PDA

View Full Version : Things you want to see in a GYM

Nav13
04-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I wanna know what you guys would like to see in a gym when you go to work out. Things that will make your experience more pleasing. Such as type of music or programs on tv's, or things that would make you say wow about a work out facility. Any ideas are welcome.

WWJAI
04-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Are you planning on building a gym?

If so, I got a gym that will sum up all the suggestions you need: GOLD'S GYM

Add a hot tub and your all good.

GTS Jeff
04-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Hot chicks mainly.

RaptorGJC
04-12-2007, 04:37 PM
^^^:werd:

...I thought that'd be the first post heh heh:D

Nav13
04-12-2007, 04:38 PM
its something like that. what is it about golds gym that you like so much. What seperates it from other gyms?

ercchry
04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
hot tubs, sauna/steam room
hot girls in tight pants
any rock music, old stuff and new just not anything you would hear on vibe
lots of different types of benches in the free weight section (every time i want a bench they are all gone)
lots of treadmills and bikes with lcd tv's that have remotes so you can change the channel
couches and tv's in the change rooms

1-Bar
04-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Hot manly chicks

edit FTW!! j/j

Nav13
04-12-2007, 04:41 PM
what time of food and drinks do you guys like after a work out?

kaput
04-12-2007, 04:42 PM

Crymson
04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
open 24 hrs!

ercchry
04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Nav13
what time of food and drinks do you guys like after a work out?

chicken and beer!! or steak, but if i had a big cardio workout just water and chicken

EnRich
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
First off....
- You need big buff guys or smoking hot ladies to sell your memberships. Guys will appriciate them both.

- The music needs to get you pumping. Dance, Trance, Rap, R&B type music works. I cant stand when gyms play lite96, or any radio station for that matter. Invest in Sirius.

- Suana's, hot tubs are a great idea.

- I'm not a fan of treadmills. People dont like them because their high impact. Have a varity of differant cardio machines.

- Tanning helps bring girls in...

- Juice bar, for health drinks. Its a good idea to have a hot lady behind the counter. Make it look great. Offer customers every 9th drink free. or some stupid gimic.

- Comfotable sofa's around the front area. Make it look like the gyms worth a million bucks. The better looking the gym is, the more exclusive it looks.

- Like someone already mentioned. Lots of quality benches, and weights to choose from. I personally like co-ed gyms, where both girls and guys work together.

I'd say some other stuff but the wife just came into the office. Laate.

Nav13
04-12-2007, 04:52 PM
thanks guys. your comments are great. Keep em coming if you can or have anything to add

1-Bar
04-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by EnRich

lol.....Juice bar is great, even maybe have a place for coffee/herbal tea.

Have massage thearapy available

Free classes that catch members attention, like tae bo.

Run some programs like "the greatest loser"

ercchry
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

Run some programs like "the greatest loser"

NOOO i dont want to go to a gym full of fat people... they should all have to workout in there basements

The Cosworth
04-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Werd I would love to be able to change the channel on the TV's at North Hill World Health

Pretty much you have to make sure the equipment and facilities are there.

CivicTunr
04-12-2007, 06:39 PM
yah, classes are always good.
like a ab class, biking class, etc.

1-Bar
04-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

NOOO i dont want to go to a gym full of fat people... they should all have to workout in there basements

haha, its going to be like GLOBO GYM form Dodgeball. I'd use that for a good reference of what a gym should be....

I was just thinking reality vs. fantasy....lol

Isaiah
04-12-2007, 06:50 PM
MRC has a great facility. Only thing missing is the hot tub, sauna, and more water fountains and the fountains for filling the bottle. Every gym should have at least 2-3 of those.

Nav13
04-12-2007, 07:53 PM
What type of drinks do you guys like at the bar. Gatorade, powerade, snaple, also what kinda of specialty drinks do you guys like at your gym?

Rav4Guy
04-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Three Words: Westside Recreational Centre

hussein
04-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Free classes are a good idea. Actually, a great idea.

