PDA

View Full Version : the stupidest parking ticket in the world - NOT

alias
04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
ok you guys are going to get a laugh out of this. the other day a buddy of mine parked his car downtown and where he parked there was no sign sayin there is no parking. in fact there was a meter that he used to pay for the parking. the meter was not specific to the spot just one meter for the street and you place the ticket on the dash. since where he parked was close an entrance of a strip mall there was a car parked in front of him and no indication saying that there was no parking behind this vehicle. so he purchased a ticket and proceeded to park. when my friend got back to his car there was a parking violation stating and i quote "insufficient room" he did not leave a 1.5 meter space from his rear wheels to entrance of the strip mall. in stead he left around 6 inches. i know i was there. the ticket ended up costing him $30. what a crock. so moral of the story make sure you leave 1.5 meters from any entrance that you park in front of.

Annoyingrob
04-12-2007, 05:59 PM
So,why's that a stupid ticket? You're not supposed to park within 1.5m of drive ways, stop signs, I believe fire hydrants as well, etc. It's in the driver's hand book.

QuasarCav
04-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by alias
ok you guys are going to get a laugh out of this. the other day a buddy of mine parked his car downtown and where he parked there was no sign sayin there is no parking. in fact there was a meter that he used to pay for the parking. the meter was not specific to the spot just one meter for the street and you place the ticket on the dash. since where he parked was close an entrance of a strip mall there was a car parked in front of him and no indication saying that there was no parking behind this vehicle. so he purchased a ticket and proceeded to park. when my friend got back to his car there was a parking violation stating and i quote "insufficient room" he did not leave a 1.5 meter space from his rear wheels to entrance of the strip mall. in stead he left around 6 inches. i know i was there. the ticket ended up costing him $30. what a crock. so moral of the story make sure you leave 1.5 meters from any entrance that you park in front of.

Sounds like a moral your buddy should have followed.

The Cosworth
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
yeah I dont get it either

BOOO on your thread!:thumbsdow

just like you cant park within 1.5m of any signs either

alias
04-12-2007, 06:15 PM
the fire hydrant and signs i can understand but the curb. at the very least the municipality should mark it in yellow. it was not like he was obstructing the entrance to mess with the flow of traffic in and out.

lilmira
04-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah, take it to court. It's so unfair.

carter_prelude
04-12-2007, 06:27 PM
what if its your own driveway? lol can i still get a ticket for that? :D

Isaiah
04-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by carter_prelude

Yes, if you call the parking authority on yourself.

signature7
04-12-2007, 08:41 PM
1.5 meters from a stop sign? i thought i was always 5 meters..

http://www.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/INFTRA_Content/docType45/Production/dhpage66.htm

Mibz
04-12-2007, 08:45 PM
5 meters from stop sign, 1.5 from driveways.

The Cosworth
04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
my mistake

either way I hate when people sneek up to the intersections around SAIT to get free parking for the day and you cant even fit 2 cars down a road

modded46
04-12-2007, 09:11 PM
If the "public servants" in this city cared as much about the gangs, meth labs, and homeless people as they do about enforcing parking laws we would have the cleanest and safest city in North America.. I've never lived anywhere as dedicated to getting that ticket out as I have here..

How does one go about applying to be a meter maid? Is this a person that failed at the being a real cop or even security guard at the mall?

Schwa
04-12-2007, 11:55 PM
It's not about the money and more about safety. As people exiting parking lot/driveway/alley can not see past a vehicle parked too closely to an entrance or exit.

And before you say that I should learn how to drive and observe traffic, I am referring to Jim Bob's 9.4L Lifted F850 that everyone here loves to drive :)

alias
04-13-2007, 01:34 PM
schwa you got a point. i dont think that he was pissed about the money i just think he was chocked cuz there was no sign. yes i am sure that its in the drivers manual but that is a obscure rule. not like 30 km from dawn till dusk in a playground zone. i think what pissed my friend off the most is that he paid for the ticket to park there and there was no sign saying "no parking" so if anything he double paid.

Mr. Burns
04-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Certainly not an obscure rule. It is common knowledge.

E46..sTyLez
04-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by carter_prelude

yep, i got one. Parked the navigator on MY driveway.....and the bumper was hanging over the sidewalk...but the tires were still clearly on the driveway. $38.00

some lousy fat cunt on my street called the authority on me..

alias
04-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez

yep, i got one. Parked the navigator on MY driveway.....and the bumper was hanging over the sidewalk...but the tires were still clearly on the driveway. $38.00

some lousy fat cunt on my street called the authority on me..

THAT IS WAY WORST THAN MY FRIENDS TICKET

bspot
04-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by alias
the fire hydrant and signs i can understand but the curb. at the very least the municipality should mark it in yellow. it was not like he was obstructing the entrance to mess with the flow of traffic in and out.

Its not about getting traffic in and out, its about the fact you can't see shit when you're turning out of a parking lot or alleyway and people are parked right snug with the entrance. You just have to Guess and Go... not very safe.