PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on LG 50PC3D Plasma

Clever
04-08-2007, 11:57 PM
I was looking at this tv at Leon's over the weekend and I was wondering if anyone have this TV, any feedback? Thanks.

hifiguy
04-09-2007, 08:24 AM
Not exactly sure of the model number, but my dad just bought a 50" hp plasma, current year model and it looks really good. I've tried both pc direct connect and ps3 blue ray movies and games, all with excellent results. Regular cable looks like regular cable on it. Just be aware that plasmas are not that bright and if you have lots of bright background lighting, the reflection off the screen can be distracting. Otherwise, decent picture for the price. I think it was around $2g. If you are worried about quality, spend the extra $500 and get the panasonic 50" plasma. It doesn't have the direct vga input, but unless you plan on having a 50" 1336x764 monitor, you won't need it.

Clever
04-09-2007, 11:03 AM
if i buy this tv it'll be just for watching tv and movies, i'm not planning to use it for gaming or as a computer monitor at all, they have it on sale at Leons, so i thought i'd do some research on the TV first, CNET review wasn't too good but then again there was 4 people that gave it an 8-9/10. So i was hoping the TV guru's on here can help me make a decision.

Crymson
04-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I can't comment on this specific model, however, I have 3 friends who've purchased LG consumer electronics, and they've ALL had to return them because of problems with them.

I wouldn't touch LG except for their appliances, which seem ok.

LaDeeDaDeeDa
04-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Go Panasonic or Pioneer or go home.

clem24
04-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by LaDeeDaDeeDa

:werd: Panasonic is probably the best bang for buck compared to Pioneer, but offer by far the best picture quality. Pioneer is about equivalent on pic quality but higher up in the aesthetics department, and costs more. If you wait a little bit, the new Panasonic line up should be coming out.. And they're FINALLY ALL BLACK!!! You can find the 42" Panny for about $1,600 and the 50" for $2,400.

The specific LG you refer to was on sale during boxing day for $1500. They have terrible scalers, which means they are not suited to watching SD content (standard def).

If you want more info, check out www.redflagdeals.com and www.avsforums.com.

Crymson
04-10-2007, 11:49 AM
I have a hitatchi, and it's a fantastic plasma panel. Very happy with it.

toomuchb00st
04-10-2007, 11:59 AM
it all depends on what your paying for the PC3D that makes it worth while. to tell you the truth im not a big fan of selling or owning any entry level LG plasmas, there higher end models I dont mind. how do you tell what your buying with LG? well in all there model numbers there is a digit, so in this case its a PC"3"D.
heres how it is with LG 3- GOOD, 2- BETTER, 1- BEST. for example FS carrys LG's 50PC1DRA, which is one of LG's higher end pieces. but anyway like i said before it all depends on what your paying for it. so i guess the question is what are you paying for it?

Clever
04-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Leon's is selling it for 2299 right now, i haven't bought the tv yet, still doing some research, so thanks to everyone that replied, please keep them coming

Xtrema
04-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by LaDeeDaDeeDa

For $2299, I think you can get 46" Panny for that.

roopi
04-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Go to some where like FS of Visions and take a look at any of the LG models compared to the other TV's. You can clearly see how the picture quality is inferior to most of the other brands. I considered a few of the LG's initially but after seeing the picture went with something else (Samsung)

Dayclone
04-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Pioneer makes awesome Plasma!

as for LCD I would say like Sony.

clem24
04-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

For $2299, I think you can get 46" Panny for that.

Panasonic doesn't make one in that size. Plasma is only 37", 42", 50", 58", or 65". Take your pick.

Costco just dropped their price on the 42" to $1,799. The Source by CC had it down to $1,5xx at one point.

Moe Man
04-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by toomuchb00st
it all depends on what your paying for the PC3D that makes it worth while. to tell you the truth im not a big fan of selling or owning any entry level LG plasmas, there higher end models I dont mind. how do you tell what your buying with LG? well in all there model numbers there is a digit, so in this case its a PC"3"D.
heres how it is with LG 3- GOOD, 2- BETTER, 1- BEST. for example FS carrys LG's 50PC1DRA, which is one of LG's higher end pieces. but anyway like i said before it all depends on what your paying for it. so i guess the question is what are you paying for it?

^^^
He is absolutely right, beat me to it, just read the post! I bought the 42PC1DA, and the guy at futureshop knew so much everyone was like "your buying a tv ok go to him". He mentioned the numbers 1-2-3 like boost did and so i went with the 1, if your going to get that TV realize that its the 3(good) not the best thats it thats all. GoodLuck:thumbsup:

Clever
04-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Well i've decided to go get a Panasonic instead based on reviews and feedback from a friend's co- worker, that bought the exact same tv from Leon's about 2 weeks ago, he's quite unhappy with the poor picture quality and the fact that when he tried to see if they(Leon's) are willing to exchange the TV after week of use, they pretty much told him that he's S.O.L. So basically, thanks Beyond, also don't go to Leon's