PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run

zerocon
04-21-2007, 03:10 AM
Hey guys, I was on my way into the city to pick up a few buddies who were stuck at a bar... I was stopped at a red light (middle lane at Mcleoud and 162nd (the shawnessy turn in) with a 1995ish red alero on my right, when a black muddy F150(or 250) hit the red alero and pinged into my truck... Car was going about 80km/h after hitting us and running the red light the driver proceeded to speed up and out of sight going northbound on Mcleoud trail... I TRIED to make out the license plate but the plate was covered in mud (as was the rest of the truck...as he left mud all over the side of my truck...) We pulled to the side contacted the police who arrived RIGHT AWAY...within 2 minutes of calling...filled out the reports.... turns out the other guys kid is a cop (maybe thta will help :P)

I am a little pissed becuase it seemed so pointelss as the light had been red for about 20seconds giving him tons of time to see the red light and slow down... and then the guy sped up without even slowing down...as if he didnt even CONSIDER stopping....

Its not much info and more venting then anything but if there is ANY info whatsoever out there that would be amazing
The truck should have red on its front right bumper/fender and black/grey on its front left bumper/fender...

any advice whatsover would be nice... I might post pics to see what you guys think can be done to fix it (no collision insurance as its a 1993 mazda B2200 :( )

Thanks for your guys time!

7thgenvic
04-21-2007, 03:13 AM
just drive the thing. your trunk wouldn't be worth more then a grand or two anyways. just hammer the dings out

zerocon
04-21-2007, 03:18 AM
Thanks tips...
Yeah, I dont care about my truck as much as this guy HAD to have been drunk and is still out there on the road now... and he FUCKED the other guys car up REALLY good... The guy seemed like a real nice guy too...

TrevorK
04-21-2007, 09:27 AM
If the Alero ran into you then you may want to talk to your insurance company as the Alero's insurance may cover the damages as part of it's PLPD.

It's a tricky situation with damage caused by a car that's not at fault for the accident, and you not having collision won't motivate the insurance companies to settle. However, it may be worth a phone call if you have significant damage. What would happen is the Alero's insurance would pay you out (As the Alero damaged your car) and they would then sue the driver of the Truck (if found).

Isaiah
04-21-2007, 09:40 AM
What's with all the hit and runs lately?

danno
04-21-2007, 11:17 AM
i got hit friday night too, not sure what street it is but it was on 162nd ave as well by the shoppers at the top of the hill. i was stopped behind a van when it threw it in reverse and hit me, she did a u turn and looked at me, made some hand gesture and took off. i gave chase and caught her by the end of the block, she stopped and jumped out saying she has to get her daughter to the hospital for some unrelated issue. i said hell no you can give me your info then you can go. i got it all, and let her go. the damage on my car is minimal (as far as i can tell last night) couple of scratches. do i need to go to the police for hit and run???

zerocon
04-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK
If the Alero ran into you then you may want to talk to your insurance company as the Alero's insurance may cover the damages as part of it's PLPD.

It's a tricky situation with damage caused by a car that's not at fault for the accident, and you not having collision won't motivate the insurance companies to settle. However, it may be worth a phone call if you have significant damage. What would happen is the Alero's insurance would pay you out (As the Alero damaged your car) and they would then sue the driver of the Truck (if found).

No he pretty much wrote off the ALERO and then pinged into me after that... Seriously i jsut want this guy off the road... I talked the cops and they said they usually get these guys...because the auto body shop have to report more then a grand worthe of damage... it would be pretty obvious with the red paint on the front right and the black on the front left.... and it was a nice new truck as well so me thinks he would get it fixed

Isaiah
04-22-2007, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by danno
i got hit friday night too, not sure what street it is but it was on 162nd ave as well by the shoppers at the top of the hill. i was stopped behind a van when it threw it in reverse and hit me, she did a u turn and looked at me, made some hand gesture and took off. i gave chase and caught her by the end of the block, she stopped and jumped out saying she has to get her daughter to the hospital for some unrelated issue. i said hell no you can give me your info then you can go. i got it all, and let her go. the damage on my car is minimal (as far as i can tell last night) couple of scratches. do i need to go to the police for hit and run???

If she hit you and booked it...and you had to chase her down...I would say that definitely qualifies as a hit and run. She'll probably deny it but I would certainly file a report.

403Gemini
04-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
What's with all the hit and runs lately?

lol "lately"

dozens happen everyday, its pretty sick really