PDA

View Full Version : Getting a car with the wrong colour

ICEBERG
04-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi guy's

Lets say the new car you ordered has just come in after 7 months wait. But there is one problem. It is not the color you ordered. And you don't like the color. There was a mixup with the paper work. Dealer will offer you full refund on your deposit because there is another buyer intersted if you decide to back out. What whould you do?

Cheers,

QuasarCav
04-11-2007, 04:25 PM
A. Learn to like the new color.

B. Take the cash and wait longer or find another car.

E46..sTyLez
04-11-2007, 04:26 PM
What kind of car are we talking about....and what colour is it?

hjr
04-11-2007, 04:26 PM
if you dont like the color, dont buy it. not too tough. if you like the car, renegotiate and try for a better deal (though could be a long wait again).

nj2Type-S
04-11-2007, 04:27 PM
i say take option B as per QuaserCav!

sorry to hear about your misfortune, though! 7 months of waiting for nothing...damn...

lilmira
04-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Do you want to pay for something in a colour that you hate?

Either wait for the one you like or look for alternative.

ICEBERG
04-11-2007, 04:32 PM
The color ordered was Sprint Blue. The car came in is Silver.

CivicTunr
04-11-2007, 04:34 PM
what kind of car?

ICEBERG
04-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by CivicTunr
what kind of car?

AUDI RS4

Thaco
04-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG

AUDI RS4

if you're spending that kind of cash, I'd say make sure you get what you want.

RaptorGJC
04-11-2007, 04:44 PM
RS4 = :thumbsup:

On a car like that, I would want the color to be right. Waiting or looking for another one would get my vote.

Orbie
04-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Audi RS4 makes sense. If I was dropping that kind of coin on the car, it better be exactly what I wanted. I would hold off for the car you want to come in. The color on the car I have now wasn't my first pick and to tell you the truth, I don't feel entirely satisfied when I drive it because of it. Just doesn't feel complete..

acura_el
04-11-2007, 04:46 PM
have the dealer cut u a deal for screwing up the colour...i'm assuming he probably wont since there's someone else interested though

lilmira
04-11-2007, 04:49 PM
The silver looks so boring.

The sprint blue is beautiful. Wait for it.

teggypimp95
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah if we were talking something simple or cheaper id say wait, but an rs4 oh boy, i would want it just how i ordered it. Haven them re order it in the right color, and make sure you get some compensation. Ordering the car in the right color is not a hard task. Make sure you get some good coin off or have them 3m, tint or what ever else if u havent already gotten that.

ICEBERG
04-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Here is the Original Post on this.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/142510/audi-rs4-/

shynepho
04-11-2007, 05:13 PM

AUDI RS4

damnnn...silver looks good but Sprint Blue :hitit:

if u do decide to go with the silver ask for some sort of discount or something

max_boost
04-11-2007, 05:28 PM
DAMNNNN

That totally sucks.

So what now? When is the next allocation? RS4=:bigpimp:

ICEBERG
04-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Had the phone call from the dealer this morning. My sales rep. told me the car has come in but there was a problem. I thought they hit the car or scratched it or something. But the sales rep. said no it is worse. He told me it was the wrong color. I went up to the dealer at my lunch hour to take a look. I really did not like the Silver.

The dealer and my sales rep. was really nice about the whole thing. They knew i was really chocked but HEY!!! what can you do... $hit happens. Now i might move on and look for something else depending on what is the wait time for the Blue RS4. Will be back their tonight to make my decision with the wife.

Cheers,

LuxCars
04-11-2007, 05:31 PM
wait for it, down the road you'll be hitting yourself over the head cause you didn't wait a little while longer for the blue one.
also try to renegotiate a lower price for the inconvenience they caused, that should get you some compensation. (act really pissed, but don't be rude)

guessboi
04-11-2007, 05:44 PM
wait for it. silver is too plain!
do you know how long the next wait will be? :nut:
get the dealer to add in some extras for the mistake! :D

240SX17
04-11-2007, 06:01 PM
waitt for the one u want man, your paying alot of cash for the car, id wait

spyce
04-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Yea dude definitely dont get it if its not the color you wanted.
I was the same way when I got my car this past summer. Its tempting I know, especially after waiting 7 monhts (i thought my 3 months was killer) but you'll be more satisfied when you get exactly what you ordered!

ICEBERG
04-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Just got back from the dealer. We cancelled the order. :cry: Wife did not like the Silver on that car. If it came in Black i would have bought it, but NO to Silver. I think an older gentleman is buying the Silver one i got. You guy's will prob. see him driving around town in couple days. Bastard.:D

Anyways, got our deposit back. The Dealer will let me know if they find a Sprint Blue one anywhere in Canada. But in the mean time i will be looking around for something else. I'll keep you guy's updated if anything comes up. I am little chocked tonight after waiting this long but at least Spring is here and there are lot of fine cars still to choose from.

