PDA

View Full Version : Blackfoot is now an offical Aprilia dealer

04-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know that Blackfoot Motorsports is now an offical Aprilia motorcycle and Vespa scooter dealership.

I think this makes up BIG TIME for the soon loss of Honda.

hjr
04-12-2007, 01:51 PM
wow, that s pretty sweet.

3clips3
04-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Why?! There has been a Aprilia dealer in Calgary for years now?! I dont see how Blackfoot dealing aprilia is sweet.

vadeit
04-13-2007, 03:41 PM
woohoo, now Blackfoot can overcharge and act like cocks for another brand. Score.

04-13-2007, 08:29 PM
haha how do you figure Blackfoot over charges? They have some the cheapest prices in Calgary not to mention Canada.

Why?! There has been a Aprilia dealer in Calgary for years now?! I dont see how Blackfoot dealing aprilia is sweet.
Yea Blackfoot is taking over, Revo is strictly a Ducati dealer now

Fusion
04-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Yeah i got my R1 from them last month ..Pretty good deal..600 bucks cheaper than Pro amp

Spoons
04-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I don't know what some of you are saying, but the I've found KILLER deals at blackfoot.

Mazstyle
04-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Whats the deal with Honda then?

Supa Dexta
04-14-2007, 10:20 AM
'sposed to be going to honda dealerships.. "One stop shopping" type of deal.. So now that saleman that knows nothing of a civic or accord can recommend a 1000rr over that rebel 250 you were thinking of getting

MrSector9
04-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Honda is going private so to speak, they plan on building/revamping dealerships to carry both cars and bikes.

so most delaerships with the exception of a few who's contract got extended will cease selling and stocking honda jan 1 2008

Supa Dexta
04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
It's quite a deal actually, as I know plenty of small towns who have a large atv/ rec vehicle base, but not a car dealership within miles of the place.. Not sure what will go on them, because I can't see them starting to sell many cars just because honda wants them too :dunno:

MrSector9
04-14-2007, 11:22 AM
I know of a town like this and the Honda dealership were told they were going to have their contracts extended and to not worry about he problem as it was more focused on large cities with more then 1 Honda dealeship.

It seems in ways that they did not want to have multiple dealerships in a single town/city selling the same product and instead of playing favorites they choose to just cut the middle man out and sell from their car dealerships.

Sharpie
04-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
It's quite a deal actually, as I know plenty of small towns who have a large atv/ rec vehicle base, but not a car dealership within miles of the place.. Not sure what will go on them, because I can't see them starting to sell many cars just because honda wants them too :dunno:
I dont think the little honda atv dealers are going to be selling cars....

Originally posted by MrSector9
I know of a town like this and the Honda dealership were told they were going to have their contracts extended and to not worry about he problem as it was more focused on large cities with more then 1 Honda dealeship.

It seems in ways that they did not want to have multiple dealerships in a single town/city selling the same product and instead of playing favorites they choose to just cut the middle man out and sell from their car dealerships.
It makes more sense to have it this way though.

vadeit
04-14-2007, 12:16 PM
I should clarify my statement then. Blackfoot is good for parts, that is it. For bikes and quads they have been shit. I bought my bike in 03 from GW because they would deal and blackfoot wouldn't. My buddy bought his bike in 02 from Walt because they would deal and blackfoot wouldn't. My dad bought a quad in 03 and another in 04 from Walt because they would deal and blackfoot wouldn't. My cousin bought a quad in 04 from Walt because they would deal and blackfoot wouldn't.

In all of the above cases blackfoot's prices where higher and they wouldn't deal. On top of all this when I bought my bike in 03 the sales manager treated me like shit, wouldn't even really talk to me. The salesman at GW gave me great service so I gave him the cash for the bike (which was a lower price and he threw in a helmet and back protector).

With bargaining blackfoot's prices can always be beat some where else, plus better service can be had from elsewhere too.

MrSector9
04-14-2007, 12:22 PM
you are talking about 3-5 years ago.

now if you said that this was last month or even last week then maybe it is relevant. Alot of things change within any company over even a years time.

Blackfoot was/is suffeirng from the lack of customer service driving away customers so now it seems they are willing to go the extra step to make people happy. read posts even from last year about the prices/service compared to this years.

Supa Dexta
04-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

I dont think the little honda atv dealers are going to be selling cars....

Hey look! It's my point, and your onto it!

:rofl:

vadeit
04-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9
you are talking about 3-5 years ago.

now if you said that this was last month or even last week then maybe it is relevant. Alot of things change within any company over even a years time.

Blackfoot was/is suffeirng from the lack of customer service driving away customers so now it seems they are willing to go the extra step to make people happy. read posts even from last year about the prices/service compared to this years.

You are right, it was 3-5 years ago. However, the bad taste Blackfoot gave me will be hard to get rid of. I might be in the market for a new bike this year or next. I will take a look at them and see if anything has changed.

ninjak84
04-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
So now that saleman that knows nothing of a civic or accord can recommend a 1000rr over that rebel 250 you were thinking of getting

:rofl:

drox
04-16-2007, 02:08 AM
I brought my rim in to blackfoot, purchased a pilot power 2ct. Had them mount and balance it. That was 270$, and a far cry from a good deal.

MM93
04-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Motoguzzi as well...not that any one here cares

I brought my rim in to blackfoot, purchased a pilot power 2ct. Had them mount and balance it. That was 270$, and a far cry from a good deal.

What did you expect to pay for the 2CT list price is 100$ more then that?? for just the tire too.

I think B/F has the best tires prices in town, just my opinion!

D. Dub
04-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I've always been treated fairly at Blackfoot. Their pricing and the customer service is great.

Their service isn't the cheapest -- but is that an area where you want to skimp anyways??

drox
04-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MM93
Motoguzzi as well...not that any one here cares

What did you expect to pay for the 2CT list price is 100$ more then that?? for just the tire too. Ill order them on the net for 100$ less than I paid. For what I paid for that rear tire I couldve got the front and rear shipped to my door.

sjaswal
04-16-2007, 09:03 PM
isn't the mount/balance more than $40 on a loose rim at blackfoot?
regular PP are 187ish there - that's a good price compared to anyone else in town.
yeah you can save if you buy online, but when you need it now, blackfoot does have good prices. So do the other shops after you beg for discounts.

Graham_A_M
04-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub
I've always been treated fairly at Blackfoot. Their pricing and the customer service is great.

Their service isn't the cheapest -- but is that an area where you want to skimp anyways??
X2. some of the deals on new bikes are almost too hard to resist. :drool:

04-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by drox

Dude 2CT's are not the cheapest tire, what did you expact to pay? You wont find any cheaper prices in Calgary as far as tires go.
Mounting and balencing is a different story.

Why the 2CT if you dont mind me asking?