PDA

View Full Version : Skyline Advice. (Help porfavour)

Prolifique
04-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I recently purchased a skyline now all was well however it's a 1990 gts-t Auto yea ... anyways i wanted it so now I'm not sure i took this ride to a couple of mechanics and they are lost. The car will rev to let's say 80 and if i want to go faster to approx 100 it won't go any further, The car sounds like it revs but it doesn
t go, as well tonight i played with the accel pad and it's like it gets stuck on one gear and if i press the accel pad a little like tap it it then out of nowhere changes gear and makes the the car almost jump a foot.. this can't be to good for the engine either.. so my question is what is causing this.. when does one know in an automatic that the transmission on it is "gulp" going? like the signs of it I mean cause when i drive it let's say slowly press on the acceleration then it will change and go fast but if I press on it it will like go back and forth as it's changing gears like rev's then stalls rev's and so forth... I'm taking it to autodream tomorrow as we speak but they mentioned they have nothing to do with auto so i need your help on this matter and thanks for whoever that replies.

As well where is a good place to do a full thurough engine, oil, coolant,break everything flush...? for a skyline that is.

ZyaL8R
04-21-2007, 02:39 AM
I take it you didn't do a complete flush of everything when you first got it? If not, dump the old transmission fluid and refil.

Also check your throttle position sensor and MAF sensor.

*edit* Actually it could be a lot of other things too, even just a loose wire on the transmission wiring harness or something. Need more detailed info, not just "I pushed the pedal and it sort of went forward." Pull your ECU codes.

Prolifique
04-21-2007, 03:34 PM
I took it to autodream and they looked at it still it is doing it though , I'm getting my spark plugs replaced? maybe i don't know yet what to do.. I'm gonna do a complete fluid flush as well. I will get the ECU code and give it to you, hopefuly you can help me out. The dude in autodream can see the transmission pulling out a code but doesn't know what it says.. so I have to take it to nissan and tell them to check it for me... fuck this is a head ache and a half... Thanks for the reply though.

inline6turbo
04-22-2007, 02:42 AM
ok i'm tying to limit the flaming.

so calmly im saying
a) learn to spell aka explain yourself :english:
b) ask autodream for a recommendation as to where to go, if they won't help you, they know who will

Mike w
04-22-2007, 04:47 PM
hey man i know of a guy in calgary who tunes cars privatly and wont be as big a rip off as autodream. he knows what he is doing for sure and he can get a proper diagnostic done on it for u. nissan wont even look at unless it has a north american ecu in it and then they will fuck u in the ass for price. call this guy and see if he can help u out. (No numbers allowed , you should ask this Ray guy first)

BerserkerCatSplat
04-22-2007, 05:18 PM
This might help you out a lot. Be sure to go over everything on the page.

http://www.autodiagnostics.com/nis/skyline.html (http://www.arts.uottawa.ca/writcent/hypergrammar/rvsntstr.html)

Eleanor
04-22-2007, 05:23 PM
^lol

Teggy
04-22-2007, 05:32 PM
your throttle positioning sensor may be done, check to see if you need a new one

Isaiah
04-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

http://www.autodiagnostics.com/nis/skyline.html (http://www.arts.uottawa.ca/writcent/hypergrammar/rvsntstr.html)

:rofl: OMG Dynamite!!

finboy
04-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

:thumbsup:

crazydude
04-27-2007, 09:21 AM
HAHHAHAHAHA

sorry that was a funny link...

Are you in Edmonton or Calgary? Sumaru in edmonton is a nissan only mechanic who knows his shit quite well. perhaps drag your skyline to him

Prolifique
04-28-2007, 04:08 PM
my english is proper I don't really mind being imperfect on some forum, as long as I state my point. I'm in pre med so you can imagine how the majority of our studies is very well in detail. Thanks though.

And yea i need to get this ride checked.

Mar
04-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Prolifique
my english is proper I don't really mind being imperfect on some forum

I don't mind not helping you.

Prolifique
04-29-2007, 12:15 AM
Thanks I appreciate that, This ride is confusing everyone though in terms of what the minor or major problem is with it, all I know is when I went to replace the spark plugs it was good for 3 days and then once again it acted up.. I'm gonna try and find out the issue asap as I don't need it to be worse than it already is if it is.

