PDA

View Full Version : Help sending Large Email ASAP

Mixalot27
04-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me with sending an email. I'm in desperate need to send my take home final exam to my teacher. What I'm trying to send is a 8 mb pdf document. It is 15 text pages which I scanned into my computer. Problem is that the Shaw mail server keeps rejecting it cause its too large, exceeds their limit. I called tech support but all they could suggest was I break it up into several parts. I don't want to do this cause I'm afraid some parts may get mixed up, lost, etc. Plus making the prof piece together my exam looks pretty stupid.

Any suggestions would be great? This is due by mid night, I don't have fax. I really don't want to end up having to go to Kinko to send this shit. Fucking shaw and their bs limits.

topmade
04-18-2007, 09:48 PM
sign up for a free hotmail or gmail account. Hotmail is 10mb max I think and gmail is larger.

GoChris
04-18-2007, 09:48 PM
use another email provider? gmail lets you send 10Mb attachments.

not sure the limits of yahoo, hotmail etc but I'm sure most anything is better than shaw.

Mixalot27
04-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I will give them a try. I thought shaw would at least have as big of limits as free email accounts, after all I do pay for my shaw. I wish I could cancel my shaw and switch cause of bs like this. But what other provider would I go through. :banghead:

adam c
04-18-2007, 09:58 PM
gmail..

pm me ur email if u want an invite for an account

Mixalot27
04-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Problem Solved.....email successfully sent through my yahoo account. Thanks everyone. I sent a feedback email to shaw telling them they should up their limits at least to as high as the free providers. We will see if I get a response. The lady I talked to on the phone said all the free ones have same limits as shaw, guess that shows what she knows.

Thanks for the gmail invite adam. I didn't end up needing it this time but I've heard lots good things so I signed up anyway.

hedge
04-19-2007, 11:27 AM
You don't need invites to gmail anymore it's been open to anyone for a couple months.

Another option you could have used is one of those temporary file hosting companies such as putfile.

soupey
04-19-2007, 11:46 AM
you can also use yousendit.com to send larger things through email.

hussein
04-19-2007, 11:59 AM
shaws email ftl. What a joke. You are right, you pay for it, and their limits aren't even as good as free providers. :guns: