PDA

View Full Version : Compustar Alarm Install Questions

j0nblayz
04-05-2007, 09:52 AM
hey guys, just got few questions regarding a compustar alarm install, just bought the compustar pro fm.

1. What is the 2nd ignition wire for? i know that my 94 e36 has a 2nd ignition wire (pur/wht or purple) is in the ignition harness, but what is it for, should i hook it up?

2. Which wire on the CN3 on the compustar is the Aux 1 output and Aux 2 output? i only see 2nd accessory wire on the compustar that might be an aux output.

3. Also what is 2nd starter wire for?

please help!!! thanx

j0nblayz
04-05-2007, 11:49 AM
actually reading more on the net, does 94 325i even have a 2nd ignition wire? one site says pur/wht or purple is the 2nd ignition wire, and another site says pur/wht is the accessory. Does anyone know what actually is the purple/white wire?

derek123
04-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Understanding concepts such as second ignition, and being able to test for them, are pretty basic when it comes to installing a car starter.

You should really get a pro to do it for you, if you are unsure.

Unless your car is worth less than the cost of install, that is

j0nblayz
04-05-2007, 12:05 PM
nah i can install alarms/starters fine. I just wanted to get more details as what the wire is actually for, not hard to test if its ign or acc using a test light and seeing when its hot. But i just wanted to know what does acc or ign actually does. Im just at work so i can't test the wires, so i was hoping someone knew the answer.