PDA

View Full Version : New Cobalt SS owner

The Cosworth
04-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey Guys

My Car shit the bed today after the clutch went, and I finally went with getting a new car.

Went to VW and was really disappointed both with the service (the sales man was good (props to Lee) but the rest of the experience was crappy (other employees, lot guys, yada yada)) and the cost of a USED 2006.5 GTi at over 34,000.00

A Buddy of mine works at Shag Chevy so I went to go and see him, got a Red 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged, with black interior, limited slip, sunroof, and upgraded stereo

Waiting for some paperwork to get approved and insurance, but should be rolling in it by tuesday.

First on the list, tint, underdrive pulley's, rims (maybe but they come with the chrome 17"s already) and maybe an intake

YAY FOR ME!

dj_rice
04-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris

A Buddy of mine works at Shag Chevy so I went to go and see him, got a Red 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged

My condolenscenes for the sad news I am reading....

I joke I joke, I kid I kid, congrats on ur new car

:thumbsup:

The Cosworth
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
haha I know it isnt as good as a GTI but the extra 7 grand in my pocket made up for it

and I was thinking about buying a used car, putting some cash into it, but with moving, finishing school and all that I didnt want the hassle

403Gemini
04-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Isnt as good as a GTI? who says ;)

Ill race a GTI :thumbsup:

Grats on the car :) and dj_rice just has a small penis or something :rofl: kidding mang

The Cosworth
04-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Hah sweet, I am pretty nervous about spending all the money, I am just finishing off my diploma at school so its nerve wracking, but the excitement should over due it.

Graham_A_M
04-08-2007, 09:43 AM
^ Good for you, congrats on the new car. AT first I didn't like the styling, but the rims & the lines of the car work together beautifully, they sure are sharp looking cars. Did you get the LS spoiler or that ricey obstintatious spoiler?

The Cosworth
04-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Good for you, congrats on the new car. AT first I didn't like the styling, but the rims & the lines of the car work together beautifully, they sure are sharp looking cars. Did you get the LS spoiler or that ricey obstintatious spoiler?

they only have the ricey spoilers in stock and it will take a bit to get a normal one in

I might trade later on but for now I dont hate the look of it.

I need to wait for masked bandit to get back to me about the cost of insurance

The Cosworth
04-08-2007, 10:04 AM
AMA is full of shit

yesterday when I did a quote online they said it was about 2600 a year for me, which sounded low but I am not going to complain, got an email saying that they redid my quote and it is actually

Your AMA insurance premium estimate is $7,064.00*, based on a 12-month policy term and the coverage(s) you have selected.

fuck maybe I cant get the car

danno
04-08-2007, 10:05 AM
i'll race ya:thumbsup:
i personally never considered the ss, it was si or gti. i wanted leather, and no one would let me drive the si so i didn't buy it. the extra money isn't a big deal in 5 years you sell your ss for let's say 14k i'll sell my gti for 20k. whateve i like the look of the ss and it's got good ratings

NickGT
04-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Congrats! I love the SS/SC. Good choice! :thumbsup:

scat19
04-08-2007, 11:13 AM
ING insurance, best for people under 25 man, also good service when in an accident.

The Cosworth
04-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by scat19
ING insurance, best for people under 25 man, also good service when in an accident.

with them now and am paying 4500 for a new car

I am moving to Vernon anyways and am being given a work truck so I might just stick with that and buy a new bike. No need to make myself broke over a car.

I will be in the sun capital near the beach

dj_rice
04-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by scat19

Would they still insure you if they knew you tinted your front windshield?And drive around at night without your headlights on?

And wow $4500 a year for a Chevy...damnnn :eek: and its ppl like scat19 to blame for why our insurance rates are so damn high :guns:

carter_prelude
04-08-2007, 11:21 AM
^ :rofl: haha thats never gonna die hahaha

The Cosworth
04-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Would they still insure you if they knew you tinted your front windshield?And drive around at night without your headlights on?

