PDA

View Full Version : Where can I watch the Canucks game 2nite? Bell?

DowntownCowboy
04-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Ex-Vancouverite living in Calgary, and it looks like Game 4 Canucks vs Stars is only on in CBC in BC.

Since CBC is playing the Sens followed by the Flames game naturally, I doubt any pubs will be playing it. I don't have a satellite but can find a friend who does, so does anyone know if Bell will have the BC feed available? Or is it blacked out (do you need a special package)?

Thanks!

Dren
04-17-2007, 11:17 AM
you need to find someone that has bell /starchoice..that has CBC time shifting...then you should be able to get the game

adamc
04-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Melrose Cafe & Bar HAS had the last few Canucks games on, WITH sound (which is unusual for a Calgary bar).

I'm a displaced BC person as well, so when I feel watching it in a crowd, I head over there.. otherwise I'll just throw it on tv.

R!zz0
04-17-2007, 11:25 AM
TSN or Sportsnet. If not, then just watch the flames game instead and think that you're watching th canucks. :D

l8braker
04-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Any big sports bars (ie, Shanks) will definitely have both games on.

DowntownCowboy
04-17-2007, 11:42 AM
TSN is playing the other 2 American games, and Sportsnet doesn't have any playoff hockey.

The Canucks have a 6pm MST start time, so even if a Melrose would play it, they'd for sure flip mid-game to the Flames game at 8pm. And at Schanks I'd be getting audio from the Flames game blasting too... looks like Satellite is the only way to go!

bluetek
04-17-2007, 11:47 AM
They might be streaming it on cbc.ca? I know they did that for a game or two just a couple games back during these playoffs. Anyway check it out, and lemme know cuz i wouldent mind watching the start of it and flip to it on intermissions and what not.

Xtrema
04-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by R!zz0
TSN or Sportsnet. If not, then just watch the flames game instead and think that you're watching th canucks. :D

Only if the Flames was doing that well.

adamc
04-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm going to Melrose for the first 2hrs, if and when they flip it over to the flames, I'll walk home and catch the rest.

DowntownCowboy
04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
My friend called Melrose and they'll have 1 or 2 TV's showing the entire Canucks game, but of course once the Flames start audio will be all Flames.

Hose & Hound has 2 satellites but one is not working so they will only be playing Flames.

adamc
04-17-2007, 04:21 PM
there is some confusion on the actual time of this game..

nux page says 5:00pm (assuming that's bc time), which would mean 6pm our time, 2 hrs before the flames are set to start..

TeamBestBud
04-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Canucks games coming on Channel 4...CBC feed:thumbsup: