PDA

View Full Version : The official 2F-2F The movie thread

Moonracer
06-06-2003, 10:29 PM
:nut: Let the flamming begin! It was corny, it was cheezy, luckily it was only a movie. :rolleyes:

ecstasy_civic
06-06-2003, 10:44 PM
was it that bad??

Zephyr
06-06-2003, 10:49 PM
r there any worth looking at chicks? if there r then i might go see..

AJX
06-06-2003, 11:26 PM
i think the comedic factor in this movie was pretty good - kept it more interesting... i enjoyed it

RiCE-DaDDy
06-06-2003, 11:27 PM
hows the story?? worse than the first??

ryder_23
06-06-2003, 11:29 PM
It actually kept pace rather well, not too many boring momments, pretty short movie thou. I didnt find it too too bad....and atleast this time they had some freeway "gumball" style driving threw traffic...and yes, it was pretty funny...comedy is the shit and it can make any movie good.

Zephyr
06-06-2003, 11:31 PM
yes yes comedy, but how r the girls???

ugh because of this movie, the news just said that they will pull over any car that was seen in a street race before and immediately impound it and the police r given the right to sell the car....man i really hate california legislature...well i guess i'll be going to the police auction these days hahaha

ryder_23
06-06-2003, 11:38 PM
Sell the cars...holy crap...thats insane. Dont know if we got that up here.

Girls were pretty decent...

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 12:13 AM
Lots of hot chicks, good camera work and plenty of action. It was entertaining :thumbsup:

Davetronz
06-07-2003, 12:14 AM
LOL I watched the original F&F tonight. Yea I am a hurt case, but check out my rant topic about being bored :rolleyes:

V6-BoI
06-07-2003, 12:22 AM
Is it that bad? The sun gave it a better rating than the first one.

Redlyne_mr2
06-07-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by V6-BoI
Is it that bad? The sun gave it a better rating than the first one.
Dude seriously ...the Calgary Sun:thumbsdow I heard from my roomates that it sucked and theyre the biggest ricers in the world

GTS Jeff
06-07-2003, 12:33 AM
its definitely better than the first. there werent many corny lines and not many technical errors made. the main thing that pissed me off is that the BOVs only seemed to work at idle, but not when they drove :dunno:. the chick in the pink s2k is definitely bone-able. storyline is better than the first, but still quite simplistic for a high-budget movie. and the acting sucked.

BigShow
06-07-2003, 12:51 AM
this movie was horrible, i almost fell asleep

szw
06-07-2003, 12:51 AM
I thought the movie was great. They didn't talk much about cars so people couldn't make fun of their mistakes later. No 5 minute 1/4 mile races. Lots of action and was pretty funny.

The chick in the s2000 looked so nasty in the ad for the movie but she was cuter in the movie because she didn't have that pissed off look she does in the ad. haha

I think 'bro' was the most used word in the movie.

ConVict
06-07-2003, 01:23 AM
its BRAH not bro. The movie was alright I can't say it was great but it was ok. If anyone seen the movie I think they had a leak in their NOS tanks when they hit it. Made em all high and shit and made the lights go trippy. Thats the only way I can explain the light speed nos cars.
best line of the movie
"best chance we got is saving the NOS for the return trip"
ya because only going FAST on the way back will make up for your slow ass start ?!?!

James
06-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by ConVict
its BRAH not bro. The movie was alright I can't say it was great but it was ok.

That got sooooooo annoying! "BRAH" and "CUUZ"...just retarded :rofl:

szw
06-07-2003, 02:06 AM
No i think the white guy called the black guy bro, and the black guy called the white guy brah

haha

Fluidic
06-07-2003, 03:22 AM
I enjoyed the movie. It didn't have nearly as many errors as the first movie -- overall -- an enjoyable movie that I would be willing to purchase when it's released on DVD.

Peter

benyl
06-07-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by BigShow
this movie was horrible, i almost fell asleep

:werd: I fell asleep in the middle. The undercover chick was hot.

bosa
06-07-2003, 09:39 AM
I'm going to go see it today. :)

Gonein60...ft.
06-07-2003, 10:54 AM
what i like was the BOV on the Eclipse Spyder.......didn t anyone tell them 99 was the last turbocharged year?? Wel i guess there is a company making a turbo for the third gen, but still......I thought one of the feature cars would be a little more appealing.....anyone wonder what car company put the most dollars into the movie???haha

PS-the Skyline was hot.

SeRb
06-07-2003, 11:05 AM
im blind and i didnt see this:nut:

Ben
06-07-2003, 11:30 AM
I had fun cruising the theaters taking pics of the ricers, forget the silver screens, outside the theater was where thet magic was happening.

preludeSR
06-07-2003, 11:36 AM
post the pics:thumbsup:

Ben
06-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by preludeSR
post the pics:thumbsup:
I'm at work right now and then I'm hitting up the theaters again for wave 2.
I'll have a fully detailed report for monday morning.:thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
06-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I had fun cruising the theaters taking pics of the ricers, forget the silver screens, outside the theater was where thet magic was happening. haha i did the same..fileld up a dispoable cam with 27 pics of rice.

T-rus
06-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Movie was a little bit better then the first. But like some people said, the comedy factor helped keep me awake in this one. I'd hit the under cover cop.

Ben
06-07-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
haha i did the same..fileld up a dispoable cam with 27 pics of rice.

muhahahaha

took over 100pics last night, plan to do better tonight because it will be light out at 7pm instead of 10-11pm

mwmhong
06-07-2003, 01:37 PM
LOL! You guys are brutal!

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:08 PM
I took a few shots in the parking lot before the show at chinook of the Urban dream show and shine, enjoy!

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:08 PM

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:09 PM

BigShow
yeah you guys should post all of your pics!!

Moonracer

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:11 PM

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:11 PM

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:12 PM

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:12 PM

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:13 PM

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:17 PM

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:18 PM

Moonracer
06-07-2003, 02:18 PM

l/l/rX
06-07-2003, 05:03 PM
nice pics...were there alot of cars out? looks like quite a few spectators. im going to go see the movie on sunday :D

hey ben and gts_jeff....was there alot of rice? or lots of cars like the ones above? cant wait till we see these pics :D

Ben
06-07-2003, 05:04 PM
TONNES of bastardized cars, I would say 1 car of every 20 was acceptable.

Redlyne_mr2
06-07-2003, 05:08 PM
I sure hope the candy red civic with the pink interior and white rims belongs to a girl otherwise that driver is the gayest guy alive

Ben
06-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I sure hope the candy red civic with the pink interior and white rims belongs to a girl otherwise that driver is the gayest guy alive

yeah, its a girls car, I'm taking pics of it for her, will have more.

l/l/rX
06-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Ben
TONNES of bastardized cars, I would say 1 car of every 20 was acceptable.

oo man thats sad. i guess this is when all the ricers come out of the closet:rolleyes: and show them selves.

omar_allibhai
06-07-2003, 09:58 PM
man this movie was hillaious, the lancer, eclipse spyder, supra and skyline were beautiful. Ohh and cant forget the S2000. (that chick was so fine)
the only thing i didnt like was the "american muscel cars" especially the dodge charger.
but other than that it was a good show
ohh and the cop chick was pretty fine too.

ConVict
06-07-2003, 09:59 PM
I just realized I didnt make fun of something.Is it me or just the bad trip I was on but did the pink s2000 have pink flames coming out of the exhaust, the skyline had blue, the rx7 had red and the supra was yellow ish... cause we all know you can really do that.

what mod do you got ... " I got dyed flames out of my exhaust "

Redlyne_mr2
06-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by omar_allibhai
man this movie was hillaious, the lancer, eclipse spyder, supra and skyline were beautiful. Ohh and cant forget the S2000. (that chick was so fine)
the only thing i didnt like was the "american muscel cars" especially the dodge charger.
but other than that it was a good show
ohh and the cop chick was pretty fine too.
The imports were basically stock cars with graphics:thumbsdow , the muscle cars were actually decently built

sexualbanana
06-08-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer
[B It was corny, it was cheezy, [/B]
dude, did u not see the first one??

Moonracer
06-08-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

dude, did u not see the first one??

LOL yeah of course I did, I was just stating that it was the same in that respect which was what I was expecting. I did like it however for the camera work and the sound plus the cars and action of course.

Abom
06-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Just watched it. Reading all the posts here BEFORE I watched it myself, I was expecting a very bad movie. But actually, this one is better than the first. It wasn't revolved around the cars so much this time, but rather an actual story. Sure it wasn't the best story, cheesy and corny at times, but overall, I think they made a good movie.

You have to remember that Hollywood makes movies that sell. What kind of money would they make if they made a car enthusiast documentary at the race track? Not even half as much as a movie like Fast & Furious can make. Yes the movie gives street racers a bad rep, but since when did street racing have a good rep in the first place? :dunno: I think the movie is good entertainment, and worth watching. As long as you don't expect a realistic view of street racing, it's fun to watch :thumbsup:

SilverRex
06-08-2003, 06:29 PM
finally watched it this afternoon, not really great but I think is better than the first one...

GT2NV
06-08-2003, 06:30 PM
couldnt agree with you more

l/l/rX
06-08-2003, 08:32 PM
i liked the movie. the first race scene wasnt corny like the one in the original fast and furious, except for that bridge part. and yea like someone said on here..."brah" "bro" and "cuzz" got pretty damn annoying. that chick with the pink s2k was pretty damn sexxi :D ahaha. but overall the movie was better than the first one, cept for some of the cars. some/most of the cars in the first one were better.

eur0
06-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

lmao :rofl: :werd: i thought ed the sohc (wherever he went) crossed over haha, where is that guy anyways?

sin
06-08-2003, 11:22 PM
haha ya its a chicks car, but she doesnt seem the type, i hear shes a lawyer

Hash_man
06-09-2003, 12:55 AM
Personally, I like the first one Waaaaay better, i totally disagree with everyone that this one is better. The racing was retarded, and not like real street racing at all... i mean 16 gears and turns at over 80mph and jumpin off a damn bridge... COME on people! :(

I think the cars were a bit nicer in this one, but the ones in the first movie were on the most part actually fast not just pieces of shit. and the BRah and Bro shit got really annoying....

This kind of plot was never meant to be in this movie! I thought it was supposed to be about damn street racing, not stupid cop movie with ricey cars!!! aaaarrrgghhh!

The imports were basically stock cars with graphics , the muscle cars were actually decently built

Not quite true, the S2000 was supercharged and pretty damn fast, the other cars would have been somewhat fast but they had the shit driven out of them so they were wrecked.. read it in SCC

creeper
06-09-2003, 02:43 PM
save your money and stay home, you will regret seeing this film.

Wildcat
06-09-2003, 02:55 PM
3 things that were all wrong with 2F2F:

1) Acting (given, worst ive ever seen... "Glitter" could almost put this movie to shame, if you disagree; then well... your a fucking idiot)
2) Cars with 16 gears... :rolleyes:
3) Too much fucking spanish! :banghead:

Whats even worse is that a movie costs $14.00 now... ill never get that back

NickGT
06-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Good movie, lots of action, the street racing at the beginning made me dizzy almost cause i couldnt follow what the hell was happening. The muscle cars owned, and in real life their spec sheets are respectable. The imports were nice to look at, but the real life specs on them were disappointing.

final verdict: I'll be buying it.

Oh and as a side note, I bought the "tricked out version" just to checkout the added on bit that explains what happened. And boy was I let down.. I was hoping it would just continue after the movie, but instead i sat through all of the credits, just to watch several minutes where nobody talked. But at least they tied the 2 movies together rather well.

Abom
06-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Hash_man
This kind of plot was never meant to be in this movie! I thought it was supposed to be about damn street racing, not stupid cop movie with ricey cars!!! aaaarrrgghhh!

Dude, the movie is NOT about fucking street racing, why does no one understand that? The movie is, as you said, a cop movie with performance tuned cars. The performance tuned cars are only there because they don't exist in any other cop movie, making 2F2F unqiue. It's not about fucking street racing.

Hash_man
06-09-2003, 11:01 PM
Whatever, i really realize that now, I wish they had kept more along the lines of the first one. Much better in my opinion... What was even worse, is that today in mechanics class, i was talkin to some kids about how i thought the movie was so unrealistic. And they said that they were downshifting too, not 18 gears, although they were accelerating everytime they shifted.. and they were dumb enough to say that the skyline has different weight and stuff so it could jump off a bridge And leave without a scratch.

Abom
06-09-2003, 11:03 PM
they were dumb enough to say that the skyline has different weight and stuff so it could jump off a bridge And leave without a scratch.

:rofl:

Melinda
06-11-2003, 09:00 AM
We saw this movie last night. Not too bad, hard to really say which is better from the first to the second because each movie focused on different things. First one was all about hoe's, bitches and the street racing world. This one took ALOT of focus OFF of street racing (props to them for that) This one was more story oriented (even though the plot was pretty predictable) For once I was happy to see the two girls not end up someone's girlfriend (though it was close with the cop)

It certainly was easy to pick out the lines that are gonna come redundant and laughed about over the next year or so till hollywood pumps out another one.

I gave the first one 7 out of 10.
This one gets 7.5 out of 10 cause it took a lot off of the illegal stuff (I realize the whole movie was based on illegal activites but I'm talking more about what the 16 year old kids are gonna do, it's a little hard for them to take part in transporting mega money across florida for a drug dealer.) Now instead of heading out to kill everyone in mommy's mini van, they're just gonna put aluminum wings and HUGE stickers all over their sunfires (that nopi stickercharged sunfire on the hoist in the garage was enough to make me cringe) and think that it makes them cool. :thumbsup:

Just like FoxLX, I'll end up buying it when it hits the stores, but it issn't a movie i'll run back to the theatres to see again and again.

Mel

TEG_G2
06-11-2003, 09:40 AM
This movie blows! :thumbsdow didn't like it at all.

szw
06-11-2003, 12:50 PM
They shoulda had a pizza boy in this one too.

ConVict
06-11-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
We saw this movie last night. Not too bad, hard to really say which is better from the first to the second because each movie focused on different things. First one was all about hoe's, bitches and the street racing world. This one took ALOT of focus OFF of street racing (props to them for that) This one was more story oriented (even though the plot was pretty predictable) For once I was happy to see the two girls not end up someone's girlfriend (though it was close with the cop)
Mel

Are you for real. I am a guy and I thought it was brutal how they portrayed women in this movie. The start of the movie was a bunch of good looking girls walking around with tight ass shit washing the guys car while he stood there bosing them around.

IF that was how it was in real life I wouldnt complain it just got my hopes up :D

sexualbanana
06-11-2003, 01:21 PM
the "TRICKED OUT" fnf dvd comes with free admission to 2fast. but it's as mail in rebate.

Super_Geo
06-11-2003, 01:23 PM
I saw the movie and it was so much better than the last one. Taking the focus off of getting cars to run in a straight line was a great idea :)

Melinda
06-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by ConVict

Are you for real. I am a guy and I thought it was brutal how they portrayed women in this movie. The start of the movie was a bunch of good looking girls walking around with tight ass shit washing the guys car while he stood there bosing them around.

IF that was how it was in real life I wouldnt complain it just got my hopes up :D
Hmm Conner if you read what I said more closely, I said that I was happy the MAIN girls didn't end up being some guys gf. I said nothing about how women are portrayed in the movie, girls will always be portrayed like that in movies that are geared towards men.

STI-Guy
06-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Not quite true, the S2000 was supercharged and pretty damn fast, the other cars would have been somewhat fast but they had the shit driven out of them so they were wrecked.. read it in SCC

You're not serious, are you? All of the cars except for the S2000 performed much worse than STOCK. You'd never expect a 15 out of an Evo, but looky here...

And this is a movie. All the cars were trailered around.

szw
06-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Who cares if the real cars aren't fast? The chase scenes were probably filmed at 15mph

Guess what, the dinosaurs in jurrasic park aren't real!

Hash_man
06-11-2003, 05:07 PM
You're not serious, are you? All of the cars except for the S2000 performed much worse than STOCK. You'd never expect a 15 out of an Evo, but looky here...

Dude i know thaat, I clearly said that they would be fast had they not been wrecked from the filming, and most of them having really high miles, like the 93 supra having over 90,000miles on the odo.

04blackMAX
06-11-2003, 05:08 PM
hey i thought it was funny as hell, without tyrese it would have suked, but way better then the first one!!

maybe they will make one for all you jdm fans, since you burn on this movie so much..hmmm what toi call it 2 jdm 2 overpriced?

all in all a good flick, made me wanna live in florida

Ajay
06-12-2003, 05:39 PM
I just watched it last night. I didn't have to pay for it.....got two free movie passes from my work! So if it sucked it didn't matter to me.

I think this one was better than the first one in the fact that there actually was a story line in this one. Yah it was corny at times and I'm disappointed they didn't have more of the Skyline involved. What was also interesting too was the Eclipse seemed to sound like it had a turbo but when they popped the hood of the car at Ludacris' garage no turbo looked to be present. Maybe it had one of those blow off valve sound gizmo thingys!!!!

Anyways....I'm probably gonna buy the DVD when it comes out...I liked the action sequences cause I can relate to that more than street racing....I weave in and out of traffic like mad!

PLUS....that female cop was FINE AS HELL!

sexualbanana
06-18-2003, 01:50 AM
i feel the need to revive this thread cuz i just saw it saturday nite and wanted to add my opinion.

it was great for what it was. a movie. the director himself said that he signed onto this movie because he just wanted to make a popcorn movie. there's no underlying message, there's no social commentary (like his other movies ie. menace ii society). it's just a fun way to be entertained for 2 hours.

EstoMax
06-18-2003, 11:50 PM
just wanted to add.. when the black guy with the bangs was at the waterski races with his loudspeaker, after he got his money, if u look closely u can see their mostly 1 dollar bills :rofl:

and i agree this movie had some of the worst acting ever

max

EG STyLeZ
06-19-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Lt. Max
just wanted to add.. when the black guy with the bangs was at the waterski races with his loudspeaker, after he got his money, if u look closely u can see their mostly 1 dollar bills :rofl:

max

:D yeah i noticed that too!