PDA

View Full Version : Multiple numbers on one cell phone?

VexxMedia
04-19-2007, 10:35 AM
I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to attach 2 numbers to one cellphone. Ideally I would like to attach both my business number and mypersonal number.

I wonder if I could get them to have distinctive rings too so that I know when one call is personal and when another is business. Does any provider offer this service???

:thumbsup:

im2fst4u
04-19-2007, 10:38 AM
I am pretty sure that any provider can do this, It's a matter of if your handset has the capability for the multiple lines. I know my old Sony P900 had this in the menu. Check your phone for the option then contact your provider.

:thumbsup:

:goflames: :goflames: :goflames:

lamp_shade_2000
04-19-2007, 11:03 AM
you could also use call forwading

AllGoNoShow
04-19-2007, 11:15 AM
I've been wondering about this too.

ApexDrift
04-19-2007, 11:15 AM
it is possible to have 2 numbers on a single phone but only one number active at one time.

for example telus allows this option but everytime you wanna switch you would have to do it on your hand set and call in to telus letting them know bout the switch...

rogers or fido.. its just a matter of switching the sim card if theres another way then im not aware bout this

easiest way is just to call forward... but you cant call forward any text msgs or voice mails...

98type_r
04-19-2007, 01:34 PM
i think rogers has a service like that coming out, hasn't officially launched yet.

hussein
04-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Dual sim card holder!! :bigpimp:

I actually was thinking about this lately as I am moving for work for about 4 months. In the end I decided to just get the email2go pager with a local number. Should be here tomorrow.

VexxMedia
04-19-2007, 04:47 PM
How does call forwarding work? Apex mentioned you cannot forward your voicemails, how would you go about retrieving those messages? If it is a matter of phoning a different number to check for voicemails that is a good option.

Khyron
04-20-2007, 12:05 AM
One of our company phones had 2 lines attached to it - both made it ring. But when you call out, it only can use one of those 2 numbers. Also don't know about the different rings, check with a good Telus dealer.

If you forward 1 number to the other, you won't have any voicemails left on that first number (because it forwards to your second line, not the voicemail box). If your second doesn't answer, your seconds voicemail picks it up.

Dunno about the texts though.

dragonone
04-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by hussein
Dual sim card holder!! :bigpimp:

I actually was thinking about this lately as I am moving for work for about 4 months. In the end I decided to just get the email2go pager with a local number. Should be here tomorrow.
exactly, but don't know how well it works though, especially with newer phones
http://mobile.brando.com.hk/PowerfulDualCard10.php