Mirrors EVERYWHERE.

A nice lounge area for people to make their shakes and stuff for those that just want to relax, watch some tv, and have their post work out meal and supplements afterwards.

Clean showers.

Towel service.

ercchry
04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Nav13
What type of drinks do you guys like at the bar. Gatorade, powerade, snaple, also what kinda of specialty drinks do you guys like at your gym?

well you would have to stick with either coke or pepsi products for the most part i would assume

and that would take care of all drinks really... maybe if you are having a drink stand type thing you can have frozen yogurt and smoothies, or booster juice type drinks also

Dayclone
04-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Hot chicks mainly.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/506/mel2medxi8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

That more often at the gym!

ercchry
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Dayclone

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/506/mel2medxi8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

That more often at the gym!

that is fucking sick :barf:

and photoshoped

ercchry
04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
more like this

http://www.scipym.com/intermediate/mp14.jpg

Toma
04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
No rap crap music.

No fucking hot tub. Are you building a Gym, or a bathouse for homos?

No meat heads working there.

What you need:
24 hours like worlds on Macleod
clean shower area separate from the washroom so I dont have to walk through peoples dirty footprints to get to them when I am barefoot (no, I dont wear gay ass slippers)
Sauna that works at least 90% of the time
massage therapy
Tanning included in membership fee.
Towel service
half decent shampoo/body wash

To bring chicks in, just offer the usual useless chick stuff... yoga, aerobasize, Tae bo... whatever

sputnik
04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Dump the LifeFitness cardio machines and buy Precor stuff.

sputnik
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Toma
No rap crap music.

What you need:
clean shower area separate from the washroom so I dont have to walk through peoples dirty footprints to get to them when I am barefoot (no, I dont wear gay ass slippers)
massage therapy
Towel service

To bring chicks in, just offer the usual useless chick stuff... yoga, aerobasize, Tae bo... whatever

QUOTED FOR THE TRUTH!

Seriously this is the BEST post in this thread.

SikAssR1
04-12-2007, 08:53 PM
No Dance, Trance, anything fruity music...worst thing is watching some beef head dance to that shit. Plus it sounds Gay.

Police
04-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Less stinky people, less people making loud ass grunts, less people dropping weights cause they so damn hardcore and can lift so much.

msommers
04-12-2007, 09:30 PM

Ooohh, you're one of those guys hey. Somehow I don't see the joy or point of sitting on a couch with other naked guys and watching TV when naked men are everywhere around me. Yes...hmmm....something.....something about this just doesn't seem right....oh ya...IT'S THE NAKED DUDES ALL AROUND YOU FAG:barf:

I wouldn't even sit on those f'in couches if I had 3 pairs of pants on.

ercchry
04-12-2007, 09:41 PM
^^ did i say anything about being naked? no, no i did not, i have just been in the fancy change rooms at the y before and they just seem more up scale with all that shit in them

msommers
04-12-2007, 09:46 PM
^^ did i say anything about being naked? no, no i did not, i have just been in the fancy change rooms at the y before and they just seem more up scale with all that shit in them

Congratulations gay fancy pants. But I also have been in the "upscale" change room at the downtown YMCA and that is exactly what I saw.

ercchry
04-12-2007, 09:52 PM
what the fuck is wrong with you? did your boyfriend stand you up tonight?

fuck i he asked for stuff for his gym and i was giving him ideas, i dont think i am the only one that thinks that that was an alright idea since all of the ymca's have it so fuck off

and i never sayed that i would use it either but its nice to have the option, and during the playoffs or other sporting events would it not be nice to be able to see the game?

so once again fuck you :guns: :guns: :guns:

Nav13
04-12-2007, 10:01 PM
come on guys lets try and keep this on topic.

msommers
04-12-2007, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by msommers
Ooohh, you're one of those guys hey

i have just been in the fancy change rooms at the y before

fuck i he asked for stuff ...

