PDA

View Full Version : Need info and it's urgent...very urgent

Gravy_83
04-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I was supposed to bring my car to jdm source to get fixed but I don't think they will be able to look at my car for at least 2 weeks. But the problem is is that no matter what my car has to go somewhere's tomorrow if not it's going to the impound because it can't be parked where it is anymore....

I need to know somewhere that I won't get riped off for repairs....preferably a sponsor or if not a sponsor somewhere reputable that won't rip me off. It's to replace control arms and maybe some other parts...Any help would be greatly apreciated...

JDM source which was my first choice will call me back tonight but on the off chance I can't bring it there I need somewhere to go tomorrow. Dosn't matter if they won't touch the car right away but I need a place I can bring the car for repairs where I can at least bring it there till they start fixing it.

QuasarCav
04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Where are you located and is money an issue?

I know of a good shop in the SE/SW near Heritage and Macleod that you could take to the car to and they have a nice fenced lot.

Gravy_83
04-12-2007, 10:34 AM
well money is and isn't an issue depending on how much is broken and how much they charge I may not be able to cover all the costs this week and would opt to have them do one thing at a time. But I will have at the very least 3 to 4 hundred to start with this week. Depending on what is needed. I just want to get the car started on.

Anyone know if Autodream does repairs on Civics at all and if they are any good. I know speedtech might be able to do it but I am allmost embarassed to bring my car there hehe the cars there seem to be of a higher caliber than mine haha

XRracing
04-12-2007, 10:52 AM
call autodream they might be able to do it but your best bet is to talk to allen at speed tech or partrick he does house calls last i heard

hoamic11
04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
dependent what needs to be done, why would you not try doing some of the repairs yourself?

msommers
04-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Gravy_83
Anyone know if Autodream does repairs on Civics at all and if they are any good. I know speedtech might be able to do it but I am allmost embarassed to bring my car there hehe the cars there seem to be of a higher caliber than mine haha

Autodream does work on Hondas and many other vehicles.

I wouldn't be embarassed to take your car to speedtech. For them to reject working on it, they'd have to be extremely snobby. And considering how snobby they are already, I doubt it can get much worse so it's worth a shot.

QuasarCav
04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
I would also stay away from a tuner shop to have routine repairs done. Take it somewhere you feel comfortable and tell them the symptoms, from the sounds of it there is not much wrong.

2x control arms replacement with parts and an alignment should not exceed 600 dollars. Your bushings will probably be shot as well so that will be another 120ish maybe cheaper since they are off the car already.

Gravy_83
04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
yeah well push comes to shove and having no choice but to tow the damn thing I am bringing it to blaskin and lane. Got good service there before going to bring it there again. worse case scenario i don't get the car right away. But I think my van is sold tonight so if it is I have a bit more $$ to play with.