PDA

View Full Version : 100MPG electric supercar

calstar
04-11-2007, 10:24 PM
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/odds-and-ends/team-velozzi-building-ev-vehicle-for-automotive-x-prize/

If they can build this, i'll be the first one in the queue to buy it.

Canmorite
04-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Reminds me of a Vector. In other words, disgusting.

I can't wait until they make a super efficient DECENT looking car.

carter_prelude
04-11-2007, 11:12 PM
^ someone not a ferrari fan?
they gotta change the rear end a little and make the price low, i'll be next in line in a few years :D

emachines1
04-12-2007, 12:19 AM
100mpg... now thats a car we all need.

crazydriver
04-16-2007, 12:21 AM
i think it looks ok, but does it have Ferrari performance? prob not eh?

arian_ma
04-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by crazydriver
i think it looks ok, but does it have Ferrari performance? prob not eh?

Do you have Ferrari performance right now?
Probably not, so you're really not losing anything besides VTEC or whatnot.

What's the price on that car going to be like? I think it looks stunning but can't help to think it is going to cost you 2 Ferraris to buy.

crazedmodder
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Looks like something out of Ridge Racer, I like it's design. I also like the fact that you can use pretty much any fuel to recharge the batteries. Diesel/Ethanol FTW! Or Bio-Diesel, don't know anything about that. I wonder if you can mix different fuel types (IE, fill up Ethanol at home then go somewhere else without ethanol and put Diesel). Although I doubt it, that would kick some serious ass because you can just buy whatever's cheapest :P

hussein
04-16-2007, 04:23 PM
:hitit: If it isn't overly expensive, has some luxury inside, and some decent power, I would be inline in the next few years.

The Cosworth
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM
It would be good to know if the turbines can keep up with highway speed motor demand

otherwise the range will be interesting.

Pretty cool though, I do like it, and I kind of doubt it would look that extreme if they released the engine technology

Probably put it in a civic or something

bspot
04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
If you are worried about EV's performance and range you don't need to look any further than www.teslamotors.com to see an example already in production proving that electric, performance and range can go together.

0-60: 4 seconds
Range: 400km
MPG equivalent: 135mpg
operating cost: 63 cents US per 100km

The Cosworth
04-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by bspot
If you are worried about EV's performance and range you don't need to look any further than www.teslamotors.com to see an example already in production proving that electric, performance and range can go together.

0-60: 4 seconds
Range: 400km
MPG equivalent: 135mpg
operating cost: 63 cents US per 100km

No i wonder what the output capacity is of the turbines as opposed to the usage of the motor, IE at highway the motor uses 125W/Hr and the turbine may only produce 100 then you are loosing 25W for ever hour you are on the highway if you know what I mean

bspot
04-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by brendankharris

No i wonder what the output capacity is of the turbines as opposed to the usage of the motor, IE at highway the motor uses 125W/Hr and the turbine may only produce 100 then you are loosing 25W for ever hour you are on the highway if you know what I mean

Did you mean that you are worried it would have limited range, or that it could have a very large range?

I was assuming this would be a plug-in EV with the turbine there for the sole purpose of extending range. This means they may go with smaller capacity batteries than the Tesla, but if they are using similar batteries then it should have insane range.

The Cosworth
04-16-2007, 04:47 PM
I would wonder how long it could go between charges or if plug in is another option but you can run it just off the turbine if you want.

I would worry about shorter range due to small turbines.

I dont really care just being an electrical guy i am curious

sneek
04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

Do you have Ferrari performance right now?
Probably not, so you're really not losing anything besides VTEC or whatnot.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: