PDA

View Full Version : Oh Calgary...why?!

Synne
04-10-2007, 06:35 PM
I finally had a camera on hand when I parked at Mount Royal this afternoon for these beauty's.

I'm ashamed to say I'm a Calgarian car enthusiast when I see cars like these.

Please, if you own one of these two monstrosities...please just give me a break down of why you would do this.

Pull the trigger boom---> :'[.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3162.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3163.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3164.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3165.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3166.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3167.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3168.jpg

cleancivic
04-10-2007, 06:37 PM
love those old holes in the cav trunk....that would be some good leakage

Synne
04-10-2007, 06:37 PM
There was a silver lining to this day though.

After my classes I came out to the same parking lot to find this gorgeous thing.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3169aaa.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3170.jpg

This was reason enough to promote my faith in Calgary just enough to not go home and kill myself.

JordanAndrew
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
haha that cavalier is gonna take off soon. lol :rofl: :rofl:

JordanAndrew
04-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Synne
There was a silver lining to this day though.

After my classes I came out to the same parking lot to find this gorgeous thing.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3169aaa.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3170.jpg

This was reason enough to promote my faith in Calgary just enough to not go home and kill myself.

This car was done tastefully in my opinion. Looks clean. :thumbsup:

Canmorite
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
That Cavy is so typical.

Crymson
04-10-2007, 06:53 PM
that 240 is 4 different colours. It was probalby like the mx-3 up until he attacked it with some spray bombs.

Synne
04-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
that 240 is 4 different colours. It was probalby like the mx-3 up until he attacked it with some spray bombs.

Not at all...
I only noticed the discoloration in the picture, in person I didn't notice a thing. Probably my flash.

Crymson
04-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Weird, the pic makes it look really pieced together.

kaput
04-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Synne
04-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by kaput
I like the concept on the 240. Instead of putting spark plugs in the exhaust to make it look like a jet, just drag it on the ground! Simple yet elegant!

Ya the only thing I took a second glance at on the 180 was the exhaust system...but it is mounted properly so I can't complain.

I like how ppl are ashamed to admit to a car that looks done right...

I like how you guys are attacking the 180 over the three piece menace and the jet plane cav.

Like I said...Oh Calgary...why?

Jackc
04-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I can't believe the 180 got more criticism than those 2 "things" haha

Personally I think the 180 looks good :dunno:

Aleks
04-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't be caught dead in any of those cars in the year 2007.

That Nissan doesn't look any better than the cavalier but that's just my opinion. Teh wing is just as bad as the massive exhaust.

Crymson
04-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

QFT.

They all look like HS kid's cars, the 240, is mabey a hs kid with some money.

JordanAndrew
04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
I didn't quite notice the 3 different colors of the nissan, but if it was painted properly then I'd say it's not bad. :dunno:

ctruo
04-10-2007, 07:34 PM
haha I saw that hurting beige caviler before! Man for real, you cannot make that more gay than it already is!

Jackc
04-10-2007, 07:35 PM
That Nissan doesn't look any better than the cavalier but that's just my opinion. Teh wing is just as bad as the massive exhaust.
The 180 has massive exhaust because it has the turbo to back it up. (Assuming this because its JDM.) I'm saying this because I wouldn't make fun of a cavy with a 3" exhaust if it was boosted too, but more than likely that one was not.

Jackc
04-10-2007, 07:38 PM
I guess I'm just sticking up for it since I drive an S13 hahaha. Oh well, to each their own I guess. :rolleyes:

calgarys13
04-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Crymson

QFT.

They all look like HS kid's cars, the 240, is mabey a hs kid with some money.

Wait till every high school kid with 10k if driving an FD...your fd is most likely just as old as that 180

Crymson
04-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Sure thing, but it will never look like that.

I'm not knocking the vehicle nissan produced, i'm knocking THAT vehicle. Having a bunch of cheezed out FD's roaming the streets will only make mine look better.

I'm not saying the 240 is as bad as those other two -- they're an affront to anyone's taste, but it's not good either. I'm sorry, i guess i just have high standards.

Synne
04-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I can't believe you guys.

Haha wow, I guess looks are truly in the eye of the beholder.

...but to say that the 180SX is in league with those other cars, you're off your rocker.

That S13 is pretty damn clean and none flashy at all IMO.

CivicDXR
04-10-2007, 07:50 PM
should've left the door pillar black instead of red on the 180... would flow much better IMO...

as for the other two machines... :barf:

LuxCars
04-10-2007, 07:52 PM
i don't understand why people still keep trying to mod cavaliers and sunfires,

doesn't an infinite amount of criticism and insults mean anything to any of them. No matter how hard you try, its still a cavalier.

SR240SX
04-10-2007, 07:58 PM
damn nice 180sx

Dayclone
04-10-2007, 08:04 PM
I finally had a camera on hand when I parked at Mount Royal this afternoon for these beauty's.

Please, if you own one of these two monstrosities...please just give me a break down of why you would do this.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3163.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3164.jpg

This would be my friends car.... he works with me at The Keg, and not only that but I know him personally.... WoW what a small world and I agree with you! He's takin it to Screamin Paintworks maybe to get the front bumper on and painted.

Steve

ca18det240sx
04-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I see that precidia every time i go to canadian tire......THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU, PAINT THAT THING.

as for the cavalier....you should be ashamed of youself...posting pictures of cars in front of the special school. BAD!

l8braker
04-10-2007, 08:17 PM
hawt

Toms-SC
04-10-2007, 08:41 PM
All rice.

Nice wheels, the 80's called...

benyl
04-10-2007, 08:56 PM

:werd:

The Nissan looks like the MX-3 with paint. 5 different colors of paint. I betting the guy was cheap and got the kit painted off the car and then just installed it. I mean, WTF is with the white and orange side markers on the front bumper? And the slotted fender? F&F much? The wheels are the wrong size or the wrong offset... They don't sit correctly in the wheelwell.

The Cavy can't help himself and the MX3... well let's not say anything about that.

jdmXSI
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
The 180 is pretty clean! The paint does look fadded though, I have a friend whos trying to mod his sunfire, I still find it kinda funny. IMO, Sunfires and Cavaliers just dont look right even with kits and what not!:confused:

Synne
04-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by benyl

:werd:

The Nissan looks like the MX-3 with paint. 5 different colors of paint. I betting the guy was cheap and got the kit painted off the car and then just installed it. I mean, WTF is with the white and orange side markers on the front bumper? And the slotted fender? F&F much? The wheels are the wrong size or the wrong offset... They don't sit correctly in the wheelwell.

The Cavy can't help himself and the MX3... well let's not say anything about that.

K I'm not trying to defend the guy here, but read what I said.

I took the photo's and THE COLOUR ON HIS CAR MATCHES PERFECTLY IN PERSON. My camera's flash does this to lots of cars.

What are the different side markers...wow, you obviously know sh** all about importing vehicles...actually most ppl know about the same.

Those side markers are the legal standard that need to be put on to fully comply with CVSE.

GT-R's are supposed to have the same type of things done.

The kicker is, in Alberta most shops will let you go without them.

So props to this guy for taking the time to be 100% street legal.

As for your comment on the wheels...look at the pic a little more closely and you'll notice that the car has been lowered in the rear.

See the difference in the wheel gaps from front to back?

So I think it is safe to say that either coils are installed or at least aftermarket something.

If you knew what you were talking about before you jumped on the "let's hate on a nice car" bandwagon you'd learn to think before you speak or in this case...type.

The wheels are Volk Racing wheels...and if you're calling those outdated, then wow...

Also in the one pic you can notice a spacer was used for the wheel size...with all that work being done, there wasnt any "mistaking" fitment on this car.

I'm sorry, but seriously, read the whole thread before you jump ok??

Thanks...jesus, I don't even know the guy who owns this car and yet I want to shake his hand, especially when there are beyond.ca a**holes the likes of you guys around to criticize someone who put together a clean ride to try and avoid this exact type of crap.

He could have very easily went the "hardcore ricer" way, but he didnt.

IntegraG2
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
^^^^ and the nissan defender arrives....

+1 for all of them being of the ghey but thats just my opinion....but hey my painted side skirts dont match perfectly either....

EK 2.0
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Look you muthafuckers....I put a LOT of fucking work into my Cavy...so fuck all you haterz...you don't know what fucking coolnezz is if it fucked you all in the ass...

so fuck all of you...I would like you see pics of your piles...fuck this site is bullshit...all you cocksuckers are so quick to judge other people...

fuckers...

:D

ercchry
04-10-2007, 09:46 PM

[snipe] Those side markers are the legal standard that need to be put on to fully comply with CVSE.

[sinpe]The wheels are Volk Racing wheels...and if you're calling those outdated, then wow...

Also in the one pic you can notice a spacer was used for the wheel size...with all that work being done, there wasnt any "mistaking" fitment on this car.

ok so if in fact you must have the different side markers, why not replace the old ones?

also who cares who makes the wheels they ARE old school

and if he is using spacers and the wheels are still sunken then maybe its time to trade up to something that does not have a fwd offset

but besides that i dont mined how it looks, and who cares? its probably just a drift slut anyway and i hope i see it out at a few events this year

jdmXSI
04-10-2007, 10:05 PM
:drama: :drama: :drama: hahaha, i guess theres no reason to hate on anyones car for what they have done to it,If its what they wanted, then so be it!

LuxCars
04-10-2007, 10:14 PM
uh oh.

jdm_jspec
04-10-2007, 10:18 PM
lol oh the poor mx-3

euro_racer
04-10-2007, 10:25 PM
i love how threads like this allways end up with the people who have the same car as the subject car allways defend it no matter how ugly it looks (ex: nissan ppl defending the 180):thumbsup:

IMO im not digging that 180 or any of the cars in the pictures at all, and whats up with the fenders?

ercchry
04-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
IMO im not digging that 180 or any of the cars in the pictures at all, and whats up with the fenders?

:rolleyes:

http://www.origin-lab.com/o180f.php

and i dont even have a s13 anymore... :guns:

bluetek
04-10-2007, 10:39 PM
haha love the pics. ive seen that mx-3 around the southeast before. Man oh man the pics dont even do justice on how bad it actually looks in person and how bad the fitment is, and well i could go on and on. :drama:

He needs alot more work then getting his car painted at screamin!!

euro_racer
04-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

:rolleyes:

http://www.origin-lab.com/o180f.php

and i dont even have a s13 anymore... :guns:

...so what is your purpose with that link? im just giving you my opinion and i still think its ugly :dunno:

and "anymore" is the key word ;)

ercchry
04-10-2007, 10:46 PM

...so what is your purpose with that link? im just giving you my opinion and i still think its ugly :dunno:

and "anymore" is the key word ;)

well maybe if you clicked the link or knew anything about that company you would know that they are not cheap and that they are overfenders and that all of there overfenders have vents

modded46
04-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone

This would be my friends car.... he works with me at The Keg, and not only that but I know him personally.... WoW what a small world and I agree with you! He's takin it to Screamin Paintworks maybe to get the front bumper on and painted.

Steve

Dude that should be taken to Pick n Pull not a paint shop

:eek:

bspot
04-10-2007, 11:27 PM

well maybe if you clicked the link or knew anything about that company you would know that they are not cheap and that they are overfenders and that all of there overfenders have vents

"Expensive" doesn't mean "not ugly", nor does it mean "not gay".

modded46
04-10-2007, 11:28 PM

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/Menteith/DSCF3168.jpg

nothing says hot quite like Florida Buick Senior Citizen Gold

benyl
04-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Synne the 180 Fanboy

I took the photo's and THE COLOUR ON HIS CAR MATCHES PERFECTLY IN PERSON. My camera's flash does this to lots of cars.

Then your eyes are broken. Simple fact is that a camera lens with pick up irregularities that the naked eye can't see. I bet if you put on some polarized sunglasses when looking at that car, you would see the 5 different colors I am seeing on my screen.

What are the different side markers...wow, you obviously know sh** all about importing vehicles...actually most ppl know about the same.

snip ...

So props to this guy for taking the time to be 100% street legal.

I could give two shits about importing a 15 year old car. Legal, smeagle. That exhaust is Illegal. So, what... this guy doesn't want to get a ticket for his side marker, but is willing to get one for his exhaust? Which do you think he will be pulled over for? A clean car, by my definition, would have shaved the reflector instead of adding another one!

