PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Americanism in Venezuela.

ICEBERG
04-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Here is a good read.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6572615.stm

"There is a culture in the United States about being the world's watchdog," says Congress member Augusto Montiel. "They call it free trade when you shut up and against your dignity, your sovereignty, you lower your head and say 'yes' we will give you everything. That is not democracy, my friend, that is dictatorship."

codetrap
04-20-2007, 09:06 AM
There's a lot of really interesting articles linked off that page. It really does make you wonder eh?

Toms-SC
04-20-2007, 09:07 AM
"The imperialist, mass murdering, fascist attitude of the president of the United States doesn't have limits. I think Hitler could be a nursery baby next to George W Bush."

Thats where I stopped reading.

Deibs
04-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Thats where I stopped reading.

Why? Your basically judging the story by it's cover... it's a very good story, painting both Chavez and Bush (America) negatively.

Try this one then. :D

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/march2007/290307odonnellrant.htm

Xtrema
04-20-2007, 11:09 AM
:poosie: Eva

ninjak84
04-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Fairly straight forward.... The Venezuelan people have good reasons to be anti-American.

You've got to wonder if there is any end to the capacity of the rest of the world to blame the United States for its problems.

Not at all. Nobody in today's world is capable of accepting responsibility for themselves. What kind of idiot expects it on an international level? Wearing a loincloth and starving to death with 8 kids? Blame America! :rofl:

redline
04-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Fairly straight forward.... The Venezuelan people have good reasons to be anti-American.

Really? What are they?

Not at all. Nobody in today's world is capable of accepting responsibility for themselves. What kind of idiot expects it on an international level?

Toma...

Primer_Drift
04-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by redline

Really? What are they?

Toma is on their side.. they must be right.*stirs in more sarcasm*

JRSC00LUDE
04-20-2007, 01:19 PM
You could really just change the title to "Anti-Americanism in ______ (fill in the blank here)." It's not like it's a localized thing. Throughout history the majority of the rest of the world has been anti whatever the current world power is. Like it or not, at this point in time it's America and like it or not, every world power has fallen. It's just a matter of time when this one will and then another will rise in it's place and be absolutely no better.

3g4me
04-20-2007, 01:29 PM
^Hopefully its sooner then later.

JRSC00LUDE
04-20-2007, 01:41 PM
^

Regardless of which side of that debate you are on, I don't think it'll be pretty when it happens nor do I want to be around to see it. With the state of the world today and the technololgy/weaponry we have I think when this empire falls it's going to throw the world into a condition of chaos/turmoil not yet experienced in history. Just my opinion though, no fancy research to back it up.

ninjak84
04-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by redline
Really? What are they?

They are yours to learn for yourself. Unless you were never really interested, and only want me to spew out a page-long lecture for you to quote and pick apart.

redline
04-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

They are yours to learn for yourself. Unless you were never really interested, and only want me to spew out a page-long lecture for you to quote and pick apart.

well just give me one then... no need for a lecture