PDA

View Full Version : What's the local muscle car forum site?

tc3
04-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks, i need to post something, I just can't remember the site, it's been a while!

Isaiah
04-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I have no problem with hondas at all but I'm tired of the "what should I buy, an exhaust or CAI?" (Or similar type) threads that in reality bring the HP from 127 all the way to 128.

Ask the Honda fanboys.

whiskas
04-20-2007, 01:09 AM
http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php

ercchry
04-20-2007, 01:20 AM
my logic

muscle car= old people

old people= dont use the internet past emailing

dont use internet= no muscle car site

j/k :D

Deibs
04-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Heh, it's funny cause the Viper Truck site is mostly 40ish for age and that site is about the same as this one minus the Marketplace activity.

Maddog55
04-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
my logic

muscle car= old people

old people= dont use the internet past emailing

dont use internet= no muscle car site

j/k :D

OUCH...you really know how to "twist the knife" dontcha? Man..make me feel even "more old". :cry:

This "old guy" had a 1970 Challenger black on black leather interior. 383 magnum with the 727 torqueflight "slapstick" tranny.
650 "double holly" with a highriser man. and hooker headers, capable of pulling a 1/4 in the low 12's. AND I might add...we used to build up these cars ourselves..everything! right down to the balance and blueprinting. Not like nowadays where you take out a loan and send your rice burners into the local shop where you probably havent even gotten grease under your nails, and then say "look what I'VE done". YOU just paid for it to GET done.

As far as "not using the internet past emailing": I've designed websites, use ecommerce for my business. Do ALL my banking online including payroll liabilities/gst/tax returns and pretty much all major purchases. Never step foot into a B&M bank (thats "brick & mortar for you internet Noobs...an actual building) I've been a "mod" and "Op" on different forums/irc for the past 10 yrs.

Most "muscle car" afficianados use nothing BUT the internet to look for rare parts and cars and restorations. The only difference is we dont waste our time on "forums" which is not much more than a newer version of IRC chat rooms filled with immature, bubble-gum snapping arrogant teenagers bragging how much they know about the internet.

It'll be nice when the next generation is laughing at YOUR saggy "old" body..where this post of yours will probably still be archived to come back and remind you of your youth.

Now.... where is my cane...ya whipersnapper.... why I oughtta...:zzz:

j/k :thumbsup:

403Gemini
04-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Maddog55

OUCH...you really know how to "twist the knife" dontcha? Man..make me feel even "more old". :cry:

This "old guy" had a 1970 Challenger black on black leather interior. 383 magnum with the 727 torqueflight "slapstick" tranny.
650 "double holly" with a highriser man. and hooker headers, capable of pulling a 1/4 in the low 12's. AND I might add...we used to build up these cars ourselves..everything! right down to the balance and blueprinting. Not like nowadays where you take out a loan and send your rice burners into the local shop where you probably havent even gotten grease under your nails, and then say "look what I'VE done". YOU just paid for it to GET done.

As far as "not using the internet past emailing": I've designed websites, use ecommerce for my business. Do ALL my banking online including payroll liabilities/gst/tax returns and pretty much all major purchases. Never step foot into a B&M bank (thats "brick & mortar for you internet Noobs...an actual building) I've been a "mod" and "Op" on different forums/irc for the past 10 yrs.

Most "muscle car" afficianados use nothing BUT the internet to look for rare parts and cars and restorations. The only difference is we dont waste our time on "forums" which is not much more than a newer version of IRC chat rooms filled with immature, bubble-gum snapping arrogant teenagers bragging how much they know about the internet.

It'll be nice when the next generation is laughing at YOUR saggy "old" body..where this post of yours will probably still be archived to come back and remind you of your youth.

lol awesome.

what car you have now? I was always thinking of buying a muscle car as a project and learning on that. Im sorta particular of who i get to install shit on my cobalt cause if i fuck it up, i dont have a car, but if i had a project, it'd be nice to learn on, and if i fuck it up, i still have my cobalt :thumbsup:

ercchry
04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
haha i dont have the cash for a shop to do my work, everything i do is on my own, and ya ya old people can use the internet too i guess....

my dad is the same way does all his banking and everything, but then again he use to program way back in the day

MrSector9
04-20-2007, 07:05 PM
yeah i do everything myself sinmce i am cheap.. i hate doing it sicne i do mechanic work all day and then come home to either my car or a garage full of bikes/quads/jetskis now.

Maddog55
04-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

lol awesome.

what car you have now? I was always thinking of buying a muscle car as a project and learning on that. Im sorta particular of who i get to install shit on my cobalt cause if i fuck it up, i dont have a car, but if i had a project, it'd be nice to learn on, and if i fuck it up, i still have my cobalt :thumbsup:

*sigh* A 2004 Pontiac Montana Van ..."when we were kings.." :cry:

lol. I just dont have time for that now. Too busy with Work, buying/selling houses, building poker tables and catching 'hit'n'run' drivers ;)

My old ride: (dont look at the 'fro)

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2812/challenger1uu.th.jpg (http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=challenger1uu.jpg)

dieselpower91
04-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Nice Challenger. Not ALL muscle car gusy are old either. I am only 23 and I have had my Nova since I was 14. It has had a 406ci in it since I was 18 and the plnas are for a Pro-Charger 377ci before I am 25. I love Muscle Cars.. I would choose a muscle car anyday over something in the supercar category.

Anyways,, back on topic.. yes Performance-shop is the only muscle car forum I know of in Alberta. Too many mustangs on there IMO.

If anyone knows of any other forums not for specific muscle cars, just generic muscle car forum I would love to know.

tc3
04-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Thx guys, that's the one.
I need to sell my Mustang covertible.

gofastmerc
04-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Maddog55

You forgot to stick in a "sonny" or maybe even a "sonny boy"

:bigpimp:

403Gemini
04-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by dieselpower91
Nice Challenger. Not ALL muscle car gusy are old either. I am only 23 and I have had my Nova since I was 14. It has had a 406ci in it since I was 18 and the plnas are for a Pro-Charger 377ci before I am 25. I love Muscle Cars.. I would choose a muscle car anyday over something in the supercar category.

Anyways,, back on topic.. yes Performance-shop is the only muscle car forum I know of in Alberta. Too many mustangs on there IMO.

If anyone knows of any other forums not for specific muscle cars, just generic muscle car forum I would love to know.

:drool:

Yeah if i was to get a car to rebuild it would be a nova :thumbsup:

Maddog55
04-21-2007, 11:14 AM
On a serious note. This reminds me of a popular song from 1999 that was played at grad classes all over north america. For those of you in your mid to late 20's you'll probably remember it. For you younger ones, recently graduated, you might not have. either way; I listened to it again and the advice in it is good for all of us at any age. And if your a guy in his 40's struggling to balance life and carreer and family happiness, I dare you to listen to it closely without a lump in your throat.
Take 5 minutes out of your life...grab a coffee and put the headphones on.
Read the lyrics as you listen to it: Lyrics (http://www.generationterrorists.com/quotes/sunscreen.html)

and here's the song with video (but its better just listening and reading)Everyones free to wear sunscreen (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/277085/everyone_must_see_this/)

Cody D
04-21-2007, 11:18 AM
If you want an entertaining Domestic Forum, Viper Alley is a good read, Just look for posts by John Hennessey the guy's such a crook.