PDA

View Full Version : Laurence Fishburne is the voice of the Silver Surfer

89coupe
04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2007/04/19/4068841-zap.html

The new title character in the summer sequel "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" may look like a CGI blur, but he'll sound like Laurence Fishburne.

According to the industry trade papers, Fishburne has signed on to voice the Silver Surfer in the 20th Century Fox comic adaptation. And it's a good thing that he's signed on now, because the new "Fantastic Four" film is set to hit theaters on June 15, not that the ADRed role will take that much of Fishburne's time.

Silver Surfer is the tortured herald of Galactus, a cosmic being that travels the universe devouring worlds. He looks like a nude, silver-skinned man, and he flies around the universe on a silver surfboard. He was first introduced in the comic "Fantastic Four, Vol. 1 No. 48," and his intro in the "Fantastic Four" film sequel is expected to set up a stand-alone feature.

Doug Jones ("Hellboy," "Pan's Labyrinth") will provide the Silver Surfer's movements, with an assist from Weta Digital.

Fishburne, who had recently been rumored to be voicing Galactus rather than the Surfer, was heard as the narrator in the recent "TMNT" reboot. The Oscar nominated actor was last seen on the big screen in "Bobby," "Mission: Impossible III" and "Akeelah and the Bee."

beecue
04-19-2007, 03:37 PM
wtf .. they not finished the movie yet :nut:

403Gemini
04-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
[url] He looks like a nude, silver-skinned man, and he flies around the universe on a silver surfboard.

I guess thats one way to describe the silver surfer lol

treg50
04-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Laurence Fishbourne eh? That's pretty cool.

He kicked ass as Morpheus that's for sure.

eb0i
04-19-2007, 11:21 PM
I cannot believe they are doing a sequel to the first craptacular movie...Sue better show us some titties this time.