PDA

View Full Version : krisopotamus hates the Flames (split)

krisopotamus
04-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint
Durin the Jays game I decided to start up my predictions which I do every year. I think my picks are pretty accurate this year, also put in some little blurbs to read after my predictions as well as what I believe the series will go to.

WESTERN CONFERENCE
(1)Detroit Red Wings v.s. (8)Calgary Flames
Prediction: Calgary Flames for the upset.

If they win game one, they will win.
[b]Flames 4-3

stopped reading there.

Detroit 4-2
Vancouver 4-1
San Jose 4-3
Anaheim 4-2

Buffalo 4-0
TB 4-2
ATL 4-3
Pitt 4-2

Now to address the original poster. Your precious flames made the playoffs by 1 point. They are EIGHT in the west and you biased flames fans think as if they are top seed. Detroit finished FIRST in the west and second in the league just behind buffalo! They are nearly unstoppable at HOME and calgary is HORRIBLE on the ROAD. Detroit has home ice advantage...so good luck to calgary winning this series when you need to win at least 1 on the road.

Edit: changed my picks to what they are in my pool

HyperZell
04-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by krisopotamus

stopped reading there. you are an idiot.

Detroit 4-2
Vancouver 4-1
San Jose 4-3
Minnesota 4-3

Buffalo 4-0
NJ 4-2
NYR 4-1
Pitt 4-2

Now to address the original poster. Your precious flames made the playoffs by 1 point. They are EIGHT in the west and you biased idiots think as if they are top seed. Detroit finished FIRST in the west and second in the league just behind buffalo! They are nearly unstoppable at HOME and calgary is HORRIBLE on the ROAD. Detroit has home ice advantage...so good luck to calgary winning this series when you need to win at least 1 on the road.

Edit: after reading all the replies...only 1 person on here has any brain in their heads. The rest of you are flames bandwagon jumpers.

Erm...so everyone who disagrees with you is a bandwagon jumper? How about you're an idiot?

The Red Wings have a dismal playoff record. If you've been paying attention for the past few years you would've known. Last year, they were knocked out of the first round by Edmonton (8). The year before that, Calgary (8) in the second. The year before that, Anaheim swept them out in the first round. And yes, they won the cup before that, but before they won the cup the Kings took them out in the first round.

So...maybe it's not where a team finishes in the regular season that determines their playoff success. Now excuse me for being a 'bandwagon jumper'.

TeamBestBud
04-10-2007, 09:04 AM

Now to address the original poster. Your precious flames made the playoffs by 1 point. They are EIGHT in the west and you biased idiots think as if they are top seed. Detroit finished FIRST in the west and second in the league just behind buffalo! They are nearly unstoppable at HOME and calgary is HORRIBLE on the ROAD. Detroit has home ice advantage...so good luck to calgary winning this series when you need to win at least 1 on the road.

Edit: after reading all the replies...only 1 person on here has any brain in their heads. The rest of you are flames bandwagon jumpers.

Originally posted by HyperZell

Erm...so everyone who disagrees with you is a bandwagon jumper? How about you're an idiot?

The Red Wings have a dismal playoff record. If you've been paying attention for the past few years you would've known. Last year, they were knocked out of the first round by Edmonton (8). The year before that, Calgary (8) in the second. The year before that, Anaheim swept them out in the first round. And yes, they won the cup before that, but before they won the cup the Kings took them out in the first round.

So...maybe it's not where a team finishes in the regular season that determines their playoff success. Now excuse me for being a 'bandwagon jumper'.

Yeah, what he said, jackass.

krisopotamus
04-10-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell

Stop living in the past.

I am going to guess that you didn't watch a flames game before their cup run in 04. I love going to games at the Saddledome. So many crisp, clean, brand new jerseys. I also like to call it the library because it's so quiet.

Either way if you think detroit will lose first round because they have in the past, then you are dillusional.

TeamBestBud
04-10-2007, 09:28 AM

Stop living in the past.

I am going to guess that you didn't watch a flames game before their cup run in 04. I love going to games at the Saddledome. So many crisp, clean, brand new jerseys. I also like to call it the library because it's so quiet.

Either way if you think detroit will lose first round because they have in the past, then you are dillusional.

They're known Hussein's. (Saddam Hussein= choker)

jf97talon
04-10-2007, 09:50 AM

Stop living in the past.

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

88CRX
04-10-2007, 10:11 AM

stopped reading there. you are an idiot.

This is now the third thread in the last couple days that you’ve been bitching about the Flames, we get your point… and guess what? Nobody cares.

hjr
04-10-2007, 10:20 AM
i hope the flames can do it, and i agree with the very first post. either flames 4-3 with an exciting game seven, or wings 4-2. im leaning towards wings right now due to the absolutely terrible play of the flames in the last while. its typically good to take a bit of momentum into the playoffs with you, but if they can break out of whatever their funk is, then we should have a good series on our hands.

ZedMan
04-10-2007, 10:30 AM

If you think that the regular season has any significant bearing on the playoffs, you are delusional.

Now, how about we get back to predictions and away from stirring the pot :whocares:

88CRX
04-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by hjr
i hope the flames can do it, and i agree with the very first post. either flames 4-3 with an exciting game seven, or wings 4-2. im leaning towards wings right now due to the absolutely terrible play of the flames in the last while. its typically good to take a bit of momentum into the playoffs with you, but if they can break out of whatever their funk is, then we should have a good series on our hands.

Games 5 and 6 are back to back next Saturday/Sunday with travel and time change and afternoon bullshit games… it will not be good for the Wings older or injuered players (ie: Hasek, Chellios, Bertuzzi, etc etc etc)

TEAMFaint
04-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm jealous of his Neon. I really am.

You are pretty hardcore if all you can do is "knock the flames."

Who cares if the Flames only made the playoff by one point? Who cares if they sucked on the road this regular season.

That's why I said if they win their first game, they have a chance..thus bein they play game 1 in Detriot :drama:

Let me guess. You're an oilers fan.

:whocares:

2002civic
04-10-2007, 12:34 PM

Stop living in the past.

you are an idiot...sure lots of new jerseys, the flames changed their jersey right before then... and the saddledome is quiet? IMO it is one of the loudest buildings in the league and the two teams split the series 2-2 with one the the losses being right after the stuart-primeau trade where the flames had NO chemistry

2002civic
04-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by adam c

+1 for banning the bandwagon jumper

+2

TEAMFaint
04-10-2007, 12:40 PM
+9822

I think that counts for immediate banning :D

krisopotamus
04-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint
I'm jealous of his Neon. I really am.

You are pretty hardcore if all you can do is "knock the flames."

Who cares if the Flames only made the playoff by one point? Who cares if they sucked on the road this regular season.

That's why I said if they win their first game, they have a chance..thus bein they play game 1 in Detriot :drama:

Let me guess. You're an oilers fan.

:whocares:

I hate the oilers with a passion.

And I could give a shit if you don't like my car. I'm 20 and paying my way through university without loans, so sorry if thats what I drive.

It just puzzles me that calgary seems to be the favorite? I hate to go out on a limb here but Calgary is still a pretty big underdog. I am a bitter wings fan who wants revenge.

88CRX
04-10-2007, 01:04 PM
It just puzzles me that calgary seems to be the favorite?

Your on a local Calgary forum.

krisopotamus
04-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by 2002civic

you are an idiot...sure lots of new jerseys, the flames changed their jersey right before then... and the saddledome is quiet? IMO it is one of the loudest buildings in the league and the two teams split the series 2-2 with one the the losses being right after the stuart-primeau trade where the flames had NO chemistry

That would explain why at the red wings vs wings game on March 20th, the Flames had control of the puck in the wings zone on a powerplay that it was so quiet and I yelled "go wings go" like 100 people turned around to glare at me, and I'm by no means a loud person. The reason I yelled it was because I noticed how quiet it had gotten.

Anyways, I know not everyone is a bandwagon jumper but you have to admit that tons are. ALOT of my co-workers are "flames" fans and didn't even know what place they finished. I wasn't here in 2004 but I am guessing their cup run was similar to edmonton last year. I was there 1 year ago at the end of april and didn't see any oilers flags or anything, went back during round 3 for a weekend and 3 out of every 4 cars had them. Havn't seen many flames flags on cars but I can only guess what will happen in the next few days. I respect the hardcore fans they have but to me, there is just way too many part timers out there. Eg. my aunt who lives in airdrie for the last 20 years who had never seen a flames game in her life phoning me in 2004 saying 'na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye"

I bid this thread good day

/end rant

krisopotamus
04-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Your on a local Calgary forum.

Half the people in this city are from outside calgary originally so you would think that not EVERYONE thinks they will win.

adam c
04-10-2007, 01:15 PM

Half the people in this city are from outside calgary originally so you would think that not EVERYONE thinks they will win.

go find a hole..
its called having pride and faith in ur team asswipe

HyperZell
04-10-2007, 01:58 PM

Stop living in the past.

I don't think Detroit will lose in the first round because of the past. I believe they will lose in the first round because after Datsyuk and an injured Zetterberg, the Wings lack offense. I believe it because all teams tend to take less penalties and buckle down defensively, which is where the Flames needed work. I believe it because they have a much older team that can be broken down. And I believe it partly because history counts for something.

