PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Stoptech?

Isaiah
04-14-2007, 02:24 AM
I've been trying to source out replacement Stoptech rotors but the quotes I've received locally are too high. Anyone purchased a Stoptech BBK online or can suggest a local retailer?

Kaos
04-14-2007, 02:54 AM
Tunerworks.
398-9833

edicius
04-14-2007, 12:09 PM
RCTS

Isaiah
04-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Kaos
Tunerworks.
398-9833

Thanks, 1st place I tried but the quote is too high.

EG_Civic
04-15-2007, 11:09 AM
ebay?

Lo)2enz0
04-15-2007, 11:28 AM
if its something you want pay for it, don't say its to expensive

fuck i am stick of people who want shit and say its to expensive

get a new hobby

natejj
04-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

get a new hobby

Just because he want's something, doesn't mean he should buy the first quote he gets.... ever heard of shopping around? And how do you know their quote isnt too high? A person's never been given a quote for something thats been too expensive? :o

BigMass
04-15-2007, 11:52 AM

get a new hobby

maybe he means that he "could" order them online for say, $1000 but he was quoted $2000 in town. He would still like to buy in-town but doesnt feel like getting ripped off. He said the quote was too high, not that it was too expensive. Big difference

Inzane
04-15-2007, 11:59 AM
For what its worth, I bought my Stoptech BBK for my 300ZXTT through Rob at Tunerworks last year. His quote was competitive enough (vs. the various US online Z vendors I also deal with), when you took into account things like exchange and cross-border shipping. His price was very reasonable.

1-Bar
04-15-2007, 12:01 PM
^people always seem to forget about duties/taxes/extra fees plus warranty work if something failis or not upto spec on things purchase online internationally.....

Lo)2enz0
04-15-2007, 12:45 PM
the fact is maybe you can find them online but like 1-bar said, your going to be paying easily and additional $300 on top of what ever price you find on a online store

what really gets me fired up is people who order stuff from a shop and expect it asap. if its not in stock order it, and just wait for the call. hell i have ordered things and forgot that i even did when they came.

for example

bride zeta III sport

online i could order it for $650us

$150 for shipping

$100 for COD

there we go the price i was given from a shop is already cheaper

Oh wait, how about another example

walbaro 255lph fuel pump

$100us off zilvia sponser

$40 shipping

$10 cod

whoa paid less here, and i picked it up the day i paid for it

and ordering online, is total bullshit. i have seen more people get screwed (including myself) over dumb shit.

and for stoptechs for your car, expect to pay $3000-3500

Teggy2nr
04-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Try Alvin automotive there in the book dont have the number on hand and too lazy to get up

Mitsu3000gt
04-16-2007, 09:38 AM
IMO, never buy car parts locally until you have searched everywhere online first. I saved $1500 on my coilovers alone just buy buying from the states. I've saved alot on everything else I've bought too. Just go on audiworld and ask those guys where the cheapest place is for what you will need, that's probably your best bet. Just don't buy locally unless you have to. Chances are there is one or two shops in the states that most guys get whatever your looking for from, and a place like that is not going to screw you over. Just remember your going to pay GST and possibly duties, depending on how it's shipped. If you don't care about the law, have them shipped as sample parts to avoid duty. I've never had any issues with warranties.

hussein
04-16-2007, 02:06 PM
:drama: It has been stated countless time before that sometimes the savings of buying things online are just too great to buy the same thing locally. Other things, however, are cheaper or make more sense to buy locally.

Just do your research and calculate in your exchange rate and taxes for buying online, and get a few local quotes. Then decide which suits you best.

Soooo offtopic. :banghead:

Isaiah
04-16-2007, 10:25 PM

get a new hobby

That's a really stupid statement. I've never had a problem with you but what a retarded thing to say. Please keep your useless drivel to yourself if you have nothing productive to contribute.

CalgaryB5
04-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Interesting comments on price. IMO the reason that they cost more than what you SEE online is because of the weight of the two 14.5 in rotors. They are heavy mofo.

Are they float rotor or 1-piece rotor? If they are float then the Porsche Service Centre on the other end of the street might have your replacement sitting on their shelf already(only if you know what parts# you are ordering).

Lo)2enz0
04-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

That's a really stupid statement. I've never had a problem with you but what a retarded thing to say. Please keep your useless drivel to yourself if you have nothing productive to contribute.

well suck it up and pay the prices

shit like that is expensive and if you really think i care who you are, i don't, its beyond and you came on bitching cause a price was to high. instead of being a little bitch and wasting peoples time with a thread like this, shut up and do the research yourself or find other prices. I would expect someone of your age to be able to do your own work

maybe i should come on here and be like "which shift knob should get" or any thing for a matter of fact. freaking retarded

Isaiah
04-17-2007, 01:56 PM

shit like that is expensive and if you really think i care who you are, i don't, its beyond and you came on bitching cause a price was to high. instead of being a little bitch and wasting peoples time with a thread like this, shut up and do the research yourself or find other prices. I would expect someone of your age to be able to do your own work

maybe i should come on here and be like "which shift knob should get" or any thing for a matter of fact. freaking retarded
It's a forum. Read my original post. I have already shopped around and was asking for suggestions. If you think it's a waste of time, then don't click on a threat titled "Where to buy Stoptech?" genius.

Edit: In case you still don't get it, that's what the thread title is for.

Gondi Stylez
04-17-2007, 01:59 PM

wow... you should learn to fuckin read... he NEVER said it was too expensive! all he is doing is shopping around and looking for the best possible price! nothing wrong with that! plus, im sure hes well aware that BBKs will cost him 3K or more!

so stop being such a douche... douche

R-Audi
04-17-2007, 02:19 PM

Why are YOU wasting everyones time? Go back to your little emo drift trance. He asked for other retailers, and last I checked its fine to shop around for the best deal. Stoptech isnt exactly a common product..
And IF you could wipe your tears away from your eyes for long enough, you could see he already has a Stoptech kit, and only looking for replacement rotors.

Lo)2enz0
04-17-2007, 02:35 PM
yes it is a forum, and i have hit the point where almost every freaking post in the automotive section is retarded. Go in a audi forum and see if a advertiser on here isn't good enough for you. The guys here do a great job and without them the sport compact scene would be fuck all.

but i am honestly sick of threads so fucking stupid. I miss seeing insane build up threads, or someone doing something with their car that hasn't really been done. As of now its "how do i change my oil", "which car should i buy" or in the case "where can i get this cheaper" i used to be able to surf beyond for a good couple of hours and now its so boring that i will go on for 5 min at a time maybe twice a day

and for your info r-audi the whole emo thing is a joke.

Team_Mclaren
04-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Lo)2enz0:

please just leave this thread.. i dont want to have to close it

R-Audi
04-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Edit after seeing above post.^ Tks.