As for your comment on the wheels...look at the pic a little more closely and you'll notice that the car has been lowered in the rear.

See the difference in the wheel gaps from front to back?

So I think it is safe to say that either coils are installed or at least aftermarket something.

If you knew what you were talking about before you jumped on the "let's hate on a nice car" bandwagon you'd learn to think before you speak or in this case...type.

Aftermarket something? If he had coilovers, why would he not have set the gap equal both front and back? uh... maybe cause he got some springs that only lowered his car an inch... I guess I am on the bandwagon.

The wheels are Volk Racing wheels...and if you're calling those outdated, then wow...

I'm sorry, but seriously, read the whole thread before you jump ok??

Firstly, if you read the whole thread, you might have noticed that I did not say the wheels are outdated. I said they did not fit correctly. Now, the simple fact that he is using a spacer suggest what? THEY DON'T FIT.

Thanks...jesus, I don't even know the guy who owns this car and yet I want to shake his hand, especially when there are beyond.ca a**holes the likes of you guys around to criticize someone who put together a clean ride to try and avoid this exact type of crap.

He could have very easily went the "hardcore ricer" way, but he didnt.

If it was clean, don't you think the majority of the posters in this thread would have said: "woah, clean 180."

Honda_002
04-10-2007, 11:37 PM
I dont care what anyone says bodykits dont belong on mx'3's because everyone they make is ugggly:barf:
stock exterior ftw

stevo 27
04-10-2007, 11:42 PM
wow i thought the 180 was ok but i guess i was wrong
the other 2 monstrositys make me sick but anywho im not
puttin picks of my car anywere damn thered be nothin but hate
hahaha

a social dsease
04-10-2007, 11:51 PM
bahahaha this thread is hilarious. I think the 180 looks nice, and I'm pretty sure that everyone who is hatin on it is just jealous :drama:

kaput
04-11-2007, 12:03 AM

finboy
04-11-2007, 12:06 AM
not a fan of any of them honestly :thumbsdow

BerserkerCatSplat
04-11-2007, 12:15 AM

Just from looking at those (and the EXIF data confirms it), no flash was used in those pictures at all. The paint just doesn't match, end of story.

Also, the exhaust is heinously oversized and probably sounds like shit. And the wheels are ugly.

But hey, his money, his shit.

jdmXSI
04-11-2007, 12:21 AM
This tread is awsome!:rofl:

Synne
04-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by kaput

I think everyone who likes it is just poor :dunno:

Wow...ya sorry to say but he could have gone much poorer...much much much poorer.

Then your eyes are broken. Simple fact is that a camera lens with pick up irregularities that the naked eye can't see. I bet if you put on some polarized sunglasses when looking at that car, you would see the 5 different colors I am seeing on my screen.

I could give two shits about importing a 15 year old car. Legal, smeagle. That exhaust is Illegal. So, what... this guy doesn't want to get a ticket for his side marker, but is willing to get one for his exhaust? Which do you think he will be pulled over for? A clean car, by my definition, would have shaved the reflector instead of adding another one!

Aftermarket something? If he had coilovers, why would he not have set the gap equal both front and back? uh... maybe cause he got some springs that only lowered his car an inch... I guess I am on the bandwagon.

Firstly, if you read the whole thread, you might have noticed that I did not say the wheels are outdated. I said they did not fit correctly. Now, the simple fact that he is using a spacer suggest what? THEY DON'T FIT.

If it was clean, don't you think the majority of the posters in this thread would have said: "woah, clean 180."

Let's get down to the basics, spacers and the camber setting on the wheels are pretty obvious.

Now you know what that's used for generally?

Someone here already mentioned it...drifting.

At least most often.

So you get an A+ for ALMOST having a little teeny bitty bit of sense to what you're talking about...but maybe better luck next time.

Photography now, ok, let's look at the first pic of the car from the left side...and the tinge isnt nearly as noticeable as on the right side...so does that mean that he painted them seperately...no...becuz he's "POOR" remember :rolleyes:

So what does that mean...it means that the CAMERA PICKED UP A DIFFERENT COLOUR TINGE DURING THE PICTURE.

I'm no camera friendly man at all and I even figured that one out.

And I took it!!! I should know!...you a complete dumba** or what!?

The wheel gap I would wager was purposefully done...and it looks fine...I've seen cars lowered in all different dimensions and you know what...it comes down to PERSONAL PREFERENCE...and when it comes down to that...there is no right or wrong...simply individual preference.

The wheels I'm not a fan of, but they are Volk Racing wheels and they aren't exactly cheap...

...they weren't "daily specials" they were definitely put on with thought...now is it any of our right to say they look like SH**...maybe! but that just screams "Hey I hate your car becuz I'm a car a**hole" ...and Calgary seems to have it's share of those around.

I love so many cars it's not even fair...becuz my wallet doesn't permit it.

That's ok, we need "a**hole-random-car-hating-except-my-own-car-that-is-cuz-I-drive-the-best-SH**-ever" guys like you...you make it easy for true CAR enthusiasts to label you.

Sharpie
04-11-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Just from looking at those (and the EXIF data confirms it), no flash was used in those pictures at all. The paint just doesn't match, end of story.

Also, the exhaust is heinously oversized and probably sounds like shit. And the wheels are ugly.
:rofl: Wow dude says the paint matches and all of you go against him saying it doesn't :banghead:

Synne
04-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

:rofl: Wow dude says the paint matches and all of you go against him saying it doesn't :banghead:

Ya I must have forgotten that I was colour blind.

Thanks for reminding me guys.

BerserkerCatSplat
04-11-2007, 12:26 AM

It's OK, not much you can do about that.

IntegraG2
04-11-2007, 12:30 AM
synne go drift into a pole......:thumbsup:

Sharpie
04-11-2007, 12:31 AM

Thanks for reminding me guys.

Color blind?!? I was thinking more blind... Any chance your name Stevy Wonder?

Synne
04-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

It's OK, not much you can do about that.

I'm also Flash blind...can you prescribe medication?

Originally posted by IntegraG2
synne go drift into a pole......:thumbsup:

I can't I'm stuck on 4WD without any money or sense to pull the plug and go RWD.

:nut:

Synne
04-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

Color blind?!? I was thinking more blind... Any chance your name Stevy Wonder?

Thanks America 2-0

Chopstix
04-11-2007, 12:41 AM
two things i have seen in this thread i couldnt hate more.... unpainted body kits that bairly fit (ebay cheap specail) and stupid GT wings on FWD cars with no power. it the car is on the track pushing 300+ to the wheels i can see a wing like that haveing purpose but on a cavy/civic/integra/sunfire/you get the point there is no purpose other then a failed attempt to look cool and attract attention.... FOR EXAMPLE

the fricking red sunfire/cavi (i didnt get a good enough look) with a GT wing, hood scoop, decal job. etc is a complete rice machine and has nothing to back it all up... pure RICE (Race Inspired Cosmetic Effects) that look teh ghey\

IBTHERANT/

bluetek
04-11-2007, 12:42 AM

I'm also Flash blind...can you prescribe medication?

I can't I'm stuck on 4WD without any money or sense to pull the plug and go RWD.

Buddy just admit its your car you attention seeking whore!!!:D

finboy
04-11-2007, 12:45 AM

you know what...it comes down to PERSONAL PREFERENCE...and when it comes down to that...there is no right or wrong...simply individual preference.

so the guy in the precidia and cavalier aren't alloweed to have personal preference on how they mod their car, but the s13 is exempt because every trend whore is hopping all over them?

The wheels I'm not a fan of, but they are Volk Racing wheels and they aren't exactly cheap...

http://www.importconcern.ca/parts/ilist.php?item_id=2
$540

http://www.importconcern.ca/parts/ilist.php?item_id=147
$640

http://www.importconcern.ca/parts/ilist.php?item_id=152
$900

http://www.importconcern.ca/parts/ilist.php?item_id=1
$900

not exactly breaking the bank for "RARE EXPENSIVE JDM WHEELS"

http://www.importconcern.ca/parts/list.php?cat_id=10
there are plenty more just to show how "EXPENSIVE" old school jdm wheels are.

Synne
04-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by bluetek

Buddy just admit its your car you attention seeking whore!!!:D

Sorry what!?

K, ya it is my 180SX! You got me!

I'm not a fan of my wheels, I also dunno if I did the suspension right, but j00 caught me!

...:dunno: :dunno:

Originally posted by finboy

so the guy in the precidia and cavalier aren't alloweed to have personal preference on how they mod their car, but the s13 is exempt because every trend whore is hopping all over them?

http://www.importconcern.ca/parts/ilist.php?item_id=2
$540

http://www.importconcern.ca/parts/ilist.php?item_id=147
$640

http://www.importconcern.ca/parts/ilist.php?item_id=152
$900

http://www.importconcern.ca/parts/ilist.php?item_id=1
$900

not exactly breaking the bank for "RARE EXPENSIVE JDM WHEELS"

http://www.importconcern.ca/parts/list.php?cat_id=10
there are plenty more just to show how "EXPENSIVE" old school jdm wheels are.

Good call...let me go get the prices for what the new ones sell for then i'll post them up and we can compare.

While I'm at it I'll go get some random Ferrari used wheels and say "pffft cheap wheels! check out the price!"

:thumbsdow

finboy
04-11-2007, 01:06 AM

Good call...let me go get the prices for what the new ones sell for then i'll post them up and we can compare.

While I'm at it I'll go get some random Ferrari used wheels and say "pffft cheap wheels! check out the price!"

:thumbsdow

considering those are very old wheels, the price of used rims of a similar era DO accuratly reflect upon this situation.

bluetek
04-11-2007, 01:21 AM
get a clue man and take a joke. the reason i said it is because it comes off like your defending the car to everyone for the sake of your life, and are oblivious to the fact that the colors dont match.

Synne
04-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by bluetek
get a clue man and take a joke. the reason i said it is because it comes off like your defending the car to everyone for the sake of your life, and are oblivious to the fact that the colors dont match.

Honestly man, when I took the pic I didnt notice any colour tinge!

The reason I'm getting aggrivated is cuz it was my picture!!!! MINE!!! :cry:

...and I know I couldn't operate a camera to save my life...but damnit I don't want others to know that...:whipped:

...and ya I like the car...I like the look...it is very clean and tasteful I think...I think this is what I mentioned in a different thread about Calgary S13's being very tastefully done all round.

bluetek
04-11-2007, 01:34 AM
ok fair enough. do this though. go back and look at the pics. can you honestly not notice a difference between the front fender and rear bumper (most noticable) to the rest of the body?

Maybe the pics are decieving, but its unlikely and you gotta see where people are coming from.

Out of the 3 cars you snapped. I liked the Nissan the best if it counts for anything.

ercchry
04-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by bspot

"Expensive" doesn't mean "not ugly", nor does it mean "not gay".

they are origin over fenders!!!! since when is that gay?

i just dont see how anyone that drives a cobalt can call something gay, come on your car from factory has even worst build quality than that s13, i would say its closer to the cavalier, you know a fwd gm econo box with a large over sized wing on the back? :guns: :guns:

finboy
04-11-2007, 07:43 AM

i just dont see how anyone that drives a cobalt can call something gay, come on your car from factory has even worst build quality than that s13, i would say its closer to the cavalier, you know a fwd gm econo box with a large over sized wing on the back? :guns: :guns:

having friends with both s13's, and cobalt ss's, i'd give quality to the cobalt honestly :dunno:

as per fenders, it really doesn't look like he needs wider fenders for those rims

sputnik
04-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Dayclone

Steve

I thought I saw that heap parked by the Keg on 130th.

benoir
04-11-2007, 07:52 AM
I've got an MX3 my god why would you do this? WTF is the fonr tbumper going to look like??? :barf:

[/B]

benyl
04-11-2007, 09:38 AM

Dude, get off the band wagon. Nissan has never been known for build quality. Take the wool off your eyes.

benyl
04-11-2007, 09:57 AM

Wow...ya sorry to say but he could have gone much poorer...much much much poorer.

Let's get down to the basics, spacers and the camber setting on the wheels are pretty obvious.

Now you know what that's used for generally?

Someone here already mentioned it...drifting.

At least most often.

So you get an A+ for ALMOST having a little teeny bitty bit of sense to what you're talking about...but maybe better luck next time.

Reading pwns you. Go back to school and take some reading comprehension.

FUCK man. I have never once said the wheels are cheap or that I didn't like them... READ the fucking thread. I said they are the wrong offset and don't fill the fucking fenders correctly.

You get an F for reading.

Photography now, ok, let's look at the first pic of the car from the left side...and the tinge isnt nearly as noticeable as on the right side...so does that mean that he painted them seperately...no...becuz he's "POOR" remember :rolleyes:

So what does that mean...it means that the CAMERA PICKED UP A DIFFERENT COLOUR TINGE DURING THE PICTURE.

I'm no camera friendly man at all and I even figured that one out.

And I took it!!! I should know!...you a complete dumba** or what!?

Quite clearly, you don't know how to use a camera. You didn't use the flash. So quite blaming the camera. The simple fact is the car is different colors. As I have said before, next time, look at the car with polarized sunglasses and you will see the different colors.

This has nothing to do with photography. If you want me to comment on your composition, I will be happy to do that. We are talking about optics. You eyes cannot obviously discern the color variation in the paint. It isn't your fault. Some people can see rainbows on DLP TVs. It isn't their fault either.

The camera picked up the different color "tinge" as you call it because it is there. It isn't like the camera decides, oh, I want the rear bumper to be darker than the kit and the body to be a different color... oh wait, the handle on the door should be a different color too. No, unlike you, I know the camera cannot make these decisions and thus, the car is a bunch of different shades of Red.

The wheel gap I would wager was purposefully done...and it looks fine...I've seen cars lowered in all different dimensions and you know what...it comes down to PERSONAL PREFERENCE...and when it comes down to that...there is no right or wrong...simply individual preference.

Dude, you brought up the wheel gap by saying he had coil overs. I could care less about his wheel gap.

Most Volk wheels are cookie cutter. They aren't custom made, for the most part, and thus are not nearly as expensive as you make them out to be.

...they weren't "daily specials" they were definitely put on with thought...now is it any of our right to say they look like SH**...maybe! but that just screams "Hey I hate your car becuz I'm a car a**hole" ...and Calgary seems to have it's share of those around.

With thought? Fuck, the dude probably bought the car with them on. They are probably the wheels that came on the car from the auction. You apparently don't know the guy, but you sure seem to know what the guy is thinking about everything.

I love so many cars it's not even fair...becuz my wallet doesn't permit it.

That's ok, we need "a**hole-random-car-hating-except-my-own-car-that-is-cuz-I-drive-the-best-SH**-ever" guys like you...you make it easy for true CAR enthusiasts to label you.

You want to see a tasteful s13 that was in Calgary:
http://www.portscan.ca/blog/archives/bwog050704.jpg

Synne
04-11-2007, 10:21 AM
...and that's just my point, maybe the cam picked up that we can't see...cuz I didn't see anything wrong with the cars colour.

If the tinge was evident, in person it was so light that it didn't matter.

Cookie cutters, ok, right, that would explain why Volk's are some of the highest quality wheels in the world...cuz they are basically slapped together...some of their wheels types may not be custom made..but to say they are cookie cutters is moronic.

I'm saying he has a non factory camber setting, non stock wheels, and added spacers...there is nothing wrong with them, and they are not the INCORRECT or WRONG offset/size/anything if that is what he meant to do.

I know a lot of S13's and I know a lot of things you can do to an S13...and this car wasnt done with the cheapest/quickest/easiest parts...that says something.

euro_racer
04-11-2007, 10:52 AM

again i know what origin is known for and i know they are the choice of bodykits and such when it comes to jdm cars such as the s13. but still i dont think you are reading our posts right, it may be a good brand and expencive but we still think it looks ugly....what you are saying would be like the average honda guy going on the mugen webpage and buying the ugliest spoiler or what ever just because it is mugen lol

my point is, i dont care if it is made by ferrari for nissan with some of the best and most expencive material known to manking, to me it looks off and ugly and i did say that IMO :dunno:

...im not trying to argue with anyone here i am just stating that i do not like eather of those cars and the fenders of the 180 and there is no website you can post up that will make me change my mind :rofl:

IntegraG2
04-11-2007, 10:58 AM

again i know what origin is known for and i know they are the choice of bodykits and such when it comes to jdm cars such as the s13. but still i dont think you are reading our posts right, it may be a good brand and expencive but we still think it looks ugly....what you are saying would be like the average honda guy going on the mugen webpage and buying the ugliest spoiler or what ever just because it is mugen lol

my point is, i dont care if it is made by ferrari for nissan with some of the best and most expencive material known to manking, to me it looks off and ugly and i did say that IMO :dunno:

...im not trying to argue with anyone here i am just stating that i do not like eather of those cars and the fenders of the 180 and there is no website you can post up that will make me change my mind :rofl:

well said......maybe synne shouldnt post pictures of cars that he doesnt want criticized simple as that.....everyones opinion is different live with it....

Hoey
04-11-2007, 11:22 AM
I see that MX3 on the way to canadian tire too, every time I see it I feel like swerving the car into it. IT FUCKING DRIVES ME NUTS!

About J-Body's.....You guys already know my stand on those.

As for that 180, yes sorry GTRguy the color doesnt fuckin match. but its not bad, I dont like the exhaust, I agree that the red part of the roof shouldve stayed black. Other than that its nice, I personally like the wheels, but I just love old school Japanese looks. Get it repainted a nice dark green, or dark blue, change exhaust, and sink it even more.:thumbsup:

bspot
04-11-2007, 12:37 PM

i just dont see how anyone that drives a cobalt can call something gay , come on your car from factory has even worst build quality than that s13, i would say its closer to the cavalier, you know a fwd gm econo box with a large over sized wing on the back? :guns: :guns:

It goes a little something like this: You're gay.

Thats how someone who drives a cobalt can call something gay.

And your right, its a Cavalier with a big wing. Its pretty much the same thing as the gold Cavalier in this thread. So?

finboy
04-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by bspot

It goes a little something like this: You're gay.

Thats how someone who drives a cobalt can call something gay.

And your right, its a Cavalier with a big wing. Its pretty much the same thing as the gold Cavalier in this thread. So?

didn't you get the memo man? if its not a nissan, its not worth driving, because only nissan's are reliable, fast, and look hot even when they paint is mis-matched and the wheels look like they are off of a 1986 mazda mini-truck :bigpimp:

Crymson
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Those wheels on the 180 are volk racing C ultras, i bet you could get a set for 500$

bspot
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by finboy

didn't you get the memo man? if its not a nissan, its not worth driving, because only nissan's are reliable, fast, and look hot even when they paint is mis-matched and the wheels look like they are off of a 1986 mazda mini-truck :bigpimp:

3 spokes are cleaner than 5 spokes homie. Remember, the less spokes the cleaner. Thats why those clear rims are next on this guys list.

mdeleon
04-17-2007, 04:03 PM
i dont see the pic of the 180/240 everyones talking about, i wanna see it.

bluetek
04-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Maybe he took it off because he didnt like all the criticism his car was getting. lol jk :rofl:

mdeleon
04-17-2007, 04:14 PM
seems like it

403Gemini
04-18-2007, 11:39 PM

Dude, get off the band wagon. Nissan has never been known for build quality. Take the wool off your eyes.

I was gonna say something.... but you already said it :thumbsup:

crazydude
04-29-2007, 05:31 PM
HAHAHAHAAHA i love it when these tool boxes put spoliers on front wheel drive cars. Makes me laugh.

Evolize
04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
http://www.hotwheelz.ca/Daves/rolling2.jpg
No spoiler ftw!

Daan
06-22-2007, 03:34 PM
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4530/2905071249or6.jpg

C4S
06-22-2007, 03:43 PM
come on !!

we need some POS in this city ..

Not jsut only FERRARI FERRARI .. PORSCHE PORSCHE !!!

:rofl:

MackDawg
06-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Evolize
http://www.hotwheelz.ca/Daves/rolling2.jpg
No spoiler ftw!

cavalier ftl!

Euro_Trash
06-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Someone get pics of the s13 in question back up