PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan: Definition of love

JordanAndrew
04-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Q3tFagQbBX4&

This may or may not be a repost, I did a search and got nothing, it could be possibly because this video is old. I just thought I'd post it again to inspire basketball players out there.

He's still the greatest basketball player of all time.

Oh remember the Jordan 11 commercial? That was the best basketball shoe commercial and the best basketball shoes of all time in my opinion. It gives me chills and just pure inspiration watching these videos. ENJOY!

NseKug63naM&

JordanAndrew
04-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Updated, finally learned how to use the you tube link.. haha I'm such a newbie. :thumbsup:

SoSlowDx
04-12-2007, 03:52 AM
Man after he retired I stop watching the NBA

JordanAndrew
04-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Yeah I was pretty much the same thing, I didn't watch NBA for the longest time after he retired from the NBA. I'm just really starting to like NBA again with these new players like Lebron James.

urbannomad
04-12-2007, 12:17 PM
when i first came to canada,

michael jordans' "SHOT" was the first NBA game i ever saw.

in utah, pushing russel aside and being statuesque.

never was i the same again. :eek:

JordanAndrew
04-12-2007, 02:02 PM
^^^ Where were you from? Michael Jordan's name is known everywhere accross the world, I'm surprised you didn't get to watch him before that shot.

That was his last shot as a Chicago Bull player when he was at his prime best. After that it was downhill, even when he played at the Washington Wizards. Don't get me wrong, he was still good and making a lot of points, but he wasn't the same Jordan we knew from back in the day.

urbannomad
04-15-2007, 09:43 PM
totally forgot about this thread =/

i moved to canada from england.

your highly unlikely to find out about something unless its the superbowl or the championship games and whatnot. the monday papers are always about which footballer beat the shit outta his wife, while drunk, and how he sneaks through the cracks of the justice system. :thumbsdow

i was a kid back then, so all my focus was directed towards football(soccer) and i was pretty damn good too, got an invite to a school but i couldn't go cuz i had to move here.

i suck now though :rofl: really bad.

Xtrema
04-16-2007, 09:29 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/13/AR2007041301803.html?hpid=entnews

Love cost $$$

jumperman8
04-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
Q3tFagQbBX4&

This may or may not be a repost, I did a search and got nothing, it could be possibly because this video is old. I just thought I'd post it again to inspire basketball players out there.

He's still the greatest basketball player of all time.

Oh remember the Jordan 11 commercial? That was the best basketball shoe commercial and the best basketball shoes of all time in my opinion. It gives me chills and just pure inspiration watching these videos. ENJOY!

NseKug63naM&

I Know its just a typo Jord, but that is the Jordan 12 man, Jordan 11 are much nicer kicks then that!

And i know you all didnt just stop watching the NBA. Basketball is Basketball, there is always a good player. But Mark my workds, Lebron James will be the Greates Player ever to play when he retires.

JordanAndrew
04-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8

I Know its just a typo Jord, but that is the Jordan 12 man, Jordan 11 are much nicer kicks then that!

And i know you all didnt just stop watching the NBA. Basketball is Basketball, there is always a good player. But Mark my workds, Lebron James will be the Greates Player ever to play when he retires.

Hhaha yeah you're right Cody, they are the Jordan 12's, not 11. I was gonna change that but I was too lazy to do it. Jordan 11's were ok, too flashy for me with the shiny part of it, but still very nice.

As for Lebron, he may or may not replace the title of greatest basketball player in the world, I guess we'll just have to see. But as far as I know, my CURRENT STATEMENT is in fact correct. :D

C'mon now man, I know you're an MJ fan too, with the user name and your Jersey number as well (I think Lebron James has that number too, what a coincidence.. HMM I wonder where he got his inspiration...LOL)

RiCE-DaDDy
04-16-2007, 03:42 PM
^ his potential doesnt lie in playing like jordan. he's more like magic or oscar robertson

Impreza
04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
^:werd: Well put.

5hift
04-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by jumperman8

But Mark my workds, Lebron James will be the Greates Player ever to play when he retires.

He'll have to learn how to hit a big shot first. Its one thing to have the size and skills, its another to be able to use them when the game is on the line. Kobe and Wade love having the ball in the dying seconds, Lebron seems afraid to have it come down to his last shot.. he should be, I dont know the stats but he's not very good with the game on the line.

Everyone hates on him, but in the league right now, Kobe is by far the most talented player in the league. He plays for a bad team and gets triple teamed most the game, yet he's dropping 50+ regularily.

5hift
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
^ his potential doesnt lie in playing like jordan. he's more like magic or oscar robertson

Magic and Oscar both made everyone around them better in a Steve Nash kind of way, Lebron defenately does not.

adidas
04-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Jordan had poise, very few players nowadays have that. Take a look at Coach John Wooden's pyramid of success and every part of that pyramid Jordan had the best of. Nobody in todays NBA has the love and passion that the players had 10+ years ago. Its all about money and shoe deals. No one competes with the intensity that Jordan did in the days while he still played with the Bulls.

College bball will always be more interesting and entertaining to watch because they are all trying to make it into the NBA so they are all competative and fighting for something. Personally i think the NBA is garbage nowadays.

5hift
04-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Its all about money and shoe deals. No one competes with the intensity that Jordan did in the days while he still played with the Bulls.

Wade dislocated his shoulder and despite the team Dr's saying he needed surgery, he sucked up the pain, rehabilitated and postponed surgery til the summer. He already has the shoe deals, the millions and the championship ring. I was watching one of his first games back and despite having a cast and a bum shoulder, he was driving to the hoop and playing D harder than anyone else. There is still a few guys kicking in the league that are worth watching.

adidas
04-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

There is still a few guys kicking in the league that are worth watching.

out of 350 or so NBA players, maybe 5 of them play for the love of the game.

JordanAndrew
04-16-2007, 05:10 PM

Wade dislocated his shoulder and despite the team Dr's saying he needed surgery, he sucked up the pain, rehabilitated and postponed surgery til the summer. He already has the shoe deals, the millions and the championship ring. I was watching one of his first games back and despite having a cast and a bum shoulder, he was driving to the hoop and playing D harder than anyone else. There is still a few guys kicking in the league that are worth watching.

Agreed, Dwane Wade impresses me for the fact that he's not cocky about getting points, recognitions, a championship, etc. He is definitely one of the hardest working basketball in NBA right now.

I also like watching the Suns and Mavericks play because they actually use their team to win games, not just depending one a single player like a Lebron James or Kobe Bryant.

The biggest shock this year for me is the Raptors. Hard work pays off as I always say.

Roadrage
04-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Everyone hates on him, but in the league right now, Kobe is by far the most talented player in the league. He plays for a bad team and gets triple teamed most the game, yet he's dropping 50+ regularily.

50+ regularly shouldn't be too hard to achieve when you take 40+ shots a game (usually about half or more of the teams total shots).

eblend
04-24-2007, 08:39 AM
like some others have stated, i stopped watching nba when jordan left. Its amazing how you can love the game so much one day and stop watching the next. Jorday was by far the best player to ever play the game, its all downhill from here I think. I haven't watched an NBA game since that allstar game (his last ever) where he had the big shot to put the his team up in the last few seconds of the game, yet some asshole tied it and put in into OT and then won in OT, killing Jordans perfect final shot of his career (in an allstar game)

Isaiah
04-24-2007, 09:16 AM
It's a good montage but the music is annoying as hell. "Love is wearing a new pair every day" @ 3:24 was just retarded.

5hift
04-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Roadrage

50+ regularly shouldn't be too hard to achieve when you take 40+ shots a game (usually about half or more of the teams total shots).

For one stretch this season, the other 4 guys starting with Bryant were: Smush Parker, Luke Walkton, Andrew Bynum and Kwame Brown. With these guys as his teamates I'm surprised Bryant didnt put up more shots.

5hift
04-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by eblend
like some others have stated, i stopped watching nba when jordan left. Its amazing how you can love the game so much one day and stop watching the next. Jorday was by far the best player to ever play the game, its all downhill from here I think. I haven't watched an NBA game since that allstar game (his last ever) where he had the big shot to put the his team up in the last few seconds of the game, yet some asshole tied it and put in into OT and then won in OT, killing Jordans perfect final shot of his career (in an allstar game)

If you lose love for the game because one player leaves, I find it hard to believe you actually had any interest to start off. More likely, like most people you were just caught up in the millions of jumpman ads like the majority of people. Jordan was one of the best dont get me wrong. But his best years came when the NBA was at its weakest. All the big men were dying out and all the superstar guards we have now were still in highschool.

I think everyone is putting Jordan on too high of a pedastal. Am I the only one that remembers the Bulls in their prime getting knocked out of the playoffs by a young Shaq and a guy named Penny Hardaway? Does no one remember the Bulls were a joke until other guys like Pippen and Paxton showed up to take some pressure off Jordan? For all the scoring titles, MVPs, and championships Jordan has, there are several NBA players who can one up him in any of these catagories.

Roadrage
04-24-2007, 10:38 AM

For one stretch this season, the other 4 guys starting with Bryant were: Smush Parker, Luke Walkton, Andrew Bynum and Kwame Brown. With these guys as his teamates I'm surprised Bryant didnt put up more shots.

If you think those 4 are as good as on court spectators, why not just grab Larry, Curly, Moe, and the homeless guy down the street and put them out there and he'd look like a demigod.

Kobe would take 90% of the teams shots if he could. He just needs the other 4 to run some interference and distraction. He is one of the greatest talents today...just not a "team player" in a team sport.

JordanAndrew
04-24-2007, 11:22 PM

If you lose love for the game because one player leaves, I find it hard to believe you actually had any interest to start off. More likely, like most people you were just caught up in the millions of jumpman ads like the majority of people. Jordan was one of the best dont get me wrong. But his best years came when the NBA was at its weakest. All the big men were dying out and all the superstar guards we have now were still in highschool.

I think everyone is putting Jordan on too high of a pedastal. Am I the only one that remembers the Bulls in their prime getting knocked out of the playoffs by a young Shaq and a guy named Penny Hardaway? Does no one remember the Bulls were a joke until other guys like Pippen and Paxton showed up to take some pressure off Jordan? For all the scoring titles, MVPs, and championships Jordan has, there are several NBA players who can one up him in any of these catagories.

I fell in love with the game just because of Michael Jordan. To me, he was the main character in NBA. So wouldn't it be natural to lose interests if the main character left the game? It just seems natural. Jordan made basketball interesting and exciting to watch. He set solid cornerstones that players of today are still trying to beat.

I personally think Jordan's best years was his last 3 years in Chicago. His 2nd three-peat championship was a lot harder to achieve than his first three-peat. You're right, the early years when Michael Jordan was at his prime was weak, and this is why it was easy to gain all 3 championships.

His last 3 years in Chicago was when he perfected all his weaknesses such as his jump shot and defense. This is why I believe the perfect michael Jordan played in the last 3 years. Why? Because it wasn't all about the flair he was known for, it was also about being a team player, being a defensive player, being a leader in the coart. Just having that presence in the team will make any NBA player play better.

Remember how he made Scottie Pippen part of NBA's greatests player? Why? because Jordan made him play better. Look at how bad he played when he got out of chicago bulls, he was just terrible when he played the blazers.

This and many other factors makes Michael Jordan the best player that ever played in NBA. You can go ahead and ask, if you have a chance, ask any NBA player or NBA coach and they will just agree that he is the greatest player in NBA.

As for his jumpman adds, Nike, gatorade, and etc adds, doesn't that ring a bell that he's getting all these publicity because they also believe that he's the best in NBA history? I don't know about you but I don't see a Larry Bird shoe on the shelves. Not even a Magic Johnson sneakers.

Even after all these years, even after he retired from playing basketball, he still sells his shoes and he still gets adds and is still being talked about.

I did lose interests in watching the NBA but that doesn't mean I lost interests in playing the game.

menace3
05-10-2007, 11:55 AM
any air jordan collectors out there?