PDA

View Full Version : New Dodge slogan to increase appeal to women

tentacles
04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
link (http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/autos/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003570558)

Dodge Shortens Slogan in Reach for Women
The Dodge Nitro is just one of the models the carmaker is hoping to make more appealing to a female demographic.
April 11, 2007

By Steve Miller

DETROIT -- Dodge will shorten its ad slogan from “Grab life by the horns” to a more straightforward “Grab life” for a campaign to break next month, sources close to the plan said Thursday morning.

The move is seen as an effort to get away from the more masculine connotation of the original slogan to one that maintains familiarity but extends the appeal more to the female buyer.

The “Grab life by the horns” tagline, which began in 2001, was launched by Jeff Bell, former vp of brand strategy for the Chrysler Group, and now vp-global marketing at Microsoft, and green-lighted by Julie Roehm, a former marketer with Chrysler Group who was dismissed by Wal-Mart in December amid allegations of an inappropriate relationship with a subordinate.

A Chrysler rep declined to comment on the reported shift.

Dodge has debuted a number of vehicles in the last two years aimed at various demographics, including younger buyers, females and families. The new Avenger sedan and the Caliber crossover are both expected to reach younger buyers more readily, and the Nitro SUV has sold well among female buyers. Sources said the simpler tagline would enable the brand to better reach these consumers without the baggage of a line originally conceived for selling the 2002 Dodge Ram pickup.

Dodge owners break down demographically to 53% male with an average age of 43, according to data from Scarborough Research USA.
[

Hakkola
04-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Why don't they just make their cars suck less, thereby increasing their appeal to everybody?

dino_martini
04-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Why don't they just make their cars suck less, thereby increasing their appeal to everybody?

+1

hjr
04-12-2007, 03:48 PM
the cars dont suck that bad, they are just too reliant of big guzzly motors

civic_stylez
04-12-2007, 05:40 PM
how bout " DODGE, WE LIKE PUSSY TOO".....:poosie:

forkdork
04-15-2007, 12:40 AM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Deibs
04-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by hjr

hey now!! haha, it's so true though. :(

Ekliptix
04-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by hjr
True except for the srt-4 I'd say.

modded46
04-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Funny I thought Dodge products were already made for women...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/modded46/Funny/dodge-ram-logo_1.jpg

:eek: :drama:

Mazstyle
04-15-2007, 09:45 AM
^^^ nice find

JAYMEZ
04-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I hope they didnt spend to much money thinking up the new logo lol

403Gemini
04-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Dodge and jeep are fine enough w/ their female owners... like christ every jeep liberty i see is driven by a woman... :dunno:

Kaos
04-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by modded46
Funny I thought Dodge products were already made for women...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/modded46/Funny/dodge-ram-logo_1.jpg

:eek: :drama:

I was looking for this picture for the longest time!!!

The Cosworth
04-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Why don't they just make their cars suck less, thereby increasing their appeal to everybody? :rofl: that is what I was thinking as I was reading it