PDA

View Full Version : first Track Day of the year was awesome! Nice cars too!

BigMass
04-15-2007, 01:11 PM
So yesterday was the first track day of the season and my first time taking out the S2000. Needless to say I was a little nervous in my ability to push the car sooner rather than later. Well let me tell you I love it. I don’t think I’ll be trading in the S2000 anytime soon. The car handles amazing, has enough power for me to have fun and keep up with other high performance vehicles. Neutral handling and just the right amount of oversteer when needed. Definitely nothing like the media hysteria made it out to be. The car is bone stock outside of the Hankook RS-2 I have on the car which performed amazingly well. Definitely would highly recommend them for anyone looking for a well priced street/track tire.

Great cars that day were definitely Rob’s LS1 powered M3 (nothing stock on this bad boy), 2 Lambos, Lotus Exige, couple of Vipers and more BMWs then one could shake a stick at. Three S2000s were there including mine and a few NSXs as well. My friends were driving modest 300zx TT and a Miata which makes an amazingly fun track car. The 300zx looked great out there but paid the price for being a heavy car by cooking it’s brakes rather early.

The Lambos were a bust, the Diablo went out once and had brake issues and I never seen the Murcielago go out. The best was Rob’s M3 battling with Greg (the instructor) in his Viper. Once corner passing sessions come into effect these two are going to be tearing up the track like their racing careers depended on it. I’m looking forward to this rivalry all season.

Well im not good at details and I never take pictures, but I did take a few crappy ones (not much action because I was driving too) so here they are.

(my S2000)

BigMass
04-15-2007, 01:12 PM
my S2000 again

BigMass
04-15-2007, 01:12 PM
my friends 300zx TT

BigMass
04-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Diablo

BigMass
04-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Murcielago

BigMass
04-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Viper passing Exige (Viper wins sorry :P)

BigMass
04-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Rob's LS1 powered BMW (the one with black wheels giving Greg's Viper hell.

Rob was running HUGE stoptech brakes and slicks. Awesome car.

JAYMEZ
04-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Looks like fun! Wish i could have been there :burnout:

BigMass
04-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah i almost forgot about the supercharged NSX that burst into flames and the grass cought fire lol. Sorry no pics of that :\

4doorj
04-15-2007, 02:09 PM
sweet!!!!!
looksl ike alot of fun

adam c
04-15-2007, 02:16 PM
i saw that lotus downtown on thursday being followed by a yellow S2000.. why is the viper on the track in the last pic with the bmws?

BigMass
04-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by adam c
i saw that lotus downtown on thursday being followed by a yellow S2000.. why is the viper on the track in the last pic with the bmws?

why not?

adam c
04-15-2007, 02:21 PM
cause they don't allow it? i dunno

BigMass
04-15-2007, 02:26 PM

That modified BMW is faster than the Viper. Plus there is no rule like that

TeamBestBud
04-15-2007, 02:28 PM

Its not drag racing.

pulse_crx
04-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Is this open to the public? or are you guys a club of some sort? I would love to bring my MR2 out onto the road course.

BigMass
04-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by pulse_crx
Is this open to the public? or are you guys a club of some sort? I would love to bring my MR2 out onto the road course.

yeah this is a private club and i think its full for this year, but lots of public track days are out there this year. Track Techniques has a bunch and beyond has a couple

LUCKYSTRIKE
04-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Yeah this is the "Exotic Car Club". The club WAS full but A guy hit that wooden platform (where they stand and wave the flags) in pit lane and destroyed it, he was expelled from the club.

403Gemini
04-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by LUCKYSTRIKE
Yeah this is the "Exotic Car Club". The club WAS full but A guy hit that wooden platform (where they stand and wave the flags) in pit lane and destroyed it, he was expelled from the club.

"Exotic car club"

... i see s2000's... im confused... ;)

BigMass
04-16-2007, 12:08 AM

holy crap did this happen on Sunday? i need details lol

speedracer
04-16-2007, 12:21 AM

WTF? It's a huge obstacle to miss.....:rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
04-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Does anyone know if that "exotic car experience" is still in business? The website is gone (afaik). It was like $120 for a few laps in a Diablo, and I'd pay that in a second. I was also very curious as to how it was operated, like if it was just owners of those cars wanting to make a bit of cash on the side or if the company owned the vehicles.

any info would be appreciated

R-Audi
04-16-2007, 08:31 AM
AFAIK It was only open for owners to run their cars.. not a 'rent a car' type deal. I belive you also had to know someone to even be considered for membership.

Oh, and you can bring whatever car you want... doesnt have to be an exotic. Back in the day there were a few race prepped older RX-7's...

BigMass
04-16-2007, 09:52 AM
i'm hoping more clubs like these form to where every single weekend there is a track-day. Lets face it, Race City is a mosquito infested dive. Smells and the track is falling apart like our city roads. It needs support to turn it into something a tad more modern and city slicker friendly. Nice indoor lounge with vending machines and a more classy washroom lol. Also would be nice to have the track resurfaced with paved run-offs and possible dug-in fence to minimize or eliminate gophers on the track. They should also spray the whole damn place surrounding the track for mosquitoes because it gets insane in summer. But it costs money so i hope it becomes successful and money gets put back into it

Toms-SC
04-16-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't see any beyond track days scheduled.

BigMass
04-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
I don't see any beyond track days scheduled.

I'd think Rage would be all over organizing something like that. I know there were a bunch in the past though i have never attended one personally. I really see this as the step up over friday night drag races and auto-x. I think most people with good handling lower powered import cars would have more fun on the road course then on a drag-strip. I know i would.

speedracer
04-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Go here
http://www.cscc.ab.ca
Get a Solo 1 License

or here

http://www.wcma.ca
Get a FIA Competition License

Then more tracks days will open up to you.

Kaos
04-16-2007, 10:39 AM
why is the viper on the track in the last pic with the bmws?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I take it that you've never been to any track days?
Some BMW's are just faster than viper's.

91tomstwo
04-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I take it that you've never been to any track days?
Some BMW's are just faster than viper's.

I think he thought it was a drag race event. I thought the same thing as well. i.e. It looks like the Viper is starting his run while the BMW's haven't finished yet. Let's face it, the thread states "First Track day of the year". That could be road race, drag race, heck even AutoX.

-kl

LUCKYSTRIKE
04-17-2007, 10:03 PM
One of those BMW's had an LS1 in it, it hauled ass. Looked like it was faster then the viper or on par with it.