Cheers,

Sharpie
04-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Wow that is really shitty.. Also props to you for not throwing a bitch fit at the dealer. But that would of been one sexy car:drool:

sneek
04-11-2007, 08:40 PM
EDIT:NVM
for the record heres blue vs silver

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/184audi.jpg
VS red :poosie:
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/184audi8.jpg

Detailed by Jose Fernandez

ICEBERG
04-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Also props to you for not throwing a bitch fit at the dealer.

No man, I won't do that. That's not me. My sales rep. is a really cool guy, besides the mixup on the paper work was not his fault. The mixup happened at the factory. Like i said, $hit happens. I know if they found something for me they would compensate for what happened. Just bad luck on my part.

ICEBERG
04-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by sneek
dont take the colour Silver RS4's are fugly

I didn't take it.;)

me&you
04-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Just got back from the dealer. We cancelled the order. :cry: Wife did not like the Silver on that car. If it came in Black i would have bought it, but NO to Silver. I think an older gentleman is buying the Silver one i got. You guy's will prob. see him driving around town in couple days. Bastard.:D

Anyways, got our deposit back. The Dealer will let me know if they find a Sprint Blue one anywhere in Canada. But in the mean time i will be looking around for something else. I'll keep you guy's updated if anything comes up. I am little chocked tonight after waiting this long but at least Spring is here and there are lot of fine cars still to choose from.

Cheers,

The dealer would be able to tell you if there is a Sprint Blue car on the ground, in transit, or at a stage of manufacture and destined for Canada in less than 10 seconds. If they didn't tell you tonight, they were stalling, possibly trying to find a slightly used example.

I had a Sprint Blue S4 last summer and the colour really grew on me... it's fun driving something that doesn't blend in!

Good luck on finding a replacement. In that price range, I'd say look at a 997 C4S or 996 Turbo if you can compromise some practicality. If you need four doors, nothing says yee-haw (sorry, not even an RS4) like an M5... there are a few 07 6-speeds out there ;)

max_boost
04-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Give Kulu a shot. He can source some really amazing cars. http://www.kulumotorcar.com/main.asp

ICEBERG
04-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by me&you

The dealer would be able to tell you if there is a Sprint Blue car on the ground, in transit, or at a stage of manufacture and destined for Canada in less than 10 seconds.

Of course there are some Sprint Blue RS4's, But all spoken for at the moment. They just can't find one for me ASAP.;)

ICEBERG
04-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Give Kulu a shot. He can source some really amazing cars. http://www.kulumotorcar.com/main.asp

Hey Dude, you wan't to get me in more trouble with the Wife? Trying to get the RS4 was like pulling teeth as it was. I saw the Black Porsche GT there.:drool: O.K back to reality.:D

Tik-Tok
04-12-2007, 08:27 AM

Of course there are some Sprint Blue RS4's, But all spoken for at the moment. They just can't find one for me ASAP.;)

I would keep them looking, but also I would get in touch directly with Audi corporate, and explain the situation. Tell them you've had this car on order for 7 months, and it was the wrong one when delivered. They may have better luck in getting one to you quicker, or at least offer you a better deal than the dealership could give.

arian_ma
04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
How about an M5?
You will probably have to wait just as long for the M5 though...
:(

BigMass
04-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Fly down to the US. I bet some dealers there have 1000 of them on their lot. The local 7-11 probably has a couple in stock as well. Yeah waiting for shit in Canada is like pulling teeth. Not to mention i bet in the US you can actually deal on them too.

PS. If you're looking at other 4-door sedans, have you check out the CTS-V? Seen a couple at the road-course and they looked damn good. Good handling, good power.

me&you
04-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
Fly down to the US. I bet some dealers there have 1000 of them on their lot. The local 7-11 probably has a couple in stock as well. Yeah waiting for shit in Canada is like pulling teeth. Not to mention i bet in the US you can actually deal on them too.

PS. If you're looking at other 4-door sedans, have you check out the CTS-V? Seen a couple at the road-course and they looked damn good. Good handling, good power.

The RS4 is not a straight-forward car to import and the pricing doesn't provide a huge advantage.

The CTS would not be a good replacement for an RS4... the car is nice, but Cadillac just isn't "there" yet to play with the Germans in a sport sendan. However, picking up a slightly used one could be one of the best buys on the market.

R-Audi
04-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

2nd!! Give Kulu a shout and tell him what you are looking for.. chances are he will find one quicker then the dealer!

bg_27
04-13-2007, 08:14 AM
who's fault was this, when you signed the sales agreement was the color correct on that? If the dealer ordered the wrong car make them give you a loaner till they fix this problem, especially for that money, get the EXACT car you want.