PDA

View Full Version : Toocoolmotorcycleschool

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Hey,

How much does this course cost to take, as in the works, as in the whole thing. I checked out the website and could find nothing in regards to price.
Also, does anyone know if its booked solid right now? I really don't want to wait until like friggen october to be able to ride my bike by myself.

Another question, can I just walk into the registry and take the road test for my class 6 probationary without doing the school? assuming that the school is booked solid?
I got my class 7 before the GDL lockout, so I can apply for my class 6 probationary license any time, but im just wondering if the school is necessary. I know that almost every recommends taking it, but if they're booked, that doesn't help much.

thx for the advice

*EDIT* Found the price in another thread, looks to be around 330, wich is pretty damn reasonable. So all I need to know is if they are booked solid, and if I can just walk into the registry and get my class 6 without schoolin?

Carl2tan
06-05-2003, 11:50 PM
It cost me 330$ for the begginer course that includes one day in class, four days riding, but not the 35$ for the on lot test. It may cost you more because you dont alreaddy have a class five. So you would have to take the road test as well as the skills test. Also, yes, they are booked solid. I aranged for my lesson two weeks ago but didnt get in until ~July 15. Finnally, I'm not sure if the GDL system will affect you with a class 7 before the cutoff. I was Ok because I had at least a class 5 before the cutoff, so me getting a class 6 this summer will not affect me. I hope I kinda helped you out BlackPlauge. .
- Carl -

bol
06-06-2003, 12:34 AM
You needed a full class 5 before the cut-off date...

but definatly take a course, either toocool or the CSC course. I took the CSC course and had a great time.

you learn lots of things that you wouldn't do otherwise, mostly slow speed control

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-06-2003, 02:35 AM
Damn, Im probably gonna have to wait until like october before I get in! I'll call anyways.

I still have to abide by the GDL rules, but the best part is becuase I got my class 7 before the lock out date (may 20th) I am now able to aquire a class 6 probationary licence. Those who got their class 7 after the lockout, now must wait a full fuckin year before they can even think about a class 6 probationary. That is pretty much the gayest rule, the one year bullshit.

Anyways, what is CSC, do you have a number or a website I can check out?

Also, is it still possible to obtain a class 6 without the training?

thx a bunch, esp for the quick replys. I have to work at 10am today and im still postin!

sml
06-06-2003, 09:22 AM
I went with CSC. Good guys. Cheaper too. Like $275, I believe... And YES, you DO need schooling... That is if you don't want to be a pancake off the side of the road, but if that's unimportant to you, then go ahead and try your luck without taking a riding course!

YCB
06-06-2003, 01:50 PM
im doin cSc right now.. 275, only thing u have to supply everything for urself.. plus CsC has room.. too cool is booked until after stampede or longer

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-06-2003, 06:55 PM
CSC huh, I will check into that becuase toocool is booked, I don't want to wait.

What do you mean everything must be supplied? Do I need to bring, boots, gloves, jacket, helmet and bike? Give me some more info.

thx again guys. Much appreciated.

Ricey_Ricerson
06-07-2003, 07:02 PM
yea CSc u have to supply everything. or they wont let u ride.. u can rent helmets for 10 bux..

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Guess im gonna need some boots and a jacket before I go. Once again thx for the info.