PDA

View Full Version : beating a speeding ticket?

GwaiLo
04-21-2007, 01:38 AM
so i was on jon lauier speeding a bit and i guess i caught up to an undercover and didnt realize it kuz of the damn rain but he slammed his breaks and pulled me over and said he got me goin 96 in a 70 zone but how the hell does that work if he was driving infront of me?? Is there anyway to beat this?
Also he forgot to write the postal code.. does that mean anything?

mo_money2supe
04-21-2007, 01:43 AM
I know the RCMP cruisers have radar built into their vehicles to detect speeds of vehicles both ahead AND behind based on their cruiser's speed. I'm assuming CPS now has that same capability, thereby explaining how he figured out your speed. As for the Postal Code, no idea...

By the way, it's spelled "John Laurie."

ctruo
04-21-2007, 02:25 AM
Dude that is your BIG break right there!! NO postal Code NO CHARGE (correct me if i m worng)!! But ask other people about it, i had a friend who came down from airdrie.. and got a ticket.. cop did not put down the Airdrie as the city and he got away clean! But You should call those people who fight speeding tickets and ask them about it!!!

DayGlow
04-21-2007, 02:36 AM
no postal code is not fatal. Ticket stands. Traffic units also have front and rear radar that works moving.

boopydogg
04-21-2007, 04:06 AM
ticket still stands cause you can still recive a letter (I.E. a summons) with the wrong postal code.

the wrong city and the wrong postal code are two different things

JordanAndrew
04-21-2007, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by boopydogg
ticket still stands cause you can still recive a letter (I.E. a summons) with the wrong postal code.

the wrong city and the wrong postal code are two different things

+1

You can fight the ticket, but you will most likely lose. The crown will usually just give you a lower ticket fine if you plead guilty and probably 2 demerits off, nothing less as there is no such thing as a 1 demerit speeding ticket. At least that's what the crown told me last time I got a ticket.

Team_Mclaren
04-21-2007, 11:52 PM
I passed by the same spot 3 times last night, that cop was determined. He was outside behind his car with the radar gun in the mad rain.

with that much water/snow on the road, theres not excuse to speed last night. At least you didnt have your car towed. I saw a white integra being towed.

RX_EVOLV
04-22-2007, 12:51 AM
No postal code is not a mistake. my last ticket had no postal code, and i've seen many other tickets that also do not have postal code. Doesnt mean anything

Isaiah
04-22-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
with that much water/snow on the road, theres not excuse to speed last night. At least you didnt have your car towed.
+1

Consider yourself lucky that he didn't tag you with something else for driving like that in the conditions as they were. drive according to the conditions because other people don't expect you to be going 30 over the limit when the roads are shitty.

Darkenergy
04-22-2007, 01:44 AM
What happens if they have the wrong postal code??

Isaiah
04-22-2007, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Darkenergy
What happens if they have the wrong postal code??
Track down the address for the one they wrote down and move there.

nadroj23
04-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by DayGlow
no postal code is not fatal. Ticket stands. Traffic units also have front and rear radar that works moving.

Yes they do i know first hand....First spring day with summers on last week got me a nice ticket comin up on a cop so they can get you from behind. They have 6 months to change the ticket if need be. And why not ask the cop how he got you, i did he answered i said thank you and off i went.