PDA

View Full Version : Recommended shops for aftermarket install...

403Gemini
04-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Hey all,

I bought a Hurst short throw shifter for my car (06 cobalt ss/sc) and was wondering if anybody could suggest any shops i could take it to and get it installed?

I was thinking the dealership but their labor rates are usually obnoxious.

Any advice/experiences at any places worth mentioning please let me know!

Thanks!

edit: also i'd do it myself if it werent for 1 thing - i'd fuck it up ;) I have a knack for getting clumsy w/ stuff when i get excited haha

adidas
04-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
edit: also i'd do it myself if it werent for 1 thing - i'd fuck it up ;) I have a knack for getting clumsy w/ stuff when i get excited haha

How do you get with girls then?

Bump so someone can answer your question.

SiR_lyfe
04-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Harbour Auto on 32nd Ave :thumbsup:

The Cosworth
04-13-2007, 09:45 AM
autodream maybe?

no idea really though but GL

403Gemini
04-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by adidas

How do you get with girls then?

Bump so someone can answer your question.

when i typed that i KNEW this would be said hahaha i was like "im opening pandora's box... lets see who comments first" lol

Toms-SC
04-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Turbo 2.3 on p-shop.

Or just do it yourself ftw

ls/vtec-crx
04-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Bring it by, we should be able to do it no problem!! :thumbsup:

Allan

403Gemini
04-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Turbo 2.3 on p-shop.

Or just do it yourself ftw

Didnt you read? If i do it myself i might get a case of premature ejaculation ;)

Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx
Bring it by, we should be able to do it no problem!! :thumbsup:

Allan

Ill stop by tommorow to make the appointment Allan :) you gonna be working? I have all the instructions or anything so it shouldnt take more than 1-2 hours.

dj_rice
04-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by SiR_lyfe
Harbour Auto on 32nd Ave :thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I would NEVER go there to get anything done....dont trust Viet's even though I'm viet :rofl: :rofl:

schurchill39
04-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Even though I know you said you didnt want to, I really recommend doing it yourself. I have done a couple and they are not too difficult on FWD cars. Mind you I haven't done a cobalt but I dont see it being much different. To be honest with you, there isn't a whole lot you can screw up , expecially if you have instructions.

403Gemini
04-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Went to speed tech today and gotta say Allan is a great guy! :thumbsup: fit me in right away and looks and feels awesome!

:thumbsup: thx again man!

ls/vtec-crx
04-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Went to speed tech today and gotta say Allan is a great guy! :thumbsup: fit me in right away and looks and feels awesome!

:thumbsup: thx again man!

DONE & DONE!!! The shift cables in that car are pretty cool you can adjust it! Pretty cool how it works but other wise i'm just glad i didn't smash my self in the face!!! :clap: