PDA

View Full Version : Caparo T1 to debut at Goodwood Festival of Speed hill climb

BigMass
04-13-2007, 10:45 AM
New engine that produces around 200bhp/L (700hp estimate), 1100 lbs and an old 0-100-0 time of 8.5s which will be much improved with the new engine will make this car, plainly, insane. This car, while theoretically road legal in Europe will undrivable on any road that isnt perfect. It will never be able to negotiate a speed bump lol. But as a track car this thing is going to be untouchable. Should be able to stick it to the Radical SR8 Nurburgring record when it finally hits production.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/22/more-powerful-caparo-t1-to-make-running-debut-at-goodwood-festiv/

rage2
04-13-2007, 11:02 AM
http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/03/22/caparo-t1-makes-its-running-debut-at-goodwood/

BigMass
04-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by rage2
http://rage2.westsideblogs.com/2007/03/22/caparo-t1-makes-its-running-debut-at-goodwood/

nice, didnt even know you had a blog. Yeah the news is a couple weeks old but nobody has started any discussion on this so i thought i'd post it up. This car is definately going to make a huge impact on the auto world. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. Guess if it's not an overweight pig that comes with e-peen number such as "252mph, 1001hp" it's just not as important. 3g cornering speed, 0-100-0 and lap times just dont impress the average joe.

962 kid
04-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

nice, didnt even know you had a blog. Yeah the news is a couple weeks old but nobody has started any discussion on this so i thought i'd post it up. This car is definately going to make a huge impact on the auto world. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. Guess if it's not an overweight pig that comes with e-peen number such as "252mph, 1001hp" it's just not as important. 3g cornering speed, 0-100-0 and lap times just dont impress the average joe.

Or, everyone is so sick of cars that boast nothing but e-peen numbers like the veyron, SR8, Ultima GTR, this... that noone really cares because it boasts nothing special and will simply be outperformed within a few years. It's a fast track car :dunno: how exciting

rage2
04-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
Or, everyone is so sick of cars that boast nothing but e-peen numbers like the veyron, SR8, Ultima GTR, this... that noone really cares because it boasts nothing special and will simply be outperformed within a few years. It's a fast track car :dunno: how exciting
This car is a little different than the others.

It's designed by ex-McLaren guys. And the goal of the car is to actually come close to a F1 car's performance.

It's got insane aero/DF, no FIA regulations to stop them from doing what they want, and yea, corner at 3g's. None of the ones you mentioned comes close. Lots more interest if it can do it.

962 kid
04-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by rage2

This car is a little different than the others.

It's designed by ex-McLaren guys. And the goal of the car is to actually come close to a F1 car's performance.

It's got insane aero/DF, no FIA regulations to stop them from doing what they want, and yea, corner at 3g's. None of the ones you mentioned comes close. Lots more interest if it can do it.

Sure, and the Noble was designed by ex-lotus guys, hyundai tiburon was designed by ex-porsche guys etc etc.

It's cool, it's fast, it's got insane everything and that's all fantastic except for one thing... it's a race car only (re: completely unusable on streets), so what really is there to discuss about it? It's as fast as a modern day F1 car sure. Give it a couple years and it will fall behind new F1 cars, people will forget about it (I already had since I saw the first pics) and voila, you have some ex-mclaren designers going off to work for Ultima or whoever is in need of some engineers.

PS: it looks ridiculous ;)