its nice to have the option

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ercchry
04-12-2007, 10:06 PM
wow good for you you can make miss leading quotes :clap:
what are you fucking 12? just looking for an e-fight? you know what? im done with your shit, really your personal attacks are just childish once you can come up with something new and original give me a pm

e36bmw///
04-12-2007, 10:09 PM
nm

msommers
04-12-2007, 10:14 PM
wow good for you you can make miss leading quotes :clap:
what are you fucking 12? just looking for an e-fight? you know what? im done with your shit, really your personal attacks are just childish once you can come up with something new and original give me a pm

Quitter ;), it was only a joke...don't cry yourself to sleep.

e36bmw///
04-12-2007, 10:15 PM
nm

core_upt
04-13-2007, 10:16 AM
My list:

- lots of water fountains wit the tap for refilling water bottles
- clean showers, toilets, etc
- LOCKER BIG ENOUGH to fit a jaclet, a gym bag and a pair of shoes. BETTER YET - deep enough to hold a dress shirt on a hanger
- tvs in the cardio room, lots of cardio options
- multiple brands fo equipment, instead of just one brand - they all fit and feel different
- a STRICT 'WASHING HANDS AFTER USING WASHROOM' policy that is enforced - its f'n revloting to see guys come out of the toilet after taking a dump and walk back on to the floor.
- sanitizer EVERYWHERE
- staff that ENFORCES things like: returning the weights to the racks in the proper place; returning swiss balls, medicine balls, mats, etc to their proper place; wiping down equipment and other things that people should have the common sense to do, but don't.
- NO using cell phones on the floor - no one needs to hear half of someone's conversation while lifting/running/etc
- Mandatory cardio sign up at ALL times

bulaian
04-13-2007, 04:16 PM
No Lifestyle fitness machines

Hammer Strength machines are much better

2 or more power racks, or just regular squat racks - there's always fucktards that feel the need to do their bicep curls in the power rack whenever I wanna do squats

strict enforcement of wiping down equipment and putting weights away after usage

rule and enforcement of clean indoor shoes only

a large area with mats for stretching and abs
-variety of weights and sizes of medicine balls
-variety of sizes of balance balls

a range of different power bands would be nice

stepmills - so much better than a regular stairclimber machine

open 24 hours

seperate water fountains and water bottle taps

ixlr8
04-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Two Olympic Lifting Platforms with Bumper Plates.

Multiple Power Cages and Squat Racks.

A Selection of Chains and Bands.

A Reverse Hyper Ultra as made by Westside Barbell.

Adjustable height boxes for box squating.

If not 24hr, at least open extra late, minimum midnight.

Allow chalk and provide bars with extra deep knurling.

Deadlift bar jack.

Selection of Kettlebells.

Pair of Weight Releasers.

None of those octagonal plates, round only!

Show me a gym in Calgary with all of that, and I am there in a
second, no matter what the price.

death_rabbits
04-13-2007, 05:46 PM
I would suggest giving discounts to people to go at non-peak times. That should free up equipment. Make up some evening only passes, or strictly morning passes. I would also suggest hard selling the rolley polley's on these so we don't have to see as many of them at peak times.

Isaiah
04-14-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by e36bmw///

dude, MRC does have a hot tub, and it has a steam room
overall, a great facility

Was not aware. I'm new to the facility so thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
04-14-2007, 02:42 AM
+ 1000 for 24 hrs

I like that gym idea in the North East (or West) where it's built into the Superstore, cuz u get hungry after a workout and don't usually know where to eat (cuz u don't want junk food, and sometimes don't even feel like driving to a grocery store)... so you can do your shopping right downstairs. (i.e. roasted chicken, stuff for shake)

-1 for old school World Health Club Southport hot tub, with green slimy rings, non-circulated swimming pool. :thumbsdow (glad they did something useful with that space instead)

BigMass
04-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Private Club with high fees and limited membership to ensure that it's never crowded.

