PDA

View Full Version : Help With Birthday Present Idea

KenP
04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
So my girlfriend just purchased a 2003 MazdaSpeed 3 *in the orange color*, and she absolutley loves this car. She has alot of fun driving it and has shown interest in aftermarket parts. Her birthday is coming up quickly, so here is my question.
Do you think me buying her aftermarket parts would be a good present? Any input is welcome!

I was just thinking the basics i.e. turbo back exhaust, c.a.i., and maybe a boost controller and some gauges *boost, pyro, air fuel*.

If this is a repost I apologize and mods you can just close this thread.

A790
04-05-2007, 07:53 PM
WORST. PRESENT. EVER.

Three things you never get for your girlfriend:

1) Appliances.
2) Car accessories.
3) A TV.

You'e better off to get her something more personable and let her get the aftermarket stuff on her own.

Sharpie
04-05-2007, 07:56 PM
It depends if she is into that stuff then sure. If not then dont bother.

R!zz0
04-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by A790
WORST. PRESENT. EVER.

1) Appliances.
2) Car accessories.
3) A TV.

You'e better off to get her something more personable and let her get the aftermarket stuff on her own.

:werd:

How much are you willing to spend?

Take her to the flames game if you can get the tickets or Russell Peters concert in june.

l8braker
04-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Screw them all...

Dick in a box.

R!zz0
04-05-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
Screw them all...

Dick in a box.

Somehow i had a feeling that was coming.

KenP
04-05-2007, 08:04 PM
If I got her a house hold appliance she would kick me square in the nutzzz.
How about driving lessons, does Race City offer any type of driving lessons?

KenP
04-05-2007, 08:05 PM
She has a huge ass T.V already, and owns her own house and everything in it..

gts_gurl
04-05-2007, 08:16 PM
I would be thrilled to get performance mods for my b-day, and I'm a total girlie girl.... love my LV, Prada, Coach ect..

It depends on what kind of things she's into. You know her better than anybody on the board, so if you think she'll like it go for it!

It's be a nice change, and unique gift... different from the boring bath stuff, dinners, flowers, purses ect.. you get my drift!

Hope this helps!

:thumbsup:

Eleanor
04-05-2007, 08:38 PM
If it is indeed a Speed3 then it wouldn't be orange and it wouldn't be a 2003. If it's a regular Mazda3 then don't do it at all. But if it's a speed, then I say go for it and do the install together. If she bought a car like that then she's obviously an enthusiast.

JAYMEZ
04-05-2007, 08:39 PM
DONT BUY CAR STUFF!!!

Buy something she can use and appreciate!! (Think what she WANTS for her girl needs)

Concert is a wicked idea. Or Bracelet , dinner , and flames game , or somethin like that

Spatz
04-05-2007, 08:42 PM
buy her an ipod

KenP
04-05-2007, 08:47 PM
She has an Ipod or I would get her one for sure! I don't know anyone that doesn't own an Ipod!

Maybe a weeked in Banff I can send her to a day spa and I will go golfing then a little stop at the LV shop?

Seems rather basic though..

Anyone know anything about driving classes at Race City?

dino_martini
04-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by KenP
Anyone know anything about driving classes at Race City?

Google is your friend, here is one I found by just typing in - Calgary High Performance Driving Schools:

http://www.corvetteracingadventures.com/

They have a school in Calgary, you get to drive c5 Corvette's

KenP
04-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Who needs to google when I have the great members of beyond.ca to help me! :)

Thank you!:thumbsup:

Anton
04-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I don't own an iPod :dunno:

My advice to you is get her a present that's not car related and then some inexpensive car mod and see how she reacts. That way you know for next time and it's always nice to get more than just one present.

max_boost
04-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by gts_gurl
Iand I'm a total girlie girl.... love my LV, Prada, Coach ect..

What ever girl wants deep down inside lol

DRKM
04-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
DONT BUY CAR STUFF!!!

Buy something she can use and appreciate!! (Think what she WANTS for her girl needs)

Concert is a wicked idea. Or Bracelet , dinner , and flames game , or somethin like that

If she bought a car with the intentions of going 'fast' she will obviously appreciate some parts to make the car 'faster'. Sounds like those are her 'girl' needs.

Kenp don't listen to these guys. 'Girl stuff' ??? Please. If she is an enthusiast than driving school would be tons of fun for her (think you now have an excuse to do it too, Quailty time together) so would a faster car. I am sure that she would apprechaite both of those things.

There are nothing wrong with the gifts you listed.

gts_gurl
04-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
What ever girl wants deep down inside lol

lol.... true.... BUT, it's always nice to get something different!

mekeni
04-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by A790
WORST. PRESENT. EVER.

1) Appliances.
2) Car accessories.
3) A TV.

:werd:

get here a perfume or a handbag or something...

alloroc
04-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Some flowers for the moment

A card to for the day

and a diamond for a lifetime.

Nissan240_91
04-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey, I loved the Banff idea, that's cute.

But I'm a girl, and I love cars, and if I bought a car and really did want to make it look good, then yeah, aftermarket things would be awesome, but maybe throw in something that is more on the girly side like a necklace or something, just so its something special from her boyfriend =)

Super_Geo
04-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Hey if she's interested in tuning her car there's no reason not to get it for her.

But to balance it out get her something girls can use... like collision insurance.

Canmorite
04-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Mazda 3's come in Orange?