PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Accident on Nose Hill Drive

kenny
07-23-2002, 04:46 AM
Ouch... hate to hear stuff like this, just another reminder for everyone to slow down, especially guys on bikes!

From Citybeat:

--snip---

Last night at 11:22 PM Calgary EMS responded with CPS and CFD
to a motor vehicle crash at Nosehill Drive and Silver Springs
BV NW.

Paramedics arrived and found a motorcycle had collided with a
car. The motorbike was on fire and the male occupant was
critically injured and thrown from the collision.

Paramedics attempted Advanced Life Support procedures and
transported the 40 year old male to Foothills Trauma Center.
Despite resuscitative attempts the patient was pronounced
dead shortly after his arrival at hospital.

celica girl
07-23-2002, 08:08 AM
Yeah... I heard that on the radio this morning... it's so shitty....

B17a
07-23-2002, 08:41 AM
I also heard he was drunk. If so, he has zero sympathy from me!:thumbsdow

Fat Dave
07-23-2002, 08:56 AM
I heard "alcohol may have been a factor", but didn't hear if they were talking about the motorcyclist or the driver of the car - what did you hear?

B17a
07-23-2002, 09:38 AM
If the motorcyclist rear-ended the car or SUV, then I would presume he was too drunk to see that traffic had stopped or reacted to late. IT happened on 9th ave downtown last summer. Same thing, a couple of yahoos got loaded at Cowboys in the middle of the day, got on a bike (2 of them) and rammed into the back of a Suburban that was stopped in traffic and killed themselves.:banghead:

LUDELVR
07-23-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by celica girl
Yeah... I heard that on the radio this morning... it's so shitty....

You obviously didn't hear it on the new 96.9 radio station.....no freaking d.j.'s!! haha., but a shitload of swollen members and eminem!!! haha

RiceCake
07-23-2002, 11:16 AM
If the bike slammed into the back of the vehicle most likely the guy was drunk and yeah...:thumbsdow

And Kiss FM has only been on the air for less than a week and I already can't stand it. Seems as though they only have 1 cd that they have on auto repeat :banghead: :banghead:

Davan
07-23-2002, 11:55 AM
I'm sure it will get better once they hire some live DJ's to spin the tunes. :)

D'z Nutz
07-23-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Davan
I'm sure it will get better once they hire some live DJ's to spin the tunes. :)

I heard they're just doing a trial run right not to see how the response on the new station is (which is why there's limited music, no commercials, no djs'). They'll definitely get some better music once they get some advertisements up.

MrX
07-23-2002, 06:59 PM
The bike was coming up nosehill dr towards arbourlake when it hit right at the intersection at the Silversprings PHO place. It collided with the car as the car was making a left turn at the lights into the plaza. The bike spun the car right around and completely took out the C-pillar and the side rear door of the car.

How do i know so much....i was there about 10 minutes after the accident happened. I was heading up to rage's house and passed by that intersection. I stopped and took a look and the guy (motorcyclist) was being put into the ambulance at the time. Talked to the first guy on the scene and he says that the cyclist was basically laying there motionless with blood coming out of his ears and mouth. His body was all fucked and he could see a bone sticking out of the guy's wrist. When I saw the bike it was a mangled piled of smoking metal and rubber...not a pleasant site at all.

rage2
07-23-2002, 07:14 PM
The motorcycle guy died. The driver of the car's being charged with drunk driving causing death.

Ben
07-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by rage2
The motorcycle guy died. The driver of the car's being charged with drunk driving causing death.

Ouch, thats rough, Prayers for the family, and bad news for the driver

Evan
07-23-2002, 10:27 PM
RIP Motorcycle Driver

B17a
07-24-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by rage2

My apologies to the motorcycle driver for my previous assumption, that asshole car driver should get eye for an eye punishment!

G
07-24-2002, 11:06 AM
What makes it even sadder was the his wife died with cancer last year. He has two sons that are orphans now. :(

Two teenage boys who doted on their father after their mother died recently, have been tragically orphaned after a suspected drunk driver killed their dad in a motorcycle crash.

Grieving family members of motorcyclist Steven Rutledge say his two sons, Jesse, 13, and Shane, 14, relied heavily on their father after their mom died last year.

Rutledge and his sons were making last-minute preparations for a camping vacation in the interior of B.C. which they were about to enjoy.

"Steve just lived for his kids. He was a strong family man," said his sister-in-law, Jinette Boulet.

After Steve's wife, Rachelle, died last year, the two boys were thrown closer to their father.

"My sister died last year of cancer, and since then the boys have relied on their father, and he has relied on them," said Boulet.

"He was such a caring and giving person, he has always been there for whoever needed him."

Rutledge, 40, who was a journeyman mechanic at the Canadian Tire store at Richmond Rd. S.W., came from a large family, with five brothers and sisters.

"There is a great deal of family support for the boys," said Boulet.

She said now wasn't the time to reflect on the involvement of a suspected drunk driver in the crash that killed her brother-in-law.

"We are going to devote our whole time to caring for and supporting the boys. That's our top priority right now," said Boulet.

VALUED EMPLOYEE

At the Canadian Tire store where he had worked for 12 years, Rutledge was a valued employee.

"He was popular with the staff, well-liked, and he would help anyone who needed it," said service manager Phil Rose.

"After his wife died, he was very close to his boys, they were very close-knit.

"They were about to go off camping into the interior of B.C. for a week."

In the fiery collision at 11:22 p.m. Monday, Rutledge was driving his motorcycle north on Nosehill Dr. N.W. when police say a southbound car attempted to turn left onto Silver Springs Blvd.

FATAL INJURIES

the collision, the motorcycle burst into flames and Rutledge was thrown clear, suffering injuries from which he later died in Foothills Hospital.

"The driver of the southbound vehicle, David Sundermann, 20, of Calgary, was charged with impaired driving causing death and refusing to provide a breath sample," said Insp. Brooke Bishop.

G
07-24-2002, 11:07 AM
This sucks! One dead 14 year old girl and 3 traffic tickets to show for it.

Date: Wed Jul 24 00:22:39 2002
Subject: DI #2002-182 - Drivers Charged

-----BEGIN MD5 -----------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------

CALGARY POLICE SERVICE MEDIA RELEASE

Further to the fatal traffic collision on July 15th, 2002 on
3900 block of Memorial Dr SE

The Calgary Police Service Traffic Section has laid charges
in relation to the fatal traffic collision that occurred on
July 15th, 2002 in the 3900 block of Memorial Dr SE, that
claimed the life of Jeanette HUYNH, 14yrs old.

Gloria REYNOSO, 38years old, of Calgary, has been charged
with failing to stop for a yellow light and making an unsafe
left turn.

Abdallah AL-ASADI, 28years old, also of Calgary, has been
charged with failing to stop for a yellow light.

Both drivers will appear in Traffic Court on September 20th,

D'z Nutz
07-24-2002, 11:30 AM
That's really sad. This year (particularily the summer) hasn't been very good as far as car accidents involving fatalities. I hope the drunk driver gets hung :guns: :guns: :thumbsdow

RCBVtec
07-24-2002, 02:09 PM
Those poor kids... that really pisses me off... :madred:

lammer
07-24-2002, 03:05 PM
sad..:( for both of the stories.