PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of a lease / Leasebusters

lewdvig
04-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Hey guys,

Any of you have experience with cancelling a lease or leasebusters?

I would like to get out of the lease on my 2006 Maxima SE so that I can get a Frontier or Tacoma. Payments on the car with taxes in is low $400 and the buy out is $15-16k.

If I cancel early how nasty is that?

If any of you guys have used leasebusters how smooth does it work? What are the final fees like?

RZRSHARP_SVX
04-17-2007, 05:43 PM
you could get someone to take over the lease. thats what my parents did in the past.

that way no more payments and you can get your new truck.
otherwise you would have to pay-out the rest of your term

ps go with the tacoma much better than frontier

BlueFrenzy
04-17-2007, 06:12 PM
A friend of mine leased a 2005 Accord from Leasebusters and he says that the transaction is very smooth ... sign a couple of forms and that's it. Now he wants another car, so he's actually getting out of the lease for the Accord in the next little while and says that all he has to do is pay the processing fee and sign some more papers and that's it. So if you want to get out of your lease for your Maxima, go with Leasebusters.

Cancelling a lease with the dealership is terrible ... they'll charge you all sorts of cancellation fees and penalties (depends on the terms of your contract)

Crymson
04-17-2007, 06:30 PM
depending on how badly they want to sell you a tacoma, the toyota guys may be able to help you.