PDA

View Full Version : legal options to get a car towed that's in the way

Gravy_83
04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
My car is in a back yard with a big gate that opens someone has left a mini van there so I can't move my car unless it's moved if I can't find who it is and get it moved what are my legal options. Am I able to get it towed and moved out of the way so I can get my car out of that back yard. It's in front of the gates so it means that both vehicules in that back yard are now boxed in.

kevie88
04-12-2007, 05:01 PM
get a truck, tie a chain to that mofo and drag it out of the way..

DC2
04-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Holy SHIT, was it just me or was that VERY difficult to understand??:english: I had to read that 4 times.

Call City bylaw, and they'll get it towed. The van might be stolen.

Gravy_83
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
no it's the neighbours but they seem to always park where it's not needed. Yeah if they are blocking what could be considered a driveway I can get it towed?

DC2
04-12-2007, 05:03 PM
^ why cant you ask them to move it?

lilmira
04-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Gravy_83
My car is in a back yard with a big gate that opens someone has left a mini van there so I can't move my car unless it's moved if I can't find who it is and get it moved what are my legal options. Am I able to get it towed and moved out of the way so I can get my car out of that back yard. It's in front of the gates so it means that both vehicules in that back yard are now boxed in.

Phone the city. They may tow it away if it's blocking your driveway. Are you even allowed to park right on the back alley?

Gravy_83
04-12-2007, 05:09 PM
cuz they are dicks and they probably won't even answer the door heheh. but it's their loss if they don't

van
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
You could always just leave a note you know. My new neighbours who moved in beside me kept parking a foot or two infront of my driveway. There's always a car belonging to our house that parks on that part of the driveway and of course every morning it's kinda blocked in (has to partly drive off the driveway on an angle and down to get out).

I just wrote a polite note saying that we didn't appreciate them parking infront of our driveway blocking in our vehicles when there was 2-3 feet of space before they reach THEIR driveway. I just left that note on the car that is always the culprit and of course they have never parked infront of my driveway obstructing any vehicles.

Doesn't hurt to try first before you go and get their car towed.

Gravy_83
04-12-2007, 06:44 PM
yeah but I dont have the luxury of time I have to get the car towed tomorrow morning and its across town hehe i hope they just move the van without fighting or anything hehe. Anyways van is sold on to fixing my civic heheh thanks for the help guys i just needed to know that I can legally have it moved if they dont want to move it themselves

Isaiah
04-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Grammar and punctuation FTW. You may have bigger problems than the van blocking you in.

The Cosworth
04-12-2007, 07:17 PM
CALL CITY PARKING AUTHORITY!!!! OR TALK TO THE OWNERS

I used capitals because it seems you missed it the first four times.

going up and trying the door is different than saying you doubt they will answer

barbarian
04-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Calgary Parking Authority?

Police
04-12-2007, 09:13 PM
yeah but I dont have the luxury of time I have to get the car towed tomorrow morning and its across town hehe i hope they just move the van without fighting or anything hehe. Anyways van is sold on to fixing my civic heheh thanks for the help guys i just needed to know that I can legally have it moved if they dont want to move it themselves

jesus stop being such a pussy and ask them nicely to move their van, i hate fucks like you that will call in any stupid shit like this. If they won't move it then by all means call it in.

Weapon_R
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Police

jesus stop being such a pussy and ask them nicely to move their van, i hate fucks like you that will call in any stupid shit like this. If they won't move it then by all means call it in.

:werd:

Stop claiming to be so busy you can't go and ask them to move their van, yet you have time to sit here and find weasal methods to screw people over?

Gravy_83
04-13-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

:werd:

Stop claiming to be so busy you can't go and ask them to move their van, yet you have time to sit here and find weasal methods to screw people over?

well when your on foot taking the transit from one end of the city to the other takes a while. but tonight i sold my van and had to deliver it and i stoped there to get the winter tires for the van and I asked them to move it and they did. but 2 hours both ways on transit is not fun at all and i would of not bothered if I hadnt been able to get my van going hehe

but yeah its been solved van is moved and car is going in to garage tomorrow

ZorroAMG
04-13-2007, 11:08 AM
HOLY shit....worst thread ever.

www.commonsense.ca for fuck's sake.

GTS Jeff
04-13-2007, 11:39 AM
The world is full of terrible, terrible people.

Gravy_83
04-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

hahah sorry I'm not from here. Back in NB we all have driveways no alleys, so I didn't know if I could get the car towed or not. When they moved it it was making funky noises I think their van is fucked beyond repair

D. Dub
04-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

:rofl:

GTS Jeff
04-13-2007, 07:12 PM

hahah sorry I'm not from here. Back in NB we all have driveways no alleys, so I didn't know if I could get the car towed or not. When they moved it it was making funky noises I think their van is fucked beyond repair Proof that the newfies are ruining Alberta...

haha jk. But seriously, don't you guys talk to your neighbours out East?

narou
04-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Lol my grandmother and uncle moved out here from NS... They complain about everyone parking and never talk to anyone lol... So I guess us easterners really don't talk to our neighbors lawl..

Gravy_83
04-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Proof that the newfies are ruining Alberta...

just another dumb stereotype that assumes that all of back east is newfies when only new foundland is hahah. jesus christ i wish I got a dollar for every time somebody called me a newfie when Im from New Brunswick hahaha.

Gravy_83
04-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Proof that the newfies are ruining Alberta...

yeah but out here I tried to talk to our neighbours here in Lake Chaparal and they are snobby assholes. And in Pineridge I was scared to get stabbed hahaha

GTS Jeff
04-14-2007, 01:43 AM

just another dumb stereotype that assumes that all of back east is newfies when only new foundland is hahah. jesus christ i wish I got a dollar for every time somebody called me a newfie when Im from New Brunswick hahaha. Jk stands for "just kidding," c'mon newfie.

hussein
04-14-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
Grammar and punctuation FTW. You may have bigger problems than the van blocking you in.

+1 for hating those jerks who call in every little thing. :guns:

BiG_BoI_LuDe
04-14-2007, 03:00 AM
dude. saying you'll get stabbed in pinridnge is just another stereo type.

BoS_DC2
04-14-2007, 06:29 AM
Back in Newfie, we used to just throw rocks at our neighbours if they were to park in our driveway

Gravy_83
04-14-2007, 12:17 PM
haha awesome responses...i know pineridge is a stereotype but I just go from what I hear and seeing the cops at like 5 different houses just on my street every second day wasn't much to get me to think some people were up to no good hehe. But yeah the people who had their van parked in front of the gates also were the ones who got my car impounded because of an expired tag. So I don't know why they were so nice about moving their van....Maybe scared I would do the same to them.

DragZilla
05-01-2007, 06:25 PM
where does the Calgary Parking Authority tow the vehicle to?

Isaiah
05-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by DragZilla
where does the Calgary Parking Authority tow the vehicle to?
Impound lot

hahah sorry I'm not from here. Back in NB...

It's all coming together.

GTS Jeff
05-02-2007, 01:35 AM
I don't know why they were so nice... Welcome to Calgary, newfie.

zoik
05-02-2007, 03:06 PM
was it that hard to just ask your neighbour. calgary parking authority can tow a car if it's blocking a driveway, but a gate from the backyard they can't unless you have a sign stating not to park in front of it.

for future reference to everyone:
i talked to a guy from CPA, and if you need a car moved. rules are if a car is on the road, alley etc, it has to be registered. if the registration is expired, automatic impounding, so you don't need to give a reason to have it towed. so take the screwdriver and remove their license plate and call them to tow it!

ChokeEmOut
05-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Welcome to Calgary, newfie.

WOW. Some ppl are just STUPID!
You didnt think to ask your neighbour to simply move it before all of this?
Gravy, I bet your neigbours called in your expired plate, simply because your a douchebag.

AND YES, making this forum displays your douchebagism.

To avoid future problems with neighbours, educate yourself.
Use rational decisions. And when asking for help on a forum, take the extra time to Spellcheck your thread for HORRIBLE spelling and grammar errors.