PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Car Purchasing

brownchild
04-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Has anyone on this forum made a vehicle purchase from Ebay, particularly from the States, if so how did it go, was it safe?

adam c
04-18-2007, 08:22 PM
i havent.. one of my coworkers did and got a 2001 accord for 4000 or something.. body kit and everything and the car drove fine, no problems or anything. but i would still be cautious about it

Kobe
04-18-2007, 08:45 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/107279/jaymez-importing-from-the-states-thread-/

ebay/ autotrader.. same thing

Graham_A_M
04-18-2007, 09:10 PM
I did, its really risky, particulairly with an older car, with higher kilometers (in the US case miles obviously)

Its best to email the seller, and ask if he'd be able to have the car/truck mechanically inspected by a dealership (of the maker of the car). If not? forget about it, if he does, then re-imburse him VIA paypal, and go from there. Thats what I did, however take the flaws with the car, and the "failed" things of the inspection very seriously. I didn't, I basically made the decision to by the car regardless, so the red flags that the mechanic noticed: I was stupid enough to (basically) ignore.
For instance the "radiator cooling fan" not turning on when it should: could mean there are some serious electrical problems: I know from experience.
:thumbsdow

funkedelic
04-19-2007, 07:57 AM
bought mine from ebay (New York), its safe if you are careful and take precautions with every transaction that you do.

i recommend you do a carfax and either see the car yourself or get somebody to do an inspection before you commit to buy.

If the car seems way too cheap and the asking price seems too good to be true, then it problaby is.

good luck.