PDA

View Full Version : Shaving my head for Candian Cancer Society

dmtx
04-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I have a little charity project pursuing this summer. I am shaving my head for "A Head Shave To Benefit The Canadian Cancer Society" and looking for kind sponsors for this journey.

I have lost my grandmother who had breast cancer and I just thought that this is something I can still do for her after the difficulties she had gone through. I have a daughter, wife, mother, two sisters and friends, and this is the least thing I can do to help my prayers answered... to protect them from the agonies of breast cancer.

I have a colleague whose wife is currently undergoing breast cancer treatment. I am shaving my head with him. This is also my support to him and his family while going through the treatment process.

I don't care if I get my head shaved. For the cause, this is well worth it. Your kind help will extend to the victims of cancer and their families going through the difficulties. This will also help research and other projects supporting those that are battling this.

If you're interested in sponsoring me for this charity project, please email me at [email protected]. I will personally come to your house (if you're in Calgary) and present my pledge form. I will have my head shaved on June 20th. I will send you pictures during the head shaving ceremony.

I am also posting here at beyond.ca to raise the awareness on how we can help people battling breast cancer and the agencies that are researching to help avoid and contain this.

Thanks to all.