Is that good enough for you?

01RedDX
04-10-2007, 02:03 PM

Hakkola
04-10-2007, 02:23 PM
If Detroit had anyone other than Hasek and Osgood for goalies I'd be inclined to pick them, but they don't so Detroit makes another first round exit. Flames aren't anywhere near my favourite team, but I have no reason to believe they will be good in the post season with the average goaltending they have.

Who's delusional? The series could go either way, look at regular season matchups, look at Calgary's putrid home record, look at detroits terrible goaltending. It could go either way, all flames have to do is win their home games, which is pretty easy for them, have kiprusoff play well, which he has been of late, and win one road game, which is a toss up.

Honestly who cares though, neither team will win the cup, I put my money on Van, Ottawa, Buffalo, or :barf: New Jersey, I would love to see Pens win it, but with their goaltending I Don't think that's possible.

The last few years it has been the team with the hottest goalie who has won the cup, I don't see that changing, Hasek is not a great goalie anymore.

core_upt
04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
it's a well established fact that teams that finish at the top of the league always win the cup

Signed,
The Ottawa Senators

krisopotamus
04-10-2007, 03:13 PM
it's a well established fact that teams that finish at the top of the league always win the cup

Detroit didn't finish first. They finished second.

Originally posted by Hakkola
If Detroit had anyone other than Hasek and Osgood for goalies I'd be inclined to pick them, but they don't so Detroit makes another first round exit. Flames aren't anywhere near my favourite team, but I have no reason to believe they will be good in the post season with the average goaltending they have.

Who's delusional? The series could go either way, look at regular season matchups, look at Calgary's putrid home record, look at detroits terrible goaltending. It could go either way, all flames have to do is win their home games, which is pretty easy for them, have kiprusoff play well, which he has been of late, and win one road game, which is a toss up.

Honestly who cares though, neither team will win the cup, I put my money on Van, Ottawa, Buffalo, or :barf: New Jersey, I would love to see Pens win it, but with their goaltending I Don't think that's possible.

The last few years it has been the team with the hottest goalie who has won the cup, I don't see that changing, Hasek is not a great goalie anymore.

Actually I believe that Hasek had one of the best goals against averages in the league. Don't quote me on that.

You people rant and rave over your flames but I believe the other thread was playoff predictions, not who you dream to win.

Zetterberg is back for the playoffs. He could have played the last game but they decided that it wasn't worth it and gave him a few extra days.

I'm done posting about hockey until this series is over, then I will return to say "I told you so"

Thanks for creating this thread mods :drama:

And I am not saying it's impossible for Calgary to win, I'm just saying it isn't as likely as everyone on here seems to think. Either way the cup may come west this year...really strong western conference whereas the east just has buffalo. Then again the west will wear eachother down and have to play a fresh buffalo in the finals.

Xtrema
04-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Out of the 4 top seeded teams, Detroit is the most likely the one that Calgary can beat.

At least there'll be no shootout in playoff, so Calgary may actually win. :D

But really, with Calgary being inconsistent and the defense is all up to Kipper, I'm betting on Detroit.

This ain't the 2004 team. Flames can't grind down anyone this year and after gaining all those fire power (which is also inconsistent).

l8braker
04-10-2007, 03:36 PM
What do you drive: Neon.

That explains quite a bit.

harv91
04-10-2007, 03:53 PM

That would explain why at the red wings vs wings game on March 20th

so who won? red wings or wings
lol dude u don't know shit all. when playoffs start its a complteley different game. i guess we'll find out soon enough.

krisopotamus
04-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by l8braker

I said I wouldnt be back but this is non hockey related.

Aren't you mr. cool. Apparently you drive nothing, or a pile of junk beater you are too embarassed to put on your profile?

I drive a neon, deal with it. It gets good milage, is fully loaded, and I got it for a steal of a price. Guess what? I am a student whose mommy and daddy don't help out with costs. I am quite fine with driving a neon.

l8braker
04-10-2007, 04:08 PM

I said I wouldnt be back but this is non hockey related.

Aren't you mr. cool. Apparently you drive nothing, or a pile of junk beater you are too embarassed to put on your profile?

I drive a neon, deal with it. It gets good milage, is fully loaded, and I got it for a steal of a price. Guess what? I am a student whose mommy and daddy don't help out with costs. I am quite fine with driving a neon.

That's fagtastic, good for you.

:goflames:

hjr
04-10-2007, 04:17 PM
wow you guys get rilled up! shit bitches, its just a newb, they happen ALLLL the time...

Hakkola
04-10-2007, 04:27 PM

Actually I believe that Hasek had one of the best goals against averages in the league. Don't quote me on that.

Yeah, and he had the 13th best save %, I'm not impressed.

Originally posted by l8braker

The fuck is wrong with you guys?

eb0i
04-10-2007, 04:54 PM
The Raw Team Data:

Calgary - 43-29-10 - 96 points, 3rd NWD, 8th WC.
Detroit - 50-19-13 - 113 points, 1st CEN, 1st WC.

Calgary - PP 18.2% (10th), PK 80.4% (22nd) - aggregate score 98.6
Detroit - PP 17.1% (21st), PK 84.6% (7th) - aggregate score 101.7

Calgary - GF 255 (7th), 153 ES, 14 SH. GA 221 (11th), 123 ES, 79 SH - GD 34
Detroit - GF 252 (10th), 153ES, 11SH. GA 191 (2nd), 104 ES, 63 SH - GD 61

You can read the entire Detroit - Calgary Analysis at my blog by following this link:
http://fiveholefanatics.blogspot.com/2007/04/round-one-calgary-versus-detroit.html

Ajay
04-10-2007, 05:06 PM
To the 2nd poster. When Calgary beat Detroit we weren't 8th seed we were 6th seed hence why we played Vancouver in the first round because they were third seed and NW Division champs that year.

I hope Calgary can pull it out but Calgary doesn't play that physical style that allowed them to get to the 04 Cup final. They say they will play that physical style against Detroit but who knows if they actually will. On the 4 game road trip they stuck to it and they pulled out 4 straight wins. They got away from it for the last 4 games and we lost the last 4.

Lots of peeps are predicting that Detroit will break out of it's funk and get past the first round but that's all contingent on Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Calder, and Bertuzzi performing. They haven't been very good playoff performers which gives Calgary a bit of an edge especially if we stick to the physical game.

alloroc
04-10-2007, 05:57 PM

They are smarter than you, and by the sounds of your posts ... you better get used to it.

l8braker
04-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

They are smarter than you, and by the sounds of your posts ... you better get used to it.

lol

jdmXSI
04-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Flames will make it past the 1st round for sure!:goflames:

HyperZell
04-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
To the 2nd poster. When Calgary beat Detroit we weren't 8th seed we were 6th seed hence why we played Vancouver in the first round because they were third seed and NW Division champs that year.

I hope Calgary can pull it out but Calgary doesn't play that physical style that allowed them to get to the 04 Cup final. They say they will play that physical style against Detroit but who knows if they actually will. On the 4 game road trip they stuck to it and they pulled out 4 straight wins. They got away from it for the last 4 games and we lost the last 4.

Lots of peeps are predicting that Detroit will break out of it's funk and get past the first round but that's all contingent on Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Calder, and Bertuzzi performing. They haven't been very good playoff performers which gives Calgary a bit of an edge especially if we stick to the physical game.

Whoops, that was me. Yeah, I remember now, Calgary was 6th. The point was that Detroit has a tendency to underperform.

Kaos
04-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Put it this way, Calgary was in last place 3 years ago.
And who made it to the finals?
Umm yeah thats what I thought. :goflames:

googe
04-11-2007, 09:36 AM
i heard the wings suck and will not win a cup for at least 10 more years

proven fact

eb0i
04-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by googe
i heard the wings suck and will not win a cup for at least 10 more years

proven fact

They eat newborn babies too.:goflames:

Lex350
04-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

This is now the third thread in the last couple days that you’ve been bitching about the Flames, we get your point… and guess what? Nobody cares.

besides...he drives a Neon:rofl:

Ajay
04-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
Put it this way, Calgary was in last place 3 years ago.
And who made it to the finals?
Umm yeah thats what I thought. :goflames:

Again....we were 6th seed when we made to the Cup final in 03/04.

I'de like to see a Flames/Pens match up but I doubt that will happen.

Ideally if Van wins their series and Detroit and Anaheim lose we would play Van in the conference semi's. That would be a good match-up that's for sure. Here's to hoping!

:goflames: :goflames:

krisopotamus
04-22-2007, 11:07 PM

I'm done posting about hockey until this series is over, then I will return to say "I told you so"

Well. After a less than impressive game 6, the flames are out.

They didn't have a chance to win at the Joe anyways so this game simply saved the flames from having to waste their golfing season by playing another game.

Shots for the series were like 260-130 for the wings. You aren't going to win games getting 20 shots in a game.

Calgary did play pretty good at home (not so much game 6) but the wings played good every game.

:goflames:

CaptainReboot
04-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Only 6 months until the season opener. :goflames: