PDA

View Full Version : Drive trip to vegas

Dragon X
06-06-2003, 06:07 PM
I have hotels booked for july 28th to aug 3rd for a little vacation for me and my wife. first big roadtrip together, how long is the drive to vegas? ive got hotel booked for 3 nights in vegas and i wanna leave here and get there before check-in time. and also might want like 4 hour rest time halfway there too (salt lake city?). from there im heading to LA and San diego then back. anyone ever tak this trip? (last time i was in vegas i was like 9 so i dont remember much)

04blackMAX
06-06-2003, 06:45 PM
why wouldnt you fly, i bet its cheaper with a flight....sure roadtrip, but you know its like a 24 hour drive

Dragon X
06-06-2003, 06:50 PM
ill take driving rather then fly anyday, i love roadtrips!!, yeah i know its somehwere around 24 hours, i was wonder how long it was for anyone else like alternate routes (scenic). so i should give myself around 30 hours (including some rest time and stopping?)

missblondie
06-06-2003, 07:02 PM
the drive to vegas is about 19 hours... and the highways are great so it flys by. I did the trip in november and loved the drive. The direct route through I-15 is probably your best bet cuz the traffic moves so nice and your only slow part will be through Salt lake city cuz the traffic from the city.. Have Fun!

CRXguy
06-06-2003, 08:44 PM
I'm driving down to Vegas Sunday morning. I'll report back how the driving went next weekend. :D

Let's hope the shaggin' wagon comes back in one piece. :rofl:

davidI
06-06-2003, 08:50 PM
We did it in 18 hours once. 3 Drivers and hauled right through....it was sweet cause we rolled down the strip at like 5 am and got early check-in. Have a great trip!

ZorroAMG
06-07-2003, 01:22 AM
normal 85MPH driving should get you there in 22 Hrs..the speed limit is like 80 all the way then BAMM!!!! 55MPH in Salt Lake...Grrrrr! Boring drive though, something i would only do once to say I did it, never again...

Have a safe and fun trip...