PDA

View Full Version : Talon Clutch problems

Talon23
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
alright so im having some problems with the clutch in my 95 talon esi. everytime i go to put the car into first with the clutch fully engaged, its super hard to get into and it grinds and wont go in most of the time, and its like that all the way through all the gears. i was wondering if its that i need a new clutch, or maybe my fluids are running low or something. any advice??

whiskas
04-18-2007, 04:20 PM
The clutch has nothing to do with the actual engagement of gears, if your tranny has trouble getting into a gear it's an internal problem with the tranny itself.

Talon23
04-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Oh shit!! that sucks.
but the only thing is, is that like 4 days ago it would shift just fine, one morning i woke up and it just wouldnt work well. and the clutch feels a little old anyways.

carter_prelude
04-18-2007, 04:26 PM
most likely your slave (or master) cyl. mine wnet on my 240sx JUST like that...check your fluid, mine leaked out

Talon23
04-18-2007, 04:27 PM
yeah thats what lots of people have told me.
so im kinda leaning towards that.

mo_money2supe
04-18-2007, 04:28 PM
When was the last time you had your transmission fluid replaced? If it's been significantly long, try replacing that first and see if the problem reoccurs.

TacoMexicano
04-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Well, it sounds similar to a problem i had in my Civic Si

I had a leak in my clutch system, was leaking from under my foot. So when i went to leave home one morning, i found that whenever i pushed the clutch in, it didn't push back like it used too, kind of stuck a little bit.

And when it came time to start the car, and put it in first, well, pushing the gear lever into first just didnt happen. It felt like the clutch simply wasn't disengaging. I had to put the car into first gear before starting the engine. I then started the engine, and since the car was in gear, the starter motor itself got the car rolling. once i was rolling, I did some clutchless shifting untill i got to the nearest gas station, bought some brake fluid, and topped up my clutch resevoir, which was empty from the leak.

Point being that i didnt have to replace my clutch, it worked fine. The problem was that the resevoir was empty, so when I pushed the pedal, the clutch wouldn't disengage. Check on that first, and if its empty, top it up, and get someone to find out where the leak is if you cant find it yourself

Hoey
04-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Go into first gear with the car off, and clutch fully down.
dont pump the pedal at all just put it down, now start the car...
Did it jump forward or no? If it did, its your clutch fluid, or master, or slave. If it didnt the tranny's most likely your issue.

Talon23
04-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah, i started it in first gear, and it jumped forward!
Alright thanks guys. ill top up my fluid and try to find a leak.:thumbsup:

Hoey
04-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Yeah your fluid is low. leaky slave or master or lines.