PDA

View Full Version : Edward Norton takes 'Hulk' lead

89coupe
04-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Coo! http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2007/04/16/4034639-zap.html

Marvel's upcoming reboot of "The Incredible Hulk" has landed Edward Norton as its leading man.

According to Variety, the Oscar nominated "Illusionist" and "American History X" star will play scientist Bruce Banner in the Universal-distributed comic book adaptation. Louis Leterrier ("Unleashed") is directing "The Incredible Hulk," which already has a June 13, 2008 release date.

Norton steps in for Eric Bana, who played Bruce Banner in Ang Lee's "Hulk." The new film isn't exactly a sequel to Lee's effort, but it picks up with Banner on the run, battling with the big green creature that lurks within. Zak Penn, a Marvel veteran from his work on the scripts for "Elektra," "Fantastic Four" and "X-Men," wrote the fresh "Hulk."

Marvel will begin production on "The Incredible Hulk" this summer in Toronto.

"Edward Norton is a rare talent and one of the most versatile actors in the business," Marvel Studios Production President Kevin Feige says in a statement. "His ability to transform into a particular role makes him the ideal choice to take on the character of Bruce Banner and the Hulk. Edward is perfectly suited to bring one of the most popular and important Marvel icons to the big screen in a new and exciting way."

Norton is no stranger to playing characters with barely repressed demons, tapping duality in films ranging from "Primal Fear" to "Fight Club." He'll next appear opposite Colin Farrell in "Pride and Glory" from New Line.

403Gemini
04-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Norton is a fantastic choice for this :thumbsup:

Lo)2enz0
04-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Norton is awsome. but lets hope its not a disaster like the last one

03ozwhip
04-17-2007, 11:27 AM
with Edward Norton, there shouldnt be a crappy minute. i havent seen anything that he has done that was bad.

Xtrema
04-17-2007, 11:41 AM
It must be a good script for him to sign on.

Last one sucked and I'm surprise they work on a new one so quick.

Hoey
04-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
Norton is awsome. but lets hope its not a disaster like the last one

:werd: The last one blew, but Nortons never let me down.:thumbsup:

Revhard
04-17-2007, 01:14 PM
The last one had great action scenes, and anybody who read the comic knows they did the Hulk justice in regards to looks,etc.
The story dragged, and wasn't 100% accurate.

Edward Norton will make this movie, looking forward to it.

treg50
04-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Ed Norton? What the hell is that? Eric Bana was fine for the role. I like Ed Norton great actor but he looks more like Side-Show Bob than a superhero.

Everyone said the first Hulk movie sucked, it was no good, don't see it... I saw it and I thought what the hell were those people talking about. The movie was better than I thought it would be. Visually they did an amazing job. Few comicbook-turned-movies are 100% accurate to the comic. It starts out a little weird but gets better.

Ed Norton? WEIRD, but then again if they can turn the LOST dude into Xerxes...

no_joke
04-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Quiet, Norton! Hulk hate puny Norton... Hulk strongest one there is!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

89coupe
06-13-2007, 03:53 PM
The Cast
http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2007/06/13/4257631-zap.html

No stranger to occasionally hulking out on set, William Hurt has joined the cast of "The Incredible Hulk."

Louis Leterrier ("Transporter 2") is directing "The Incredible Hulk," which is being presented as a reimagining of the franchise, rather than a sequel to Ang Lee's "Hulk" feature.

Edward Norton previously signed on to replace Eric Bana in the Bruce Banner role with Liv Tyler stepping in for Jennifer Connelly as Betsy Ross. Tim Roth will play Banner and the Hulk's adversary Emil Blonsky, a.k.a. Abomination in the Zak Penn-scripted film.

Hurt, an Oscar winner for "Kiss of the Spider Woman," will play "Thunderbolt" Ross, Betsy's father and a military officer sworn to capture the Hulk. The role was played by Sam Elliott in the 2003 "Hulk."

Universal is distributing with Marvel producing "The Incredible Hulk" independently. Shooting will begin this summer in Toronto with an eye toward a June 13, 2008 release date.

Hurt has been particularly busy since earning his fourth Academy Award nomination in 2006 for "A History of Violence." Currently appearing in the thriller "Mr. Brooks," Hurt was last seen in "The Good Shepherd," with "Noise," "Vantage Point" and "Into the Wild" in the can.

spyce
06-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by treg50
Ed Norton? What the hell is that? Eric Bana was fine for the role. I like Ed Norton great actor but he looks more like Side-Show Bob than a superhero.

Everyone said the first Hulk movie sucked, it was no good, don't see it... I saw it and I thought what the hell were those people talking about. The movie was better than I thought it would be. Visually they did an amazing job. Few comicbook-turned-movies are 100% accurate to the comic. It starts out a little weird but gets better.

Ed Norton? WEIRD, but then again if they can turn the LOST dude into Xerxes...

and if they can turn topher grace into venom.. ;)