And wow $4500 a year for a Chevy...damnnn :eek:

its weird, if i get a car that is 2 years or older it drops to under 2 grand, it is something to do with the fact that the car in my *danger* bracket or whatever it is called plus me being 20 really fucks me up.

I have shopped around and if I wait for my 21st B-Day it drops by nearly 50%.

Like I said I get a free worktruck so I might just wait until my insurance cools down and just drive the truck, plus ICBC should be nicer to me (hoping)

dj_rice
04-08-2007, 11:29 AM

its weird, if i get a car that is 2 years or older it drops to under 2 grand, it is something to do with the fact that the car in my *danger* bracket or whatever it is called plus me being 20 really fucks me up.

I have shopped around and if I wait for my 21st B-Day it drops by nearly 50%.

Like I said I get a free worktruck so I might just wait until my insurance cools down and just drive the truck, plus ICBC should be nicer to me (hoping)

21st Bday and it drops??Are u sure??You only get a major reduction when you turn 25 IIRC

The Cosworth
04-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

21st Bday and it drops??Are u sure??You only get a major reduction when you turn 25 IIRC

there is a reduction when your 21 (as I was told) and my accident was a couple days before that, so my following to closely ticket disappears and the accident is then 4 yrs back all in one week

Graham_A_M
04-08-2007, 11:45 AM
AMA is full of shit

yesterday when I did a quote online they said it was about 2600 a year for me, which sounded low but I am not going to complain, got an email saying that they redid my quote and it is actually

Your AMA insurance premium estimate is $7,064.00*, based on a 12-month policy term and the coverage(s) you have selected.

My insurance when I was your age was $2600/year, and that was JUST liablilty, no theft or collision etc.
I've been with Meloche Monnex for almost a decade, and I LOVE them, their so easy to work with and quite reasonable. 269-1112
Lundgren & Young insurance is good too, but if you cancel your policy; expect to wait a long time before you see your partial refund check, they quoted me two weeks, i waited three months.

boarderfatty
04-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

My insurance when I was your age was $2600/year, and that was JUST liablilty, no theft or collision etc.
I've been with Meloche Monnex for almost a decade, and I LOVE them, their so easy to work with and quite reasonable. 269-1112
Lundgren & Young insurance is good too, but if you cancel your policy; expect to wait a long time before you see your partial refund check, they quoted me two weeks, i waited three months.

I am with meloche monnex right now and am quite happy with them, but i have only liability, no collision. They offer a great product with collision if you are over 25, but collision under 25, they are the same as anywhere else when i was calling around

mikestypes
04-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Where you test driving a black one late yesterday afternoon?

The Cosworth
04-08-2007, 01:18 PM
nope red

i was staring at one in shag chev though that was black in the showroom

bart
04-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Ill race a GTI :thumbsup:

how about a tdi? :D

Eleanor
04-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by bart

do you need another ticket?

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

do you need another ticket?

I love how people love to drag shit over from other threads...

I hope the insurance works out for ya man, an SS would be a sick car... I'm just glad most of the beyond drivers aren't like most of the other SS drivers i see (Gangster racers)

As for the racing part... I'll bring the camera out to race city :thumbsup: :hitit:

The Cosworth
04-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

I love how people love to drag shit over from other threads...

I hope the insurance works out for ya man, an SS would be a sick car... I'm just glad most of the beyond drivers aren't like most of the other SS drivers i see (Gangster racers)

As for the racing part... I'll bring the camera out to race city :thumbsup: :hitit:

I move may 1 and secret street's first night is may 5th or something, so if I get it I will be driving back to attend.

I talked to a family member who is an adjuster with the cooperators at easter dinner tonight and we are both of the general consensus that I am screwed

danno
04-08-2007, 10:08 PM
not sure what your deal is, but i pay 2000 for the year with my gti i have a clean record. and i'm 23

QuasarCav
04-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Get a regular Cobalt and see where your insurance is. It's the SS/SC that increases the rates.

Love the thread title though.

The Cosworth
04-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Haha I was at the time :(

I also will be waiting as I am going to BC in a few months so ICBC should be a little nicer on insurance but that means I need to pay pst out there.

Either way now I see how expensive new cars really are.

benyl
04-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Didn't read the whole thread... but please, please do me a favor.

You have a nice new car... even with the underdrive, don't believe your car is more than it is.

Don't be like all the other loser SS supercharged drivers that tailgate me, that rev me at the lights, etc... I am not going to waste my gas.

There are a lot of 18 years twats running around is SS cobalts that think their car is the shit. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice car... just some of the people who drive them are morons.

Primavara
04-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Why dont you just get the stage 2 kit from GM. it gives you another 50 HP at least.

E46..sTyLez
04-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by benyl

You have a nice new car... even with the underdrive, don't believe your car is more than it is.

Don't be like all the other loser SS supercharged drivers that tailgate me, that rev me at the lights, etc... I am not going to waste my gas.

There are a lot of 18 years twats running around is SS cobalts that think their car is the shit. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice car... just some of the people who drive them are morons.

Which car are you in when you get these guys reving at you, cause both urs would wax them haha :D

bspot
04-09-2007, 04:52 PM

I don't think you even realize how bad it is. 5 minutes at www.cobaltss.net will have you gouging your own eyes out.

I was going to take my spoiler off for this very reason, to not be associated with all of those douches. Its an econobox with a supercharger, not an exotic. You get a car like this because its fun to drive, not because you want to impress people.

bspot
04-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

Which car are you in when you get these guys reving at you, cause both urs would wax them haha :D

Apparently STI's are much slower in the states because you can find a million stories about them losing to Cobalts on cobaltss.net. The are so full of shit its not even funny.

xrayvsn
04-09-2007, 05:32 PM
I ran into a guy with an Ion Redline at Secret Street last year who ran a 14 sec 100+ mph 1/4 mile. I think with a bad launch or from a roll, he would be able to take a stock STI. I didn't get to line up next to him at all, but that night my trap was only 98 mph, so if he had traction, it would be very close.

He had more than an underdrive pulley on, as far as I know. Then again, not too many STI's roll around unmodified for long ;)

bspot, you should come out to SS again one of these times. We have unfinished business from last year when I was told you were coming out...

max_boost
04-09-2007, 05:47 PM

There are a lot of 18 years twats running around is SS cobalts that think their car is the shit. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice car... just some of the people who drive them are morons. hahaha so true.

Congrats brendankharris. Nice to see a member step up and go out to buy a car and not continuously make those 'what car to buy threads'

Enjoy the new ride!!

QuasarCav
04-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
hahaha so true.

Congrats brendankharris. Nice to see a member step up and go out to buy a car and not continuously make those 'what car to buy threads'

Enjoy the new ride!!

Have you read the thread? He does not have the car.

bspot
04-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by xrayvsn
I ran into a guy with an Ion Redline at Secret Street last year who ran a 14 sec 100+ mph 1/4 mile. I think with a bad launch or from a roll, he would be able to take a stock STI. I didn't get to line up next to him at all, but that night my trap was only 98 mph, so if he had traction, it would be very close.

He had more than an underdrive pulley on, as far as I know. Then again, not too many STI's roll around unmodified for long ;)

bspot, you should come out to SS again one of these times. We have unfinished business from last year when I was told you were coming out...

If you need someone running 15's to make you feel good about yourself, then fine! I'll be there :D

Only if you take me as a passenger in one of your passes though.

benyl
04-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

Both, I guess when they see the BMW, they think it is an M3... when it is only a wannabe M3. haha

I ran a 13.6@99 completely stock with 2000kms on the clock. [email protected] with just a downpipe. No EMS. Now... I "should" be in the 12s.

Ain't that the truth.

See, most of the SS cobalt owners around here see my fart can exhaust and think that I am ricer. They come up behind you and fail to see the huge FMIC. I guess the hood scoop must be deceiving. hahhaha

BOT:
Let see some pics when you get the car... I don't know that I have seen one in red... I have only seen black and silver ones running around town.

b_t
04-10-2007, 12:01 PM
AMA is full of shit

AMA is terrible. I can't believe anyone is insured with them.
With State Farm and one accident I only pay $1400 a year for comprehensive.

403Gemini
04-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by bart

No thanks, your TDI scares me... too much torque lol

Originally posted by bspot

I don't think you even realize how bad it is. 5 minutes at www.cobaltss.net will have you gouging your own eyes out.

I was going to take my spoiler off for this very reason, to not be associated with all of those douches. Its an econobox with a supercharger, not an exotic. You get a car like this because its fun to drive, not because you want to impress people.

Quite true, theres a couple good guys on there (Malek) who helped me install my CAI and have the same consensus.

That "War Stories" section makes me want to end my life "I Raced a z06 and won! do you think he was going easy on me?"

lol he wasnt racing man...

I think the guy you're talking about is sidejam on cobaltss.net (i THINK) ... he probably has the most "done up" lsj in calgary right now. Another guy on there, Jekyl (or Cody lol) was pretty much the same but needed to sell his black cobalt ss/sc to buy a work truck.

Theres a few good guys out there, and bspot is right, they're fun cars to drive, certainly not a car to buy to impress people. I woulda bought a used corvette if i wanted that ;)

bspot
04-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I woulda bought a used corvette if i wanted that ;)

Big midlife crisis pimpin! :bigpimp:

403Gemini
04-10-2007, 04:10 PM

Big midlife crisis pimpin! :bigpimp:

I was looking at like 98 corvettes, they go for like 30-40 grand mang, totally looking at one of those next and keeping the balt for winter :D

and midlife crisis? im 23, more like 1/4 life crisis haha

Proboscis
04-11-2007, 02:36 AM
nothing wrong with bspot's chevy

bspot
04-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Proboscis
nothing wrong with bspot's chevy

Thanks man!

Although its looking pretty dirty inside these days, I think I need to get into another accident and take it to you guys :rofl:

benyl
04-11-2007, 12:50 PM

Thanks man!

Although its looking pretty dirty inside these days, I think I need to get into another accident and take it to you guys :rofl:

Why, cause the accident will shake all the dirt loose? hahahahaha

bspot
04-11-2007, 12:58 PM

Why, cause the accident will shake all the dirt loose? hahahahaha

Haha, no, because proboscis does an amazing job when he details your car after its been in at Carstar on 9th ave (shameless plug).

R!zz0
04-11-2007, 08:56 PM

Same shit happend to to me on my way home from work. The bastard didn't realize that i have a 90 Civic with a stock D15 engine that he can walk me in reverse. :rofl:

bspot
04-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by R!zz0

Same shit happend to to me on my way home from work. The bastard didn't realize that i have a 90 Civic with a stock D15 engine that he can walk me in reverse. :rofl:

Hey probably did. Guys like that will go tell their friends that they just beat a type R.

Then when they lose to a WRX they'll say how they were smoking them until they missed a shift or they had a boost leak.

403Gemini
04-12-2007, 04:32 PM

Hey probably did. Guys like that will go tell their friends that they just beat a type R.

Then when they lose to a WRX they'll say how they were smoking them until they missed a shift or they had a boost leak.

wtf you talking about! blame the fucking wheel hop!!!! ;) lol

stevo 27
05-20-2007, 08:46 PM
that colbaltss forom is fuckin hilarious the kill section

"I killed a srt10"
"whats your mods?"
"an airbox .Wtf you dont believe me"

AHHAHAHA