NO MUSIC. Everyone has different tastes. If people want to listen to music they can bring their MP3 players and headphones. Working out to music that annoys me is horrible. The only music i'd rather have is the sound of clanging iron.

Hot chicks mean shit. I want to go work out not to hang-out. If i want hot chicks i can go to nightclubs. I want to focus %100 on my workout and be in and out in under 45 min if needed. Hot chicks are more of a distraction when im working out since i'd just be looking at them and getting horny. Wrong place for that.

Showers/Hottub/Steamroom only work in private clubs. Crowded smelly overcrowded public clubs make me want to drive home sweaty and stinky and just shower at home.

Dont waste space with cardio machines. Have a few, but not 1/2 the gym. I agree, pick low impact shit. Bikes and Ellipticals.

Juice bar with the best juice available. Anadrol, Deca, Winstrol, D-ball. (heh j/k)

Dayclone
04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
How about a Steakhouse built into a gym? I would eat lots of protein after working out especially once I wasted lal my energy I gotta refill it.

Water...

about the 24hr thing... you guys workout at 2AM? I guess for you early birds that run on treads or tracks that would be great but costly to operate if there's not a lot of people.

Showers... with clean floors... I HATE IT when people track in little rocks and dirt and shit like that it's annoying cause then I gotta go and clean my feet with all this crap on em... like how the hell do you get a shower room dirty.

Maybe some LCD's? hehe

TimG
04-17-2007, 09:55 AM
24 hours. I hate it that the Y closes at 8 pm (or earlier) on weekends. WTF is up with that?? Have the gyms open until midnight at least M-F and later on weekends.

heavy bags for boxing.

a place where you can skip rope without worrying about hitting someone or something.

89coupe
04-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Scantally clothed "FIT" women and lots of them.

Hammer strength machines.
Lots of free weights and benches.

Clean floors, clean equipment and clean locker rooms.

Enforce a no walkman/headphone policy.

Enforce a no cell phone policy

Enforce a no lounging policy.

Thats about it.:D

TVG
04-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Yea definetely 24 hours or at least until like 12am.

I agree with the no music thing.

It should have lots of accessories like dip belts, chalk, trap bars, platemates.

Tanning booths are nice to have in a gym but not if you have to pay a ton extra for them.

Dumbells up to 200 pounds.

Squat racks with interlocking safetys instead of the ones you have fit in.

Also hot tubs with hot girls haha. But no girls in the actual gym because I find they don't have very good gym ettiquette.

Big windows like at Crowfoot Y.

Staff that aren't total idiots (haven't come across this yet).

If I was running the gym I would buy less machines because no one uses many of them anyways, and for good reason.

Flooring or at least a section of flooring where you can drop the bar.

A lock system similar to the Y where you give them your card and they give you a lock. I hate places that make you buy your own.

TVG
04-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
Enforce a no walkman/headphone policy.

Why is that? I don't use my Ipod anymore, but I can't see how other people using it would affect you.

89coupe
04-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by TVG

Why is that? I don't use my Ipod anymore, but I can't see how other people using it would affect you.

Its not safe. You can't hear if someone says watch out, or excuse me or anything for that matter.

Plus it bugs the fuck out of me when some tard is sitting there on a bench in a fucking daydream listening to his IPOD and I'm trying to get his attention to see if he is almost done or how many sets he has left.

You are there to work out, not listen to fucking music.

403Gemini
04-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Toma
No rap crap music.

What you need:
massage therapy
Towel service

100% straight up! :thumbsup:

kerry
04-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Make it trendy enough so soccer mom's and high school girls will unite into one nicely layed out
eye candy room!

JRSC00LUDE
04-20-2007, 11:10 AM
People lifting with proper form instead of all these morons strapping on back belts and cheat-curling shit way too heavy for them so it looks like they're strong. Don't know how it is at your gyms but there's at least a half dozen of those morons here.

Here's a hint, lift as much as you can while LIFTING CORRECTLY and you might not need a back belt you jackass.

kerry
04-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
People lifting with proper form instead of all these morons strapping on back belts and cheat-curling shit way too heavy for them so it looks like they're strong. Don't know how it is at your gyms but there's at least a half dozen of those morons here.

Here's a hint, lift as much as you can while LIFTING CORRECTLY and you might not need a back belt you jackass.

So let me get this straight... the ideal workout place for you would be filled with dudes that lift their weights properly so you can watch them?

Sounds kinda gay to me.

kertejud
04-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Get the mirrors away from the platforms, if you look at yourself at anypoint of an Olympic lift, you've done it wrong, so don't tempt people.

hussein
04-20-2007, 12:05 PM

I agree 1000000%. And those people that jump from one machine to another with their mom spotting them for one set. :guns:

kerry
04-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Alright this thread has far too much penis envy... I'm out.

In all seriousness, I'd like to see more equipment in general. Not one of each thing.
Some gyms only have 1 or 2 flat benches and 1 decline and incline. That's a
pain in the ass. As lame as it sounds, the cardio machines with TV's are GREAT
when there's a flames game on. I've caught myself more than once at the gym
when there's a game on and it's nice to be able to continue some sort of workout
without missing the game.

Those water fountains at Kinsmen in Edmonton are great because they have a
built in ice machine. That's a plus too.

JRSC00LUDE
04-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by kerry

So let me get this straight... the ideal workout place for you would be filled with dudes that lift their weights properly so you can watch them?

Sounds kinda gay to me.

:rofl: :rofl:

I'd kick your ass if you weren't so god-damned cute.

kerry
04-20-2007, 02:15 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

I'd kick your ass if you weren't so god-damned cute.

I'm definitely a dude.......................... lol

JRSC00LUDE
04-20-2007, 02:17 PM
^

Ya, playing on the whole "gay" thing haha

kerry
04-20-2007, 02:33 PM
That's why I put the lol in there.

I should sig that one bahaha.

NATAS.KAUPAS
04-20-2007, 04:37 PM

Its not safe. You can't hear if someone says watch out, or excuse me or anything for that matter.

Plus it bugs the fuck out of me when some tard is sitting there on a bench in a fucking daydream listening to his IPOD and I'm trying to get his attention to see if he is almost done or how many sets he has left.

Good luck with that ever happening. Are you one of those annoying "how many sets left" guys? Brutal. Go find something else to do. I'll be done when I pull the weights off the rack and leave, until then fuck off and don't talk to me.

ercchry
04-20-2007, 04:46 PM

music gets me pumped, and i cant get pumped by listening to the radio and the radio is my only other option at my gym, people are not blind for the most part, it you want to ask someone something just make eye contact, and dont piss people off.

if the gym has enough equipment then you should never have to ask someone if they are done with something, also if there is enough room then there should never be any danger to warn people about

WWJAI
04-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Most likely the starter of this thread intended to start up a gym in the future yet doesn't realize most likely they do not have the capital to start up a health/gym facility that will meet the needs of customers. I'd say, the closest thing to what everyone wants based on reading this whole thread would be GOLD'S GYM in the NE.

pinoyhero
04-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Hot chicks mainly.

This is the truth

NATAS.KAUPAS
04-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Sadly those that keep saying hot chicks wouldn't have a chance with them anyway.

adidas
04-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Pretty much everyone covered the basics. But here is my input...

The music should be played on a volume that its easy for you to communicate with someone without having to yell. Also for the ppl that bring in their mp3 players they can Hear whats going on around them by having their music at the same level(not blasting it)

Get someone to be the "sanatizer" I hated going to Talisman knowing that everytime im done using a bar/bench i would have to wipe it down. I didnt go there to clean shit, i came to workout. Im paying you money so you should be looking after it all.

Dont know the proper wording but something that sucks in air and throws out fresh air(not fans). I hate coming to the gym after the peak time and it smelling like a gym bag that has never been washed.

A place thats not crowded. I hate having to slip by someone just to get to my bench, the last thing i want is for the person to let go of his 50 lb dumbell and it lands on my foot.

And making it affordable is a big plus. Competative prices but a little below the competitors.

Official Hoser
05-05-2007, 05:50 PM
^^^^:werd:

In addition, make membership sign-up process easy and transparent. I have no patience to play games with high-pressure sales staff. Have brochures, an informative website etc. with clear descriptions of your policies and what is included with the membership. I currently go to the Y and I find that they do a good job at this. World Health Club, not so much. I was looking into getting a membership there about a year ago, but the sales guy would not answer my questions directly, and would pretend that I already agreed to sign up for the membership. It was very irritating and almost insulting, and the main reason I chose to go elsewhere.

tommy1223
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
no one mentioned this i think but HEATED TILES on bath room floors. I hate walking around on cold ass concrete or after leaving the shower walking on cold ass tiles, it just makes me feel dirty all over again.

Mitsu3000gt
05-08-2007, 02:33 PM
A few comments, I don't think they've been mentioned yet:

1) Actual towels/cloths and not paper towels for wiping the machines down, and lots of spray bottles available. I've been at gyms that use the cheapest paper towel imagineable, so when you wipe down a machine you have cleaner all over your hands, and it doesn't clean well either.

2) Ab machines that allow you to add resistance

3) A minimum age, and removal of the douche bags who just sit on machines and talk to their friend using the one next to him.

4) Several water fountains, or if you go the water cooler route, make sure there is always cups available - I find they run out very quickly and rarely get filled up.

5) Lots of TV's infront of the cardio machnies, and some remotes to change the channel would be ideal.

LuxCars
05-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

3) A minimum age, and removal of the douche bags who just sit on machines and talk to their friend using the one next to him.

exactly.
How bout people who actually work out instead of showing up for 20 minutes, showing off (getting in your way, flexing in the mirror and nonstop glaring at themselves).

Nav13
05-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
A few comments, I don't think they've been mentioned yet:

1) Actual towels/cloths and not paper towels for wiping the machines down, and lots of spray bottles available. I've been at gyms that use the cheapest paper towel imagineable, so when you wipe down a machine you have cleaner all over your hands, and it doesn't clean well either.

2) Ab machines that allow you to add resistance

4) Several water fountains, or if you go the water cooler route, make sure there is always cups available - I find they run out very quickly and rarely get filled up.

5) Lots of TV's infront of the cardio machnies, and some remotes to change the channel would be ideal.

thanks for the input. The gym that i work at has all these suggestions already in place.

ChokeEmOut
05-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by NATAS.KAUPAS

Good luck with that ever happening. Are you one of those annoying "how many sets left" guys? Brutal. Go find something else to do. I'll be done when I pull the weights off the rack and leave, until then fuck off and don't talk to me.

:rofl:

I was thinking the same thing. I HATE when ppl asked me if im almost done!
Especially when im listening to music, You fucktard - dont you see i have earphones in !

pinoyhero
05-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Honestly, decent equip, but seriously a good atmosphere, you dont want to be around old dudes all the time, nor a place packed with monsters. Check out the clientelle its easier when you go in and can look forward to bumping into friends.

89coupe
05-09-2007, 11:15 AM

No, I'm the guy one bench over rolling his eyes as your sweaty ass sits there in a daze for 30min to do 5 sets.

89coupe
05-09-2007, 11:20 AM

music gets me pumped, and i cant get pumped by listening to the radio and the radio is my only other option at my gym, people are not blind for the most part, it you want to ask someone something just make eye contact, and dont piss people off.

if the gym has enough equipment then you should never have to ask someone if they are done with something, also if there is enough room then there should never be any danger to warn people about

I'm sorry that it takes music for you to get pumped...LOL.

I just push weight.

You missed the message, its the fucking daydreamers with their IPODS sitting there for 30mins to do 5sets.

ChokeEmOut
05-09-2007, 11:25 AM

I'm sorry that it takes music for you to get pumped...LOL.

