PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Marketplace...refund??

03_0Z
04-08-2007, 06:22 PM
So heres the deal. no need to mention names.

lets say I sell someone something that works fine. they pay by cheuque due to good standing beyond feedback.

person goes home, uses product calls next day saying product was working great but now seems to have stopped working. puts a stop payment on cheque and wants to return the 'now useless' product.

person A is now forced to accept refund, because cheuque wont be cashed, and now has a broken product.

any way to solve this??

bluetek
04-08-2007, 06:28 PM
sounds like that guy got the best of you. :D. the only thing you could do is probably try and work it out collectively.

P.S- Dont take cheques from people on beyond!!!

Impreza
04-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Cash FTMFW

JAYMEZ
04-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Get the product back and NEVER do cheques

Or

You guys had a verbal agreement , he/she used the product and inspected it at the purchase.. From there its Buyer Beware. Quite possibly , he/she could have broken it.

03_0Z
04-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

You guys had a verbal agreement , he/she used the product and inspected it at the purchase.. From there its Buyer Beware. Quite possibly , he/she could have broken it.

is that a case for small claims then?

max_boost
04-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
Cash FTMFW :werd: ^ Infinity

ChargedLextasy
04-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 03_0Z

is that a case for small claims then?

Yes you could sue. but it better be for an amount worth it

racin_jayson
04-08-2007, 07:47 PM
you should say who it is so that we can all excercise caution when selling...

A790
04-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Okay, post the names and actual situation. Maybe it will wind up like anotyher s--dime situation.

urban.one
04-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Do small claims court.

The other person at least has to take some time out of their day to show up. That may make it worthwhile for them to settle with you before court.

Id deposit the check anyways. They may have been lazy and only told you they stopped payment on it and havent made it to the bank yet.

And if you go to court, you can prove they stopped payment if you tried to deposit it.

Crymson
04-08-2007, 09:22 PM
I think you should post names. You're not doing the community any favours by protecting a scammer. Many websites have a "good seller/bad seller" section anyway.

5hift
04-08-2007, 09:28 PM
:werd:

post the names and oust whoever pulled the bitch move

Team_Mclaren
04-08-2007, 10:38 PM
LOL, what does he think this is? walmart? once sale is completed its final. As long as the seller didnt lie about its working condition then its fair game.

03_0Z
04-08-2007, 10:44 PM
thanks guys for your input. i think he saw the thread and we reached an agreement.

haha gota love beyond.

JordanAndrew
04-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

I'm with you on this one.. this SOB needs to get named so we don't experience the same shit.

PS, I like the lights on your Prelude, where did you get that convertion?

Ogpogo
04-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Im just surprised people still take uncertified cheques for private sales.:dunno:

kenny
04-08-2007, 10:49 PM
So heres the deal. no need to mention names.

lets say I sell someone something that works fine. they pay by cheuque due to good standing beyond feedback.

person goes home, uses product calls next day saying product was working great but now seems to have stopped working. puts a stop payment on cheque and wants to return the 'now useless' product.

person A is now forced to accept refund, because cheuque wont be cashed, and now has a broken product.

any way to solve this??

OK, first thing is first. Is the product still working as described in the sale? If so, then get the product back and leave negative feedback for the user.

If the product is broken, then I guess you'd have to accept the product back and suck it up, unless of course the purchaser damaged/consumed the product.

Hope that helps.

l8braker
04-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=27657

hjr
04-09-2007, 10:57 AM
unless it was big money, forget about it, call it a lesson learned. never take checks. you cant get emotional in business dude.

bluetek
04-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by l8braker

http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=27657

It might not be that guy. The details say whiskas was the seller and 03 Z was the buyer which doesent match up with the the situation the OP gave us. Plus it dates back to Feb 07 With the sale of a set of tires...

soupey
04-09-2007, 11:46 AM
thanks guys for your input. i think he saw the thread and we reached an agreement.

haha gota love beyond.
:closed: