PDA

View Full Version : another storm warning

Kritafo
04-18-2007, 07:12 AM
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/alerts/warnings.htm?region=WWCAAB0006&ref=wxeyealerts

Snowfall warning for:
City of Calgary

HEAVY SNOW EXPECTED TONIGHT.
A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVING THROUGH NORTHERN IDAHO WILL BRING SNOW TO MUCH OF SOUTHWESTERN ALBERTA TONIGHT. THE LOW WILL BRING MOISTURE LADEN AIR TO THE UPPER LEVELS FROM THE SOUTH, WHILE AT THE SURFACE A COLD NORTHERLY FLOW WILL DEVELOP. INITIALLY IN MANY AREAS THE PRECIPITATION WILL START AS RAIN, BUT AS THE TEMPERATURES FALL WE WILL SEE THE RAIN CHANGE TO SNOW. THE SOUTHERNMOST AREAS - THE CROWSNEST PASS, CARDSTON AND LETHBRIDGE REGIONS WILL SEE 10 CM OF SNOW TONIGHT BEFORE THE SNOW CHANGES BACK TO RAIN ON THURSDAY. ELSEWHERE, 15 TO 20 CM OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED WITH THE SNOW CONTINUING INTO THURSDAY. ALSO, THE AIRMASS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM IS QUITE UNSTABLE, SO WE COULD SEE SOME LOCAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS IN EXCESS OF 30 CM.

Ogpogo
04-18-2007, 07:14 AM
I wonder if I can manage to squeeze one good day out of calgary this year with my summers on.:rolleyes: :thumbsdow

boooo

im2fst4u
04-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Let it snow let it snow let it snow.... :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Just hope that the weather is more stable by the May long weekend! We all knew that we would get a good dump in April as we almost always do!

Mother Nature deserves a swift kick in the ass and I want to be the first to do it!........BITCH!

Kona9
04-18-2007, 08:04 AM
I feel it will be just like the last heavy snow fall warning. Flakes that melt on contact with no accumulation. Nothing to worry about.
Hopefully I can maintain these positive thoughts.

im2fst4u
04-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
I feel it will be just like the last heavy snow fall warning. Flakes that melt on contact with no accumulation. Nothing to worry about.
Hopefully I can maintain these positive thoughts.

They are expecting in excess of 30cm for our area! :eek:

I hope your right but with 30 frickin centimeters, it's bound to make a mess although we could use the moisture now that the frost has left the ground! Take the good with the bad I guess.

adam c
04-18-2007, 08:18 AM
ffs! if it snows im calling in sick for work.. im so tired of switching my tires from summer to winter to summer to winter, etc.. i think ive changed them a total of 4 times so far

Kona9
04-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by adam c
ffs! if it snows im calling in sick for work.. im so tired of switching my tires from summer to winter to summer to winter, etc.. i think ive changed them a total of 4 times so far

It's Calgary man!! You should know better than to risk a seasonal tire change before mid may.

It sucks because we get such nice days in between all the junk weather patterns, that you just want to get your car all ready and pretty for the good weather months!

Keep your summers on and take a few days off. Drive to B.C. and come back when the sytem has decided to piss off. I hear it's been fair in the Okanagan.

Kritafo
04-18-2007, 08:51 AM
yeah it's just typical. They just street cleaned our area as well. Guess they will be coming back now!

joyridder
04-18-2007, 09:32 AM
:love: :love: Got to love this City:rolleyes:
gald I am outta here in 2 months whooot!~

sexualbanana
04-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Yup, the traditional gigantic dump of snow just as finals start for university students.

snowboard
04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
it will snow on maylong.
just like every year.

EG_Civic
04-18-2007, 10:18 AM
this is fck'in bs

menace3
04-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by im2fst4u

They are expecting in excess of 30cm for our area!

then the next day expect the high of 27.

JAYMEZ
04-18-2007, 11:10 AM

Leave ur winters on till the street cleaner have cleaned the city. (End of April)

dino_martini
04-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Street cleaners did my area yesterday and now its going to snow again..great :rolleyes:

schocker
04-18-2007, 11:46 AM
and to think i was going to try and go golfing tomorrow and friday:banghead:

01RedDX
04-18-2007, 11:52 AM

heavyD
04-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Leave ur winters on till the street cleaner have cleaned the city. (End of April)

What to you mean? The street cleaners aren't scheduled to do my area until late May. If you look at the schedule some areas don't get done until June which is BS.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-18-2007, 12:52 PM

Me too, I don't even do it to make my car look pretty, I'm doing it because I'm sick of burning winter rubber off my tires for no reason... But I agree with Kona9, since it's going to rain first, I bet that there will be little snow accumulation and it'll be mostly wet... One can always hope :cry:

R-Audi
04-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Well looks like I jumped the gun with Summer tires again.. good thing I gots AWD! guess the 4XXhp somewhat nulifies that though...

codetrap
04-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

What to you mean? The street cleaners aren't scheduled to do my area until late May. If you look at the schedule some areas don't get done until June which is BS.

They're done in Country Hills now. Was out rollerblading yesterday :D

Dren
04-18-2007, 01:42 PM
ya...looks like it will snow this time..last time..the big storm was mostly rain

asp integra
04-18-2007, 04:06 PM
30 cm doesnt mean its gonna accumulate 30 cms, the majority of the stuff that hits the ground is gonna melt anyways, i dont think its gonna be too big a deal

Ekliptix
04-18-2007, 08:47 PM
jeep

Tik-Tok
04-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Mwahahaah, and here I thought I'd have to wait 8 months to FULLY test my new Allroad! :poosie:

R!zz0
04-18-2007, 10:24 PM
oh well, i guess i will insure my car next week then. But i have been noticing that people are very eager to take their summer rides out really fast this year. :dunno:

schocker
04-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Oh this is my favorite kind of snow. I get out from work, one side of the pilot is fine, other side is just ice. wicked:thumbsdow

Orbie
04-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Don't even bother man, it doesn't matter how many times you warn/remind people of this. There will always be those who completely jump the gun, put on their summers way too early then whine when it snows...:rolleyes:

FiveFreshFish
04-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Orbie

Don't even bother man, it doesn't matter how many times you warn/remind people of this. There will always be those who completely jump the gun, put on their summers way too early then whine when it snows...:rolleyes:

Yep, I'm one of those fools who did it early; not sure why because I usually wait until May. Anyway, it only took me a few minutes to put the winters back on.

jdmXSI
04-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Anyone wanna book a group flight to Vancouver or California until May or June? lol

I'm personally getting quite sick of this:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
04-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Anyone wanna book a group flight to Vancouver or California until May or June? lol

I'm personally getting quite sick of this:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Vancouver has been savage for rain.. not really much of an improvement heading west. Im in Winnipeg right now for the weel. 20 and sunny today :clap:

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Rain > Snow

sputnik
04-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Vancouver has been savage for rain.. not really much of an improvement heading west. Im in Winnipeg right now for the weel. 20 and sunny today :clap:

Don't forget to get a King Burger at Mrs. Mikes on Tache.

Tell them Jason from Calgary sent you. Heh.

:bigpimp:

SPEEDY Zoom
04-19-2007, 08:37 AM
I hate this city:english:

Mangina
04-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Where's the big storm?

bonjoey
04-20-2007, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

same here :clap:
enjoying 20C yesterday and it will be 22C sunny today!
but man, i hate winnipeg pot holes! :thumbsdow