda cost me about $150 extra or so, but worth it for prevention.

Check out CB7Tuner.com (http://www.cb7tuner.com) for tons of info on the 4th gen accord. Lots of information on H22A swaps, suspension, exhaust, everything.

The swap was by far the best thing I've done for my car.

Hope you decide to go with it. I love the look of CB9s, especially when they're done up well.

Rowdy
04-06-2007, 03:15 PM
I am looking forward to this swap. The power increase should be "very nice". And no one expects an H22 in a wagon. Anyone had much success negotiating with JDMSource?