PDA

View Full Version : New Civic Si where to Buy?

meilleur24
04-17-2007, 12:47 PM
As Title says I'm looking for a new Civic Si ...... just wanting to know if anyone has any suggestions what Dealership I should deal with.....thanks

01RedDX
04-17-2007, 12:51 PM

Speed_69
04-17-2007, 12:53 PM
isn't there like a 6month waitlist for the civic si?

HuyNh_SI
04-17-2007, 01:01 PM
There's a pretty big wait list for the new SI, and since demand is so high there wasn't any sitting around for me to test drive. But i can tell you their amazing, I checked around the honda's and they all tell me different things, i ended up buying from T&T pretty much on the spot because i was satisfied with black and didn't want to wait 4 months for the white one. I heard it was abit cheaper at the dealership in red deer, so maybe go check them out or call around to smaller towns with a honda dealership.

rc2002
04-17-2007, 01:04 PM
I think it's artificial demand and a bunch of bad information being spread around. The wait list is non existent - you can go in and order one up if you really want one.

I've gotten a couple of calls from Honda now telling me that there are civic si's available for test drives, so it's not like there's a huge shortage of them.

Anton
04-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
PM Anton, he works at Honda West. I got a great deal when I bought my new Civic from him, he's a good guy.

It's not as much of a wait list but it's that SIs don't get allocated to us so we always have to sell one first and then order it. Wait is anywhere from 4 to 6 months, that's a fact. Now, there are ways that dealerships get those cars and have some on the lot but as far as I know, none are available for test drive unless it's been sold to you and there is a deposit on it and the test drive is just a condition on the bill of sale.

We have 2 SIs in stock, white and galaxy grey.

Loud-N-Clear
04-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Swing by Calgary Honda.:thumbsup:

chathamf
04-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Village Honda. Deal with Mau Han. He is hilarious.

SIVIC
04-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Great choice..

_wrx_
04-17-2007, 07:12 PM
if there is a shortage which im pretty sure honda west would because i use to work there the wait is around 3 months.

Calgarian
04-17-2007, 10:09 PM
T&T Honda has SI's in stock.

redline
04-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Anton

none are available for test drive unless it's been sold to you and there is a deposit on it and the test drive is just a condition on the bill of sale.

it is Civic not a Ferrari... no test drive....:thumbsdow

Klobi-1-Kinobi
04-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by redline

it is Civic not a Ferrari... no test drive....:thumbsdow

I agree. Seems silly to have to buy a car before you can test drive it. If I cant test drive a car that I'm interested in then it gets scratched off the list, simple.

Aleks
04-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Klobi-1-Kinobi

I agree. Seems silly to have to buy a car before you can test drive it. If I cant test drive a car that I'm interested in then it gets scratched off the list, simple.

If there is one on the lot I agree, but if they simply don't have any how do you drive it? You either wait till they get one that's not spoken for or you put a deposit down get one in and drive it.

Seems only people that are upset about not being able to drive the Si are the ones that have no interest in actually buying one and just would like to take one for a rip :dunno:

lilmira
04-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, they probably don't make enough units to put a demo at every dealership. Think about it the opposite way, would you like to have a car that has been test driven for the price of a brand new?

It's no Ferrari but it's still limited. They could have given one demo unit to every province and let it circulate among the dealers. They probably didn't bother since all the units were spoken for at the beginning.

eb0i
04-18-2007, 10:53 AM
The girlfriend bought on 07 Civic Si from High River Honda from a guy name Jason. The wait was about 4 months but definitely worth it. I love that car:burnout:

The pricing was about $500 cheaper than in this city too...so that was a plus. I totally recommend checking it out. Just give them a call and ask for Jason. :thumbsup:

eb0i
04-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

If there is one on the lot I agree, but if they simply don't have any how do you drive it? You either wait till they get one that's not spoken for or you put a deposit down get one in and drive it.

Seems only people that are upset about not being able to drive the Si are the ones that have no interest in actually buying one and just would like to take one for a rip :dunno:

Exactly. We never got to test drive it either, but the plan was to put the deposit on it and try it when it came in. If we didn't like it then we would have just said no to buying it. I guess we could have tried the lower model civic coupe to see what it felt like. But in the end we totally have no regrets. I actually love ripping around in that car more than I do in mine...haha.

stevieo
04-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by eb0i
The girlfriend bought on 07 Civic Si from High River Honda from a guy name Jason. The wait was about 4 months but definitely worth it. I love that car:burnout:

The pricing was about $500 cheaper than in this city too...so that was a plus. I totally recommend checking it out. Just give them a call and ask for Jason. :thumbsup:

my family got a car from him as well, hes a very nice guy.

teggypimp95
04-18-2007, 11:14 AM
The si would be perfect with a differnt dash board. Man that thing is ugly! its Huge!

Speed_69
04-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
The si would be perfect with a differnt dash board. Man that thing is ugly! its Huge!
:werd: Exactly my thoughts. I absolutely hate the digital speedometer, that's the biggest thing that deters me from wanting to buy that car and the backend could use abit of an improvement but overall..nice car! :thumbsup:

Dj_Stylz
04-18-2007, 12:59 PM
I know you want a new one but if you want a used one heres one
http://www.parkitandsellit.com/vdb/viewauto.php?id=000003300

01RedDX
04-18-2007, 01:18 PM