PDA

View Full Version : fuse box and headlights not working

guitardemon
06-05-2003, 12:58 PM
ok so. heres my problem, i have this 83 grand prix, and for a while a month ago or so the battery was screwed and wouldn't hold a charge but it would turn the motor enough, that the car would start. but now that i have been driving it i found out the lights don't work, no parking lights no headlights no nothing, except brake lights. even the dash lights are out.

so i'm thinking that when i had the engine trying to start on the dead battery, that one of the ground wires to the fuse box got melted or fried because of not enough power, or something like that but i checked everything i could and checked to see if i had power so everything, but for the main power wire to the lights goes through the firewall to the switch and then to the lights. but when the wire get to the inside of the car on the there is no power at all.

so what do you guys think is the problem, i've told you what i think. now it's your turn:bigpimp:

thnkx

guitardemon
06-05-2003, 03:12 PM
gezz thanks for the help:thumbsdow

atomic
06-05-2003, 03:23 PM
try the relay . someone else had a simular post this week about a simular problem .

guitardemon
06-05-2003, 09:59 PM
well i don't think it is the relay, because i pulled the mount and hookup on the firewall that goes thorugh and there is no power there, so there isn't any power able to get to the relay in the first place. dunno now:dunno:

ramminghard
06-05-2003, 11:02 PM
get a manual and check the grounds