PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch 2007

RXsevenmonk
04-20-2007, 12:02 AM
I know there was a thread on it last year... not as good of a lineup, but still worth checking out.

I have been trying to convince my friends to join me, with no luck. I was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat, or maybe had room for one more on their journey. I have already bought a camping pass and would split gas. Let me know if your interested.

http://www.sasquatchfestival.com/

hjr
04-20-2007, 10:18 AM
i almost went last year, and again am considering it this year. last years line up was stellar! this years is quite different and probably 90% as good, so its definitely worth it.

- about costs though, anyone know a real budget per day for the place. i have heard you cannot bring in outside food, but the food in there is madddd pricy?

Super_Geo
04-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Fuck yeah! I went to Sasquatch two years ago and it had a killer line-up... Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Kanye West, Wilco, The Pixies... sadly this year's line-up isn't as good but at least Arcade Fire is back. They are fucking killer live.

My plan is: Leave Thursday after work (take Friday off) and drive to Kelowna, party in Kelowna for Thursday night, drive to the Gorge on Friday (5hr drive) to make it for the Fri night party, the best night to party there... see the shows Saturday, camp out for another night and make that brutal 11hr drive back Sunday.

Too bad it's a month and a bit away..

Super_Geo
04-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by hjr
about costs though, anyone know a real budget per day for the place. i have heard you cannot bring in outside food, but the food in there is madddd pricy?

There's a convience store about 8kms away from the camp ground where you can pick up cases of shitty watered down American beer... there's a Subway and a nondescript small diner in the area as well.

Just stock up there and store your food at the camp. No point paying for it on the grounds...

hjr
04-20-2007, 10:48 AM
ahhh, sweet. thanks for daaa info homie

Crymson
04-20-2007, 03:33 PM
I want to go, lineup looks good.

no_joke
04-20-2007, 11:06 PM
So is this held out in the middle of nowhere, WA? The Myspace page says George, Washington?

Anyways, I bet seeing the Beasties would be worth the trip alone.

death_rabbits
04-20-2007, 11:57 PM
What do you mean the lineup's not good?? Beastie boys man! Beastie boys!!!! Also Manu Chau would be awesome live. Most of the bands are lesser known, but they're all really good. One of my other favorites playing is Tokyo Police Club, saw them in Edmonton, and despite the small venue it was the best concert I've seen in quite a while, they're pretty amazing live. I'd kill to go to this concert.

RXsevenmonk
04-26-2007, 04:48 PM
NOT AS GOOD OF A LINEUP.... if you are going to call someone out read what they wrote!!! I know that most of the bands are not as well known, but thanks for pointed that out; I am not retarded though. There is actually a place called, George WA. If you have never been to the gorge the venue alone is worth the trip!

I actually started this thread to see if anyone wanted to carpool, so if you're interested in checking out the festival let me know... We can drive down together, split gas, and we can or cannot camp and hang out at the festival. I have already bought the weekend camping pass, so all you would need is tickets to the show and gas/food money.

Dan

death_rabbits
04-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Ya, i wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, I was just trying to talk up the lineup because everyone seemed to be downplaying it a bit. The problem with forums is when you can't use inflection in what you're saying it can be taken in a few different ways. I also know all about the Gorge, it's the ultimate concert venue. I would totally be down for the trip, but I'm starting my CA designation May 1, so I'm not going to have time. Thanks for the offer though, I'm pretty jealous of anyone who gets to go to this concert.