Isaiah
04-29-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm in pre med so you can imagine how the majority of our studies is very well in detail.

He's not stupid, he drives a skyline.

natejj
04-29-2007, 05:54 AM
Did you get it inspected before you bought it?

Sorath
04-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Mar

I don't mind not helping you.
fuck give him a break, hes on a forum trying to ask for some help, u come in and u start flaming, go back to newfoundland u stupid newfie

Sorath
04-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks I appreciate that, This ride is confusing everyone though in terms of what the minor or major problem is with it, all I know is when I went to replace the spark plugs it was good for 3 days and then once again it acted up.. I'm gonna try and find out the issue asap as I don't need it to be worse than it already is if it is.

with skylines they always have problems with coilpacks, injectors, sparkplugs and maf, check all those

finboy
04-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

He's not stupid, he drives a skyline.

that ONLY applies to bmw man

Mike w
04-29-2007, 02:46 PM
hey man sorry i thought i put that number up there. Hopefully he can help u out. 689-9274

GTS Jeff
04-29-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm in pre med so you can imagine how the majority of our studies is very well in detail.

:thumbsdow First off, there is no such thing as pre-med, that's just an arrogant term used by poseur twats trying to impress other people. Second, your english is terrible and it shows in your posts. Finally, this is exactly what I'd expect from someone who drives an autotragic, poseur Skyline.

1-Bar
04-29-2007, 03:57 PM
lol....pre-med does exsist. Its called the Faculty of Science :nut:

Kaos
04-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

:thumbsdow First off, there is no such thing as pre-med, that's just an arrogant term used by poseur twats trying to impress other people. Second, your english is terrible and it shows in your posts. Finally, this is exactly what I'd expect from someone who drives an autotragic, poseur Skyline.

Originally posted by 1-Bar
lol....pre-med does exsist. Its called the Faculty of Science :nut:

Did you have to rain on Jeff's parade? :D

Back on topic boys.

1-Bar
04-29-2007, 04:46 PM
^no rain on anyone's parade. I should have used [] and my point would have come across better.

Back on topic: I'm sure anyone in town can do a system flush. But IMO I don't think it will help with your accel/decell problem. Check for gunk build up on the throttle cable as well as under the gas pedal.

Prolifique
05-23-2007, 03:55 AM
This issue still stands as i'm driving and at certain times it tends to turn this "power" light on and then it stops accelerating and the rpm goes bonkers,. It does this until I drive for a bit then it kicks back out of some gear. At this point it feels like it just changed gears cause you can feel it switch but why does it keep on getting stuck,,..and my vehicle has this power and hold button which I have no idea in mind what it's real intentions for usage is but for one the power button makes the car go quick if that helps.

ca18det240sx
05-23-2007, 06:32 AM
wonder if maybe the power button is the factory pyrometer? not sure about how the factory pyro works....but i know its there.

j0nblayz
05-23-2007, 08:20 AM
maybe its in limp mode? not sure if the skylines have this, but on mine if there are any issues with the tranny it goes into limp mode. Try resetting the ecu, unplug and plug back in the ecu, that should reset it, and maybe that'll fix your problem.

Prolifique
05-25-2007, 12:55 AM
How does one reset the ecu on a skyline? and on second thought what does the ecu look like? and where is it....

-Jay21-
05-25-2007, 01:13 AM
How does one reset the ecu on a skyline? and on second thought what does the ecu look like? and where is it....

Take off the negative terminal off your battery for about 2 minutes, that should reset your ecu.
Your ecu is located behind the passenger kickpanel, so next to the passengers left foot. But you don't need to go near it to reset it.

edicius
05-25-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm sorry but someone being learn'ed in the ways of science and medicine does not mean they know what the hell they are doing on a car. Sounds like your car is going into limp mode, does it stutter really badly or does it just not want to accelerate? if stuttering then I would check something in the ignition system (as in coils or plugs). If it just doesn't want to go faster then i'd check the maf as it might be burnt out.

Good luck and have fun