PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 EL What you think?

Doodle
06-07-2003, 05:52 PM
Does anyone have or know about 97-99 1.6 el's. I want one if someone ever buys my impreza, I'm just curious if the cars solid or notorious for prob's? From what I can see they're pretty decent, what ya think :dunno:

Expiredsoda
06-07-2003, 06:00 PM
An EL is pretty much a civic with a nicer interior. They use the same engine platform as the 96-00 civic SI's. I belive without checking its a D16Y8. With that said, if you buy an EL just swap out the motor with a B18C1, youll be glad you did. :)

Ekliptix
06-07-2003, 06:03 PM
They have potential to be a better sleeper then a civic.

If the original engine remains, it a civic with more options to me.

redevil
06-07-2003, 06:11 PM
EL's are a civic Si but are heavier because of the additional acessories. Besides that they are great cars and are just as dependable as any other honda. Better resale than a civic though....I use to sell them!:devil:

Doodle
06-08-2003, 06:18 PM
You don't know a price range I'd be looking at for a good shape 97-99?

szw
06-08-2003, 06:20 PM
I couldn't see giving up an impreza for a EL...

My friend had an EL and I thought it was such a boring car.

Doodle
06-09-2003, 06:54 PM
House and El.
Apartment and Impreza.

Sucks but what ya do.

NickGT
06-09-2003, 07:04 PM
House all the way. Sacrafice now, instead of paying Louigi the Landlord and ending up with nothing in the end..

GTS Jeff
06-09-2003, 08:23 PM
well as everyone has said, the el is only a civic with a nicer interior and is a :zzz: car. since my parents own one, i can tell u that all this is true. i personally think that its a waste of money, because u could pay wayyyyy less for a civic and have the same car.

Originally posted by Expiredsoda
engine platform whats that?

Expiredsoda
06-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

whats that?

Wow you guys just love digging your claws into everything don't you?

What I ment to mean was the engine type applied to the specific model of car..... D16Y8......

teg_star
06-09-2003, 08:59 PM
does anyone know if u can fit a type r engine into a 1.6el??

ramminghard
06-09-2003, 09:06 PM
if the funds were there you could put any engine under the hood. yes it could be done.

treg50
06-09-2003, 09:51 PM
From what I know of the 1.7 ELs, they have:

VTEC engine (same as the Si Coupe)
4-wheel disc brakes
Driver and passenger side-impact air bags
15" alloys standard (avail. option on Civic sport)
Interior wood trim
Chrome trim around windows
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
etc.

New model Civics don't have any of this with the exceptions I mentioned.

Bottom line the EL has always been and will always be better than the Civic, especially with the newer model EL's. While they share the same platform, the EL is definitely and step up from the Civic. Better style, interior, engine and build quality. That is how Honda delivers Acura, like Toyota for Lexus, and Nissan for Infiniti – it's a higher quality line.

Get the EL. Assuming it's in good health you won't be disappointed.

GTS Jeff
06-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Expiredsoda

Wow you guys just love digging your claws into everything don't you?

What I ment to mean was the engine type applied to the specific model of car..... D16Y8......

dude i was just asking..dont flip

Originally posted by teg_star
does anyone know if u can fit a type r engine into a 1.6el??

yes.

Expiredsoda
06-09-2003, 10:23 PM

dude i was just asking..dont flip

Sorry man, im kinda defensive since in the last couple of my posts people have constantly bitched and tried to act like they know better and are some kind of know it all car god . :dunno:

My bad

FiveFreshFish
06-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Doodle
House and El.
Apartment and Impreza.

Sucks but what ya do.

Get the EL.

Real estate is an investment that appreciates.

A car is an expense that depreciates.

Seanith
06-09-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by treg50
From what I know of the 1.7 ELs, they have:

VTEC engine (same as the Si Coupe)
4-wheel disc brakes
Driver and passenger side-impact air bags
15" alloys standard (avail. option on Civic sport)
Interior wood trim
Chrome trim around windows
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
etc.

New model Civics don't have any of this with the exceptions I mentioned.

Bottom line the EL has always been and will always be better than the Civic, especially with the newer model EL's. While they share the same platform, the EL is definitely and step up from the Civic. Better style, interior, engine and build quality. That is how Honda delivers Acura, like Toyota for Lexus, and Nissan for Infiniti – it's a higher quality line.

Get the EL. Assuming it's in good health you won't be disappointed.

he was asking about a 1.6 EL
but i would say go for one as long as your going to swap. any engine that fits in a civic will fit in the 1.6 as well with the same level of difficulty

5.9 R/T
06-09-2003, 11:22 PM

Please don't compare lexus or infinity with acura. They arn't even in the same league.

Doodle
06-10-2003, 05:59 PM
I thought of a 96 Civic hatch, but I think less people would notice the EL or pick on it. I'll drop it, nice rims, swap the engine and sock it to the engine bay, that is all, no flashy color or kit for this cat.

GTS Jeff
06-10-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Please don't compare lexus or infinity with acura. They arn't even in the same league. because acura is "only a honda"?

stryker
06-11-2003, 12:27 AM
I have an 02 EL. As everyone said, it's pretty much a honda civic LX. the two cars (of same generation) look almost exactly the same from the rear. the EL has a sportier body, and a particularly nice interior. That's just about it, same engine platform and all. IT's basically just a comfortable ride with some luxury added to it. Appeals mostly to young families who want an affordable, yet classy sedan to ride around in. don't count on this car for performance though, your impreza owns that over this car. but if performance isn't an issue for you, the EL is a great choice for a car, especially if a house comes with it :)

5.9 R/T
06-11-2003, 12:52 AM
because acura is "only a honda"?

It has nothing to do with the fact that Acura is Honda, but that Acura is too much like Honda. Sit in and drive a few from each make. You'll understand then.

GTS Jeff
06-11-2003, 02:53 AM

It has nothing to do with the fact that Acura is Honda, but that Acura is too much like Honda. Sit in and drive a few from each make. You'll understand then. dude dont patronize me like that. i have driven enough of both to know the similarities and the differences. by all accounts, the similarities and differences between honda and acura are perfect and serve to sell each brand well.

similarities: a predictable and easy to handle driving feel, excellent build quality, reliability, slow (haha)

differences: interior materials, nvh insulation, standard features.

the way i see it, acura has all the qualities of a honda, minus the cheapness. it gets everything. the only thing i see holding acura back right now is hondas conservatism, which shows in everything from the design of their cars to the their unwillingness to use rwd in their sedans to the time theyre taking to put out a new nsx.

5.9 R/T
06-11-2003, 02:59 AM
I meant Acura vs. Lexus and to a slightly lesser extent Infinity. Not Honda vs. Acura.

GTS Jeff
06-11-2003, 03:04 AM
I meant Acura vs. Lexus and to a slightly lesser extent Infinity. Not Honda vs. Acura. well u were talking about honda compared to acura earlier so i continued on that train of thought.

but i do get your point that acura as a general brand doesnt stand up to lexus or infiniti. its just not as high-end. i think honda is trying to change that with its new models. like how the rsx is a lot more refined than the old tegs. either way, stop spelling infiniti wrong. :D

treg50
06-11-2003, 01:51 PM

Please don't compare lexus or infinity with acura. They arn't even in the same league.

Please read properly and don't take my words out of context.

I compared Acura & Honda to Infiniti & Nissan and to Lexus & Toyota. I compared the luxury-line & regular-line. In everyone of the pairings, the 'higher-end luxury' line is worth the price --- they're just better than the 'regular' line. The EL is better than the Civic, like how the G35 is better than the Maxima, etc. Let me guess, now you think I'm comparing the Civic to the Maxima or EL to the G35. :rolleyes:

Like many auto journalists (I'm NO auto journalist, btw) I'll compare the TSX to the Audi A4 and BMW 3-series, in which case ACURA can surely be compared to Infiniti of all brands (the TSX being the specific case here, okay?).

Hey, I like Infiniti's this year too, who the hell doesn't? Everyone's on the bandwagon with good reason. FINALLY Infiniti is REALLY worth noticing and worth the price. 350Z, G35, G35c, Maxima, Murano, FX45 (drool) !!!! I would love anyone of these compared to any new Acura (ahem I'll take a Murano, FX45, or 350z prettyplease). These are all big time machines, no doubt --- released, however, in the past several months.

I just haven't forgotten that ACURA has been hardcore for many years until the past couple. They were and still are good, they just didn't make leaps and bounds when improving their line-up. NOW, they'll wake up and knock us on our asses (hey, its good for us the customer). Just wait! :drool: :)

5.9 R/T
06-11-2003, 03:46 PM
well u were talking about honda compared to acura earlier so i continued on that train of thought.

but i do get your point that acura as a general brand doesnt stand up to lexus or infiniti. its just not as high-end. i think honda is trying to change that with its new models. like how the rsx is a lot more refined than the old tegs. either way, stop spelling infiniti wrong. :D

It was late, gimme a break ok? haha.

Please read properly and don't take my words out of context.

I compared Acura & Honda to Infiniti & Nissan and to Lexus & Toyota. I compared the luxury-line & regular-line. In everyone of the pairings, the 'higher-end luxury' line is worth the price --- they're just better than the 'regular' line. The EL is better than the Civic, like how the G35 is better than the Maxima, etc. Let me guess, now you think I'm comparing the Civic to the Maxima or EL to the G35. :rolleyes:

Like many auto journalists (I'm NO auto journalist, btw) I'll compare the TSX to the Audi A4 and BMW 3-series, in which case ACURA can surely be compared to Infiniti of all brands (the TSX being the specific case here, okay?).

Hey, I like Infiniti's this year too, who the hell doesn't? Everyone's on the bandwagon with good reason. FINALLY Infiniti is REALLY worth noticing and worth the price. 350Z, G35, G35c, Maxima, Murano, FX45 (drool) !!!! I would love anyone of these compared to any new Acura (ahem I'll take a Murano, FX45, or 350z prettyplease). These are all big time machines, no doubt --- released, however, in the past several months.

I just haven't forgotten that ACURA has been hardcore for many years until the past couple. They were and still are good, they just didn't make leaps and bounds when improving their line-up. NOW, they'll wake up and knock us on our asses (hey, its good for us the customer). Just wait! :drool: :)

Your right, I misunderstood your post.

However; Acura has never been 'hardcore' or whatever you are trying to say. They are an extension of Honda, the makers of excellent bland 'cookie cutter' cars that rarely break and perform OK, and there's the problem, just OK. The most exciting thing to come from Acura was the ITR, and that was a niche market vehicle. Things are not going to change at Acura anytime soon, they are all about sedate entry level luxury, nothing wrong with that if your 50 or 60 I guess. All you need to do is look at the Honda line to realize this. While Infiniti and Lexus are going after the Germans, Acura is content at making average entry lux FWD cars that are in most cases over priced (ie not worth the premium over their equivalent Honda car). Lets look at the past couple Honda models shall we? Civic/1.7 EL: Wow there's excitement. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing great either. But they somehow managed to screw up the SiR with this redesign. Accord: A bigger civic with a Camry for the back end. The V6 is nice, but that just catches Honda up with the rest of the midsize market in terms of power. Again, nothing exciting. RSX: The only one of Acura's cars that can arguably say that it is at the top of it's class. TSX: OK styling, underpowered, overpriced. Is there really a market for this car? Maybe if it had a V6 and was a real sports sedan. Point is, Acura/Honda 99% of the time do not make exciting cars, and the trend is continuing. They make good reliable cars. Nothing wrong with that, but saying that they will knock us on our asses with what is to come is a joke. :zzz:

silverEL
06-11-2003, 05:30 PM
i have a acura 1.6 EL,and i love it. no problems....yet

pm me if u have any questions

Todd

stryker
06-11-2003, 06:43 PM
correct. all of you have pointed out in the bleak conservativity of acura. all of you are right.
acura is content making low-powered, OK sedans. sure, they end up being cheaper than any of your infiniti's or BMWs, which is maybe what Acura thought would get them sales. wrong.
people are willing to pay the extra buck, for the much extra quality. would you pay 1 dollar for 1 chocolate bar? or 1.50 for 2 chocolate bars? option two is 50% more expensive - quite significant. but you get twice the car (in a hypothetical sense). tegs and rsx's appeal to the young adolescent. but when it comes time to move on or require a sedan, those customers go elsewhere.
the only thing that makes acura "cool" are tegs/rsx.
even the nsx doesn't bring as much exotitism to acura as they would've liked. I think that car is wayyyy over priced.

the TSX has come out. we'll see how the market accepts this new sedan concept, which acura is desperate to see suceed.

rhizzle
06-12-2003, 09:58 AM
TSX.... alright i guess. To me it looks like a knock off of the Mazda 6. But the Mazda 6 looks much better and has more balls. My dad was actually looking at a 1.6el a while back, i think it was a 98 or 99 for like 19 000. Good re-sale on those. But he settled with a Protege 5 instead, still fun to drive anyway.

treg50
06-12-2003, 11:40 PM
Regarding the Acura 1.6 EL. It's a great car, get the EL. For the price, it's awesome.

Now for another discussion...

... Acura has never been 'hardcore'... They are an extension of Honda, the makers of excellent bland 'cookie cutter' cars that rarely break and perform OK, and there's the problem, just OK... While Infiniti and Lexus are going after the Germans, Acura is content at making average entry lux FWD cars that are in most cases over priced... Lets look at the past couple Honda models shall we? Civic/1.7 EL: Wow there's excitement... The V6 is nice, but that just catches Honda up with the rest of the midsize market in terms of power. Again, nothing exciting. RSX: The only one of Acura's cars that can arguably say that it is at the top of it's class. TSX: OK styling, underpowered, overpriced. Is there really a market for this car?

Maybe we're talking about something which is fairly subjective and could go back and forth because of it's basis on opinion and preference.

I say Acura is hardcore. Hardcore = Intergra, NSX, TL-S, RSX, and TSX. You say 'bland,' 'cookie cutter,' 'just OK,' 'nothing exciting', sarcastically said 'excitement,' all of which are fine words but that's just an opinion. Just like when I said Acura is 'hardcore,' that's my opinion. Acura's way more hardcore than say Chrysler (I'm not talking about Mercedes-Benz; also, except the Dodge Viper, i loves me the Viper).

I say Acura has been going at the Euro-cars and is continuing to do so, maybe not as much so as Lexus and Infiniti, sure. I think the TSX is their first solid step in that direction however.

TSX: OK styling, underpowered, overpriced. Is there really a market for this car?

If there's a market for the BMW 3-series, Audi A4, there's a market for the Acura TSX.

Here're some facts to why I say the TSX is 'hardcore', not opinion. I'm sure you know these facts too, but maybe you interpret them differently(?).

The TSX will stack up great against German cars in the same class. The TSX is not underpowered by any means. In comparing the TSX to other 4 cylinder competitors, it does very well. For example TSX = 200-hp, Audi A4 1.8T = 170-hp, BMW 325i = 185-hp, Jaguar X-Type V6 = 195-hp, Saab 9-3 = 175-hp, Mazda6 2.3L = 160-hp.

• Acura TSX ($34,800)
* BMW 320i ($34,900)
* Cadillac CTS ($39,900)
* Infiniti G35 ($38,900)
* Lexus IS300 ($37,775)
* Mercedes-Benz C240 ($38,450)
* Saab 9-3 ($34,900)

It's the fastest from 0-100 km/h at 7.3 sec AND it's also got the best fuel-economy in it's class --- hmm, fast, most hp in class, fuel-efficient (I care about my money and the environment), NOT over-priced, sounds good to me.

Every manufacturer has a 'downside' be it price, reliability, build quality, performance, fuel consumption, safety, styling, etc.

I really want to see the long-term report on these pretty-looking new Nissans and Mazdas. Power to these two companies, I hope they've improved their reliability, build quality, and value. I don't think Honda/ Acura wants to die, so I'm sure they'll adapt nicely.

5.9 R/T
06-13-2003, 01:24 AM
Thread Hijack...

Maybe we're talking about something which is fairly subjective and could go back and forth because of it's basis on opinion and preference.

I say Acura is hardcore. Hardcore = Intergra, NSX, TL-S, RSX, and TSX. You say 'bland,' 'cookie cutter,' 'just OK,' 'nothing exciting', sarcastically said 'excitement,' all of which are fine words but that's just an opinion. Just like when I said Acura is 'hardcore,' that's my opinion. Acura's way more hardcore than say Chrysler (I'm not talking about Mercedes-Benz; also, except the Dodge Viper, i loves me the Viper).

I say Acura has been going at the Euro-cars and is continuing to do so, maybe not as much so as Lexus and Infiniti, sure. I think the TSX is their first solid step in that direction however.

I disagree with almost everything you said. But like you said it's subjective, and if you’re going to pull that card I’m not even going to argue with you, except for the fact that if you think the new Civic/EL is an exciting car you need to get out more.

If there's a market for the BMW 3-series, Audi A4, there's a market for the Acura TSX.

Here're some facts to why I say the TSX is 'hardcore', not opinion. I'm sure you know these facts too, but maybe you interpret them differently(?).

The TSX will stack up great against German cars in the same class. The TSX is not underpowered by any means. In comparing the TSX to other 4 cylinder competitors, it does very well. For example TSX = 200-hp, Audi A4 1.8T = 170-hp, BMW 325i = 185-hp, Jaguar X-Type V6 = 195-hp, Saab 9-3 = 175-hp, Mazda6 2.3L = 160-hp.

• Acura TSX ($34,800)
* BMW 320i ($34,900)
* Cadillac CTS ($39,900)
* Infiniti G35 ($38,900)
* Lexus IS300 ($37,775)
* Mercedes-Benz C240 ($38,450)
* Saab 9-3 ($34,900)

It's the fastest from 0-100 km/h at 7.3 sec AND it's also got the best fuel-economy in it's class --- hmm, fast, most hp in class, fuel-efficient (I care about my money and the environment), NOT over-priced, sounds good to me.

Every manufacturer has a 'downside' be it price, reliability, build quality, performance, fuel consumption, safety, styling, etc.

I really want to see the long-term report on these pretty-looking new Nissans and Mazdas. Power to these two companies, I hope they've improved their reliability, build quality, and value. I don't think Honda/ Acura wants to die, so I'm sure they'll adapt nicely.

I see more opinions there. You only showed the numbers that make the TSX look good. Now here are my numbers:

MPG (American testing)
City Highway
TSX: 21 29
Audi: 22 31
BMW: 20 29
Caddy: 19 26
G35: 19 26
Benz: 17 26
IS300: 18 25
Mazda6:25 32

OK so even using the cars that you listed (I don't agree with some of them but hey you picked em) it doesn't get the best MPG, good, but ONCE AGAIN not great. Also of note is that every one of these cars has a better standard warranty then the TSX. Good, BUT not great. Again the TSX isn't the fastest out of the bunch, the G35 is, check those 0-60 and 1/4 mile times again bud. Good, BUT not great. Most hp in it's class? True, but what about tq? It has the LOWEST tq in it's class. If we're going to throw numbers around you can't forget tq. It can only compete against the most stripped down entry lux cars. Move up a trim level, it gets hammered in power. You don't go after the Euros by attacking their bottom cars, hell I could get a Jetta with more power, better gas mileage and with the same options for less money. A JETTA! What about handling? I noticed that the TSX has a huge turning radius compared to those other cars, that can't be good. You search for the #'s though, I'm too lazy. It's also FWD. Most of those cars are RWD as a performance sedan (or anything performance) should be. So is it overpriced? I guess not. Is it a good deal? Not exactly. Good, BUT not great. As far as reliability goes, we'll just have to wait and see, but Acura doesn't even have the best quality out of that bunch, Lexus does. Good, BUT not great. I could go on for hours but this seems like a good place to stop.

So the moral of the story is this: The TSX is not hardcore. It is good, BUT not great.

P.S. If you care about money and the environment go get a Civic Hybrid and stop looking at performance sedans.

benyl
06-13-2003, 07:09 AM
On topic: The EL is just a civic with leather to me.

Off topic:
Honda has always been known for it's mediocraty. It even translates across to their motorcycles. The last magazine I read about the new Honda CBR 600RR says that it isn't the best at one thing, just best overall. Same thing I have read for years and years.

Acura is typically a rebadge honda with a few extra bells and whistles. TL = more refined Accord. EL = more refined Civic. MDX = Pilot. CL = Accord coupe. The integra doesn't have a counter part and neither does the RL.

Infinity used to be that way (think G20 = Sentra with leather, I30 = Maxima for extra $$, QX4 = Pathfinder). The Q45 was their only distinctive car. The last 2 years has seen something quite different. The G35 is not a Maxima. It is RWD. The I35 is still a Max though (they almost look alike).

Lexus on the other hand really only has one car that is the same as a Toyota. ES300 = really nice camry. Most other vehicles in the line are distinguished by RWD or totally different. The RX300 is technically a lifted Camry with AWD. Sharing of platforms and drivetrains can't be avoided, but Lexus is more different than Toyota than Acura is from Honda.

This is all opinion, so don't burn me at the stake!

GTS Jeff
06-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by benyl
On topic: The EL is just a civic with leather to me.

Off topic:
Honda has always been known for it's mediocraty. It even translates across to their motorcycles. The last magazine I read about the new Honda CBR 600RR says that it isn't the best at one thing, just best overall. Same thing I have read for years and years.

Acura is typically a rebadge honda with a few extra bells and whistles. TL = more refined Accord. EL = more refined Civic. MDX = Pilot. CL = Accord coupe. The integra doesn't have a counter part and neither does the RL.

Infinity used to be that way (think G20 = Sentra with leather, I30 = Maxima for extra $$, QX4 = Pathfinder). The Q45 was their only distinctive car. The last 2 years has seen something quite different. The G35 is not a Maxima. It is RWD. The I35 is still a Max though (they almost look alike).

Lexus on the other hand really only has one car that is the same as a Toyota. ES300 = really nice camry. Most other vehicles in the line are distinguished by RWD or totally different. The RX300 is technically a lifted Camry with AWD. Sharing of platforms and drivetrains can't be avoided, but Lexus is more different than Toyota than Acura is from Honda.

This is all opinion, so don't burn me at the stake! well i wont argue with u because as u said, its your opinion (wrong as it may be)

but i will point out a few things to you. the integras counterpart is the civic coupe, the rl is based on the old legend, and most importantly, making sweeping generalizations about brand image doesnt accomplish much :thumbsup:

treg50
06-13-2003, 01:30 PM
I disagree with almost everything you said. But like you said it's subjective, and if you’re going to pull that card I’m not even going to argue with you, except for the fact that if you think the new Civic/EL is an exciting car you need to get out more.

Like you said the Civic and EL are good cars. I never said the Civic or EL are 'exciting', you brought up that word I didn't, I get out enough. The Si Coupe with options and premium EL are good cars.

I see more opinions there. You only showed the numbers that make the TSX look good. ...

The number I chose was the 4-cylinders in each car (I threw in the V6 X-Type for fun, some of the other 4's beat as well). I chose them to show ACURA can compete.

... OK so even using the cars that you listed (I don't agree with some of them but hey you picked em) it doesn't get the best MPG, good, but ONCE AGAIN not great. Also of note is that every one of these cars has a better standard warranty then the TSX. Good, BUT not great. Again the TSX isn't the fastest out of the bunch, the G35 is, check those 0-60 and 1/4 mile times again bud. Good, BUT not great. Most hp in it's class? True, but what about tq? It has the LOWEST tq in it's class. If we're going to throw numbers around you can't forget tq. It can only compete against the most stripped down entry lux cars. Move up a trim level, it gets hammered in power.

I tried to make it clear that I was comparing the TSX ($34 800, btw) to other cars in it's 'class': other 4-cylinder luxury sedans, with similar price. The G35 ($38 900) is a V6 with 260-hp but is over $4000 more expensive, worse on fuel, etc.

You bring up torque which is a short-coming of the TSX but that goes with your opinion. You said ACURA simply doesn't or can't compete with euros. Saying Acura can't compete with euros is not accurate. I never said they're the best in all categories, I said they compete well. You simply wrote off ACURA (TSX). I was telling you that the TSX does compete well against its euro equals, hence the numbers I put up -- I showed that ACURA does compete with euros. You've started to come around a little by saying numerous times that Acura is 'good' not 'great.' All I've been saying from the start: the TSX for example is a great alternative to base euro-cars = Acura proves in can compete. Arguably in a different way than Lexus or Infiniti, but Acura does compete with euros.

You don't go after the Euros by attacking their bottom cars...

It's a great idea. A TSX (fully loaded being the only trim level) for $35 000 or a base model Euro for $35 000.

You search for the #'s though, I'm too lazy. It's also FWD. Most of those cars are RWD as a performance sedan (or anything performance) should be. So is it overpriced? I guess not. Is it a good deal? Not exactly. Good, BUT not great.

Ack no more numbers, unless we go to the same source(s), this'll just keep going. Even then, I'm just saying that Acura does compete with euros and is a good deal/ good consideration.

As far as reliability goes, we'll just have to wait and see, but Acura doesn't even have the best quality out of that bunch, Lexus does. Good, BUT not great. I could go on for hours but this seems like a good place to stop.

Yeah, I love the Lexus IS300/Altezza. There's a euro-killer for sure.

It is good, BUT not great.

Yup. Like I said before no manufacturer or car is perfect.

P.S. If you care about money and the environment go get a Civic Hybrid and stop looking at performance sedans.

I care about getting good value for my money, I didn't say I don't make any. :) The TSX has a surprisingly good engine, considering its a 4-cyl., which gets good mileage AND outputs good power. I like cars that take both performance and the environment into consideration -- has good power and tries to be fuel efficient. Then again I also just like cars, doesn't matter who makes 'em --- sorry, I'm gonna keep on looking at sports and non-sports autos.

Too bad everyone didn't care about the environment, instead of how fast we sprint and 'handle' to get to the next red-light.

Doodle
06-13-2003, 06:48 PM
Doods I'm with you bout the El being nice stock, but that engine is on its way oooout. I'm thinking B16A? I got quoted 1500 for engine,ecu & trany, not installed with 30k on it. Werd.

xkon
07-24-2003, 09:18 AM
House and El.
Apartment and Impreza.

Sucks but what ya do.

LOL im in the same boat... i had a GSR... the insurance on an EL is WAYY less than a civic too... dont know why, but it is!! thats why i have one!

its been a good car, and you can pickup 97-98's for around 12000 or less now i think...

xkon
07-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Doods I'm with you bout the El being nice stock, but that engine is on its way oooout. I'm thinking B16A? I got quoted 1500 for engine,ecu & trany, not installed with 30k on it. Werd.
Where did you get this quote?? i want in!!! im looking for a repalcement d16 for mine, but that would suffice MUCH better!

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
honda sucjs by a 91 geo like mine. or q ford
turbo it and its th fastest car in the world

yet another post from 300rwhp

Seanith
07-24-2003, 10:59 PM
^^
So when did you become a troll? :dunno:

RX-7_TWINTURBO
07-25-2003, 03:13 PM