I just push weight.

You missed the message, its the fucking daydreamers with their IPODS sitting there for 30mins to do 5sets.

It's okay, Sorry that your different then the majority of people who listen to music at the gym - LOL.

The suggestions you keep contributing, makes me wonder why people like you come to the gym, instead of working out in the comfort of your home.

89coupe
05-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ChokeEmOut

It's okay, Sorry that your different then the majority of people who listen to music at the gym - LOL.

The suggestions you keep contributing, makes me wonder why people like you come to the gym, instead of working out in the comfort of your home.

Uhhh, :::speaking really slow::: """I come to workout"""

I do enjoy listening to music at home though.

:drama:

NATAS.KAUPAS
05-09-2007, 03:46 PM

No, I'm the guy one bench over rolling his eyes as your sweaty ass sits there in a daze for 30min to do 5 sets.

Anytime you want to step up Brad just let me know. :zzz:

The only thing you seem capable of working out is your mouth. Same as ever.

KenP
05-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Things I like to see at a gym.. Lots of heavy free weights up to 150lbs. Many a bench/squat rack. Areas for power lifting/dead lifting. At least one of every machine!
Something I don't like to see is scrony people in wife beaters, sandals, chicks with boobs hanging out..
There is lots I am missing this is all for now.

ProjectR
05-09-2007, 04:18 PM
more like this

http://www.scipym.com/intermediate/mp14.jpg

what he said :poosie:

GTS Jeff
05-10-2007, 02:53 AM

Anytime you want to step up Brad just let me know. :zzz:

The only thing you seem capable of working out is your mouth. Same as ever. Hey I think 89coupe is a bit of a douche too, and you put out a good burn on him...but wow, you have got to be one of the angriest and most unfriendly person I've seen on the webternet. Don't you ever get tired of hating non-stop?

IntegraG2
05-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by e36bmw///

dude, MRC does have a hot tub, and it has a steam room
overall, a great facility

werd....i was just gonna post this

ChokeEmOut
05-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey I think 89coupe is a bit of a douche too, and you put out a good burn on him...but wow, you have got to be one of the angriest and most unfriendly person I've seen on the webternet. Don't you ever get tired of hating non-stop?

:rofl:

"FIRST OFF I'D LIKE TO THANK GOD ALL MIGHTY, FOR GIVING EVERYBODY SO MUCH AND ME SO LITTLE
I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU AND I HATE YOUR GUTS
I HOPE ALL THE BAD THINGS IN LIFE HAPPEN TO YOU AND NOBODY ELSE BUT YOU"

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE!

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3175/hatersball03300019xc.jpg

Player Haters Ball (http://www.tv.com/uservideos/?action=video_player&id=dnI6n2P55bsIszXe)

stevo 27
05-31-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by RaptorGJC
^^^:werd:

...I thought that'd be the first post heh heh:D

all i want or need :thumbsup: :D

e36bmw///
05-31-2007, 12:54 AM
nm

e36bmw///
05-31-2007, 12:54 AM
nm

SiR_lyfe
05-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
First off....
- You need big buff guys or smoking hot ladies to sell your memberships. Guys will appriciate them both.

- The music needs to get you pumping. Dance, Trance, Rap, R&B type music works. I cant stand when gyms play lite96, or any radio station for that matter. Invest in Sirius.

- Suana's, hot tubs are a great idea.

- I'm not a fan of treadmills. People dont like them because their high impact. Have a varity of differant cardio machines.

- Tanning helps bring girls in...

- Juice bar, for health drinks. Its a good idea to have a hot lady behind the counter. Make it look great. Offer customers every 9th drink free. or some stupid gimic.

- Comfotable sofa's around the front area. Make it look like the gyms worth a million bucks. The better looking the gym is, the more exclusive it looks.

- Like someone already mentioned. Lots of quality benches, and weights to choose from. I personally like co-ed gyms, where both girls and guys work together.

:werd: