PDA

View Full Version : Help: Transmission Problem

CKY
04-09-2007, 09:47 PM
So I recently got a Mazda 626, and I've been really busy so I havn't been able to take the car in for maintainance. But since today my car has had trouble shifting gears (This is an auto btw). It feels like the car can't shift into the next gear and no matter how hard i put my foot on the peddle it still take a goot 2 seconds before it'll start accelerating. After that accelerating the car still takes me flooring the peddle. What's going on?? Am I in deep shit? I'm not gonna touch the car until I take it to the shop but should I be safe driving it to the shop?? Or should I get it towed there??\

Also after I got out of the car I noticed a slight burnt smell. I'm guessing my car is low on transmission fluid?

Bonka
04-10-2007, 05:16 AM
Sounds like the transmission is slipping. Common problem with 626 transmissions.

I would check the transmission fluid level first. Otherwise, expect a bill for repair. I wouldn't drive it so get it towed.

CKY
04-10-2007, 03:52 PM
okay thanks, does anyone know how much it is to get a car towed?? and where do i call for that??

dankish1
04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
first go check the fluid
you have to start the car when you check it.
if its low go get some from the store. dont drive the car there!
check the tranny fluid color its supposed to be redish pink
smell and see if it smells burnt.
if its full open up the yellow pages
go to towing.
call until you find the cheapest place.
expect to spend 80$ for towning.

jdmsource
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
what year is your 626?

CKY
04-10-2007, 10:57 PM
95, and i checked the fluids which is a little low, I bought some from crappy tire to fill up. Gonna go do that right now, but is it still undrivable or it should be okay after I fill it back up?