PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Ricer Cars

emerge
04-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Ricer: An oriental car with no engine mods, a body kit, and possibly stickers. Made to look fast. (http://blog.tooreal.net/articles/ricercars/)

HAHA: "Beware of the non-painted loose body kit parts that may fly off at you in traffic."

Tik-Tok
04-05-2007, 12:44 PM
The rear spoiler is a way for homosexuals to show that they are looking. It all started in Japan where its still somewhat taboo to be gay, Japanese boys who were out looking for boys would put large spoilers on there cars similar to the way a male peacock spreads its feathers. When the fad came to North America it was very popular in the american mid west where homosexuality is still taboo and spread from there. Whenever you see one of these over sized spoilers realize that this is nothing more then a flag for boys who are looking for boys

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A790
04-05-2007, 12:54 PM
More linkbait...

boxer23
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I think j-bodies should also be up there:D :D

HuyNh_SI
04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
:drool: I CAN"T WAIT FOR A BODY KIT TO COME OUT FOR MY CIVIC

hjr
04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
i agree with their list. well developed

ninjak84
04-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Haha :rofl:
Swap the Lancer with J-bodies and it's a perfect list.

http://uploads.tooreal.net/pictures/ricercivic.jpg

Who the fuck would ever drive something like that?

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Hahaha that was awesome... I think I need some Type-R and Rallyart badging for my civic :rofl:

Mangina
04-05-2007, 02:20 PM
240 should be up there

ercchry
04-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Mangina
240 should be up there

why is that? almost every 240 i see now has a sr20 in it and coilovers, so yeah umm that is performance oriented not rice, or has the term changed lately?

JordanAndrew
04-05-2007, 02:30 PM
haha woo, at least my Prelude isn't at the top 5.. maybe top 10 or 20 for sure.

A3GTiVR6SC
04-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

why is that? almost every 240 i see now has a sr20 in it and coilovers, so yeah umm that is performance oriented not rice, or has the term changed lately?

i dunno about you but there are only a few examples of tastefully done 240's around here...:dunno: most are RICE even if they have the swap!

if you still have half-painted dorifto kit with huge alluminum spoiler along with your sr20 swap, this does not exclude you from the list... you are still a ricer.

sr20 swap is easily affordable for your average HS student.;)

vietdood
04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
lol before i scrolled down to number 1 i already knew it was going to be honda civic

rony_espana
04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
:rofl: :rofl: thats hilarious!

Synne
04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC

i dunno about you but there are only a few examples of tastefully done 240's around here...:dunno: most are RICE even if they have the swap!

if you still have half-painted dorifto kit with huge alluminum spoiler along with your sr20 swap, this does not exclude you from the list... you are still a ricer.

sr20 swap is easily affordable for your average HS student.;)

I disagree with you completely...

...I've yet to see a 240sx in Calgary that could be called rice.

Most all them look either stock with performance upgrades...or have performance upgrades and body kits.

The Mitsubishi Lancer fake Evo's are my biggest aggrivation.

Get a bloody STi....cuz the whole car community that knows it's a fake Evo is laughing at you.

avow
04-05-2007, 03:25 PM

your just pissed because your car made #3... lol i was actually quite surprised to be honest. i see tons of eclipse riced out but not talons... ~misses talon~

ercchry
04-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Synne

damn straight, here are a few examples of alberta s13's

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/drifter619/IMG_0330.jpg

http://northwestnissans.com/photopost/data/500/1021sil80_new-med.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2820/robsilvia063yk2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/travypoo/Picture062.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5205/dsportcalgaryebrakeby8.jpg

shall i go on?

Redlyne_mr2
04-05-2007, 03:44 PM

Most all them look either stock with performance upgrades...or have performance upgrades and body kits.

Get a bloody STi....cuz the whole car community that knows it's a fake Evo is laughing at you.
Oh man..there are a few out there. Some of the ones that were modded before the drift/sr20/silvia phase. They're sporting KA engines with custom intakes and FX design invader bodykits.

emerge
04-05-2007, 03:50 PM
There are a few riced out examples of almost every model of car. With the 240 though, most modded ones have a lot of go parts, and not so many show parts. At least around here.

03ozwhip
04-05-2007, 03:53 PM
man, i had a Lancer that was done up very clean, and was definitely slow as hell, but i didnt know i was a ricer... :(

http://gallery.mitsunation.net/main.php?g2_itemId=19401

is that rice?

ercchry
04-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
man, i had a Lancer that was done up very clean, and was definitely slow as hell, but i didnt know i was a ricer... :(

http://gallery.mitsunation.net/main.php?g2_itemId=19401

is that rice?

pics have to end in .jpg or .gif for some reason that site will not let you do it :dunno:

03ozwhip
04-05-2007, 04:14 PM
you get the picture though. it didnt work like i hoped but in a way it did. is it rice? i never thought of it as being rice?

JamesV888
04-05-2007, 04:20 PM

I had one last year racing me from canmore coming back to calgary. He was stopped by highway patrol doing 180KM.

I know cause I was behind him far away doing 130KM.

403Gemini
04-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I ran into a red one with a giant wing and it looked like buddy spray painted his hood black.

Theres rice s13 and s14's.... theres rice everything.

Tho you have to admit, rice, in the last 5 years, has gone down substantially.

QuasarCav
04-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I ran into a red one with a giant wing and it looked like buddy spray painted his hood black.

Theres rice s13 and s14's.... theres rice everything.

Tho you have to admit, rice, in the last 5 years, has gone down substantially.

I disagree. All of the kids that would have bought civics are now buying the cheaper E36's and ricing those up. I've seen tonnes of early 90's 320s and 325s with euro lights and fart cans. It's really quite disgusting.

403Gemini
04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

I disagree. All of the kids that would have bought civics are now buying the cheaper E36's and ricing those up. I've seen tonnes of early 90's 320s and 325s with euro lights and fart cans. It's really quite disgusting.

Tis true, maybe flavor has changed amoungst the kids? lol

kylemitz
04-05-2007, 04:52 PM
i like how the definition is an oriental car that is imported or something... yet they have Eagle Talon on the list? Whoever made this isnt the smartest person in the world thats for sure... Im glad mines the AWD Turbo version though. And i like how whoever said that the other person with the second gen talon is just jealous cause their car made number 3 is a complete moron. Cause his talon is a awd turbo as well.... so take off ya hoser! hahahah

emerge
04-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by kylemitz
i like how the definition is an oriental car that is imported or something... yet they have Eagle Talon on the list? Whoever made this isnt the smartest person in the world thats for sure... Im glad mines the AWD Turbo version though. And i like how whoever said that the other person with the second gen talon is just jealous cause their car made number 3 is a complete moron. Cause his talon is a awd turbo as well.... so take off ya hoser! hahahah

The Talon is a DSM product...

tentacles
04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
and where are DSMs made? :dunno:

euro_racer
04-05-2007, 05:41 PM
ralliart lancers are not that bad of a car. my friend has one and the thing actually pulls for what it is (single cam mivec engine)...all he has is an intake and a pulley. He would beat my h22 prelude, spec v sentra, and a vw 24v vr6 gti and he keeps up in not beats most stock and lightly modded B series hondas. the only money that he spent in the looks of the car are a set of 17 inch rims and lowering the car....rice? :nut:

i do not completely agree with that list. i don't see too many lancers on the road around here anyway so i don't know how they could get #2 on that list considering there arent that many of them around :dunno: ...im suprised that j-body is not on that list

eather way, i personally think "rice" has died off over the years and the new "rice" is the so called "fad cars" which may not be a bad thing considering most of them are the JDM cars with plenty performance mods aswell. IMO the only cars that you see that are rice thease days are mostly cars that have made it from the old times somehow without being put out or re-designed (ofcourse there are some exeptions where the owner needs a reality check haha)

Crymson
04-05-2007, 05:49 PM
i have an 05 ralliart, it's fucking slow.

TomcoPDR
04-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Ha ha, reminded me of the www.riceboypage.com days

alloroc
04-05-2007, 06:54 PM
I would like to state for the record that for every 2500 riced out cars on this list, there is a true enthusiast with something special. Unfortunately they are hard to spot because of the non- projector HID conversions that blind you, on most of the ricer cars on the road.

Classic!

Disoblige
04-05-2007, 07:28 PM
What about that 240 Xzibit "pimped" up? That was horrid.

http://www.xzibitcentral.com/pimp_my_ride/episode_022.php

.. "Engine dress up kit" .. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ercchry
04-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
What about that 240 Xzibit "pimped" up? That was horrid.

http://www.xzibitcentral.com/pimp_my_ride/episode_022.php

.. "Engine dress up kit" .. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

yeah but have you seen it after the owner got it back and fixed it?

Synne
04-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh god believe me I know that 240sx's can go rice like crazzzzyyyy...all I'm saying is for the amount of 240's Ive seen in Calgary, there are very very very few riced out ones.

That green Evo is not rice in my opinion, becuz it is nicely done and mainly becuz it doesnt have the Evo dressings that lots in Calgary do pretending to be Evo's.

I've even seen a ricey GT-R in Calgary...made me cry.

I'm surprised Preludes arent on that list, but again...most preludes in Calgary I've seen are very tastefully done... I'm impressed.

funkedelic
04-05-2007, 07:39 PM
oh god i hope e36's don't turn into the new civics. I agree that there are a LOT of 240/silvia ricer cars. Its not even so much that their "ricey".. but ive seen SooOOoO many of them that are just so hack! Body kits falling off, dents, huge scratches, rust.. ect. I think like 80% of all imported cars from Japan in southern alberta are complete shit..

ercchry
04-05-2007, 07:41 PM
^^ or its because they are not show queens and are driven, all the money is in the engine so its anti-rice not rice at all but thanks for that

Synne
04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
^^ or its because they are not show queens and are driven, all the money is in the engine so its anti-rice not rice at all but thanks for that

Exactly...I know of a few 240sx's with easily 10K under the hoods...sporting rust like there is no tomorrow at that too.

A3GTiVR6SC
04-05-2007, 08:30 PM

:werd:

Originally posted by avow

your just pissed because your car made #3... lol i was actually quite surprised to be honest. i see tons of eclipse riced out but not talons... ~misses talon~

yea, i'm steaming mad right now. LOL :rolleyes: to bad mine isn't non turbo, non awd like it says on that page in brackets. reading >you.

The DSM plant was in Illinois, Normal USA... so its actually an American. ;)

The only thing in my car that is Japanese is the engine.. If you think the 4G63T is rice, you are retarded.

damn straight, here are a few examples of alberta s13's
shall i go on?

no need to go on, just like i said before...
There are nice examples of 240's (autodream) but majority of them i see are rice.:thumbsup:

emerge
04-05-2007, 08:57 PM

The DSM plant was actually in Illinois, USA... so its actually an American. ;)

The only thing in my car that is Japanese is the engine.. If you think the 4G63T is rice, you are retarded.

I believe the design is of Japanse (mitsu) origin, and DSM continued long after Chrysler/Eagle pulled out, so I maintain that DSM cars are Japanese... that being said, the Talon TSi is an awesome car, and the 4G63 an equally awesome engine.

A3GTiVR6SC
04-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by emerge

I believe the design is of Japanse (mitsu) origin, and DSM continued long after Chrysler/Eagle pulled out, so I maintain that DSM cars are Japanese... that being said, the Talon TSi is an awesome car, and the 4G63 an equally awesome engine.

72% of the parts for the Mitsubishi Eclipse and Eagle Talon came from the US or Canada. 25% from Japan, and 3% from somewhere that is not mentioned.

The engine and tranny are Japanese though, so really you have an import motor in an American car.

"Domestic Import"

at the track they might be considered import though.

JNeil
04-05-2007, 10:38 PM
J-bodies need to be on there, and recently I've seen a large amount of riced Dodge stealths (not twin turbo)...

jsn
04-05-2007, 10:58 PM
"If you are lucky enough you may bump into a Mugen Type-R VTEC supercharged turbo"

Thats good haha:rofl:

I also think they should replace the lancer with J bodies. I've seen so many Sunfires with the infamous dual spoilers :barf:. I haven't seen too many riced lancers around Calgary (although the OZ could be considered factory rice :rofl: ) but this may be because i don't notice them at all lol

240s CAN be rice and i've seen a few that could definitely use some de-ricing, but considering how many there are out there, There aren't that many that are considered rice. Like mentioned before... most 240 owners put on a tasteful Kit at most, and mostly engine mods:thumbsup:

stevo 27
04-05-2007, 11:18 PM

yeaaa everytime i think of fixin the rust or gettin some leather
back on my now foam seats i spend all my dough on something
to make my car faster (mainly to kick my buddys ass goes back and forth i do something to beat him hell do something to beat me) :burnout:

funkedelic
04-05-2007, 11:22 PM

that wasnt a shot at you or your car specifically. Just because you drive a 240..

Its true though, there are way too many ratty imported cars driving around. I guess if all you care about is performance, then its not really a huge deal what your car looks like. To each his own, but my car isn't a show queen either, i drive it around all the time

e36bmw///
04-05-2007, 11:58 PM
nm

krookid
05-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Here is one. It is from Edmonton. Has the nice chrome side panels, and the sweet wing.

Euro_Trash
05-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic
oh god i hope e36's don't turn into the new civics. I agree that there are a LOT of 240/silvia ricer cars. Its not even so much that their "ricey".. but ive seen SooOOoO many of them that are just so hack! Body kits falling off, dents, huge scratches, rust.. ect. I think like 80% of all imported cars from Japan in southern alberta are complete shit..

Didn't you know, thats the "drift" style :rolleyes:

Daan
06-18-2007, 07:20 PM
seen him plowing snow on deerfoot

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2820/robsilvia063yk2.jpg

Ekliptix
06-18-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm sure my car's in the top 5 redneck list, but it gets the job done. :D

schurchill39
06-19-2007, 04:20 PM
You have a Z-06 Vette? Motherfucker they have VTEC

Funniest quote of that whole article!!!

403Gemini
06-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Honestly I'd rather see a "ricer" who takes care of his car, and has a body kit that fits his car nicely than a bagged to shit s13 with a sr20 swap. IMO i give more props to the guy looking after his car than a kid throwing a engine swap and thinking he drives a high performance vehicle.

Thats just my 2 cents. I sorta miss the "rice" ... granted not the full out extreme body kits with the retardo wings... but since the fad has switched to "JDM" its harder to point out performance go-er's and car crowd fans on the street.

DonJuan
06-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Exactly...I know of a few 240sx's with easily 10K under the hoods...sporting rust like there is no tomorrow at that too.

Great Why not tell everyone!

I have yet to see a riced out S14, most look completely stock.

Stuff that should be on that list, Mazda MX3 or the Protegay.
And I dunno how you can't have J-body's on that list, I cant tell you the last time I saw an unriced out Crapalier.

I live down the street from one of each of those listed above, and if either of my cars are parked outside when they drive by, douchebaggery comences. :thumbsdow

DonJuan
06-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I'm sure my car's in the top 5 redneck list, but it gets the job done. :D

The top 5
Regular Pickup
Diesel Pickup
Trans AM
Camaro
Mustang

There was a time when the cars were higher but truck became more popular, and hootin' n hollerin' went out of style.

:D

bulaian
06-20-2007, 10:24 AM
http://www.xzibitcentral.com/images/pimp_my_ride/pimp_my_ride_044.jpg

oh god.... :thumbsdow

oz388
06-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I think "Rice" means dress up a car without boost up engine?
I feel nothing wrong with being "rice" and I feel sorry for those who can not enjoy it... since:

1. Mod engine = Warranty Expiration...I won't be stupid enough to do that on my newly purchased car.

2. Who really does racing??? Sure you can spend $5000 to boost up your car to 500HP...however you will be driving <<100km/h most of the time. And real racing is more about the driving skills!

3. Customize the appearance of the car is really a fun thing to do. I always enjoy watching those non-stock looking cars on the street. My favorite are those Lancers with EVO body-kit and a large wing, at least they got the best looking...:bigpimp:

Ofcourse I also hate few type thing, such as a pick-up truck with a big wing and carbon hood...wtf?!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last, I can not live without eating RICE! :clap:

Greeno85
06-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by kylemitz

I'd like to apologize on behalf of the DSM community for this guy, we're not all ignorant hacks that don't know the origins of the design and construction of our cars. And the non-turbo DSMs definately deserve to be on that list, nothing makes me sadder than seeing a Talon with a shiny paint job, some rims and a wing, only to get closer and spot the dreaded ESi:barf:

FatBalla
06-29-2007, 02:41 AM
I honestly can say ive never seen a riced 240. I know many people who own 240's and are concentrated on performance upgrades not looks unlike your average honda driver.

Q-TIP
06-29-2007, 03:10 AM
To be honest, I think the Honda badge just inspires the ricer in all of us...even my car was ricey for a while. I do think though that a car should have at least a little money put into maintaining its outward appearance.

I do agree with everyone on here though, the J-body is the most riced car conceived by man, followed closely by the Neon (non-SRT4).

Darkstar13
06-29-2007, 04:33 AM
MMMMM rice, rice can be good if it is cooked properly, but then again what is proper? People have different preferences to how they eat their rice, plain steamed, soft, firm, fried , porridge style, jasmine, basmatti, uncle ben's(blah), wholegrain, wild, brown........
Why do we have to hate on what kind of rice the next person prefers, are they making you eat their rice? Probably not, personally I like most kinds of rice and potatoes. So everyone out there.. You know what kind of rice u is like don't let nobody tell u your rice is no good. juts tell dem to FUT OFF PLICK!